Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone boardroom sign on eBay - genuine?

D

Deleted User X18H

sorry .... ??

It's ok don't be.

The Exec club was below the West Stand entrance to the Directors Box from about 1991 onwards. This is when the played lounge was a Portakabin in the northwest corner roughly where the Lego stand used to be. I don't think there was an external entrance to the exec club you would gain access through the main entrance.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's ok don't be.

The Exec club was below the West Stand entrance to the Directors Box from about 1991 onwards. This is when the played lounge was a Portakabin in the northwest corner roughly where the Lego stand used to be. I don't think there was an external entrance to the exec club you would gain access through the main entrance.

Yep, no external entrance.

I am talking when the players lounge was still accessed through the doors next to the club shop, I think Jock was the 'doorman' at the time or from within the changing room corridor.

Does anyone remember the 'odd job man', was his name Stan or Sam, he seemed old then so maybe might not be with us any longer.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Indeed :lolol:

Anyway, some loon has already bid £310 for it, and there are still three days to go. I emailed the vendor and she's said she's giving some of the proceeds to the Ronald McDonald House charity, for kids.

Good for her, I won't be selling mine, its priceless, I was lucky enough to be a member of the Exec Club for the last few years at the ground, except the last one when the chief exec blocked our application, many happy memories, which are jogged when I look at the sign.

I had even thought of putting the sign on the toilet door at home but Mrs H vetoed this idea.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Good for her, I won't be selling mine, its priceless, I was lucky enough to be a member of the Exec Club for the last few years at the ground, except the last one when the chief exec blocked our application, many happy memories, which are jogged when I look at the sign.

I had even thought of putting the sign on the toilet door at home but Mrs H vetoed this idea.

Had exactly the same idea :lolol:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
I know the person selling this, I don't know if it's real or not as I have not seen it but his a Albion fan through and through. The reason for selling is for charity relating to the sad death of a 10 year old from Lewes from cancer. Just hope the bids are for real as it's a great gesture.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I know the person selling this, I don't know if it's real or not as I have not seen it but his a Albion fan through and through. The reason for selling is for charity relating to the sad death of a 10 year old from Lewes from cancer. Just hope the bids are for real as it's a great gesture.

That's exactly what he / she said in an email to me, so good luck to them. Am a little concerned that the bidders won't cough up.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Spoken to Mr Harwood and the one he gave me was the sign on the outside wall, this one was on the actual door of the bar, so it is genuine and as its for such a good cause hopefully the bidders will cough up.

Mrs Hart and I have, at 3.30pm this afternoon, been married for exactly 20 years, taking the old girl out tonight and am thinking about broaching the subject of doubling my exec clubs signs:lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Spoken to Mr Harwood and the one he gave me was the sign on the outside wall, this one was on the actual door of the bar, so it is genuine and as its for such a good cause hopefully the bidders will cough up.

Mrs Hart and I have, at 3.30pm this afternoon, been married for exactly 20 years, taking the old girl out tonight and am thinking about broaching the subject of doubling my exec clubs signs:lolol:

You'll be lucky to make it to 21 if you do :lolol: Congrats, Harty, you loon.

james93

Jan 18, 2009
Lewes
This is the genuine sign that was at the Goldstone. Not all of the money is being donated to charity, A chunk of it will be though. Please bid on the item to raise money for a truly brilliant charity that helped a truly brilliant little boy when he was so ill.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

which means at about 2 days ago you got some nasty letters from the club

whilst you took the old girl out, did the old chap get an airing?? :lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
which means at about 2 days ago you got some nasty letters from the club

whilst you took the old girl out, did the old chap get an airing?? :lolol:

Way passed that at 46 old boy:lolol:

I forgot about the 'letter' from the club, my old grandad thought it was a good luck card when the postie knocked on the door to get him to sign for it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Way passed that at 46 old boy:lolol:

I forgot about the 'letter' from the club, my old grandad thought it was a good luck card when the postie knocked on the door to get him to sign for it.

Dont worry Ian, as age starts to addle your memory, this youngster (only 41) will be around to help you remember things

james93

Jan 18, 2009
Lewes

Hi, who are you then??? :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here