Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] God save the Queen.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
For all those wanting to move away from a monarchy just consider how happy you would have been with Johnson as president

Bit of a stupid point really. The possibility of boris becoming president would also bring about the possibility of him being voted out. A democratically elected HOS would be an improvement. Even taking Trumps presidency as an example. He was voted in, he was awful and therefore got voted out after 1 term.

As for the queen she’s done an average job, unopposed for a long long time. I’m not celebrating that!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As for the queen she’s done an average job, unopposed for a long long time. I’m not celebrating that!

I struggle to understand what it is she actually does….other than sit on a throne and occasionally ask people what they do.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I struggle to understand what it is she actually does….other than sit on a throne and occasionally ask people what they do.

Stays impartial, cuts the odd ribbon and is dedicated to duty. Nothing remarkable there compared to people that actually make a difference.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whose boat race would you have on our stamps then?

Brits who has achieved something significant? Or images of British success stories? Hmmm, I see your point.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The best monarch ever but sadly won’t be the last.

She has very, very few faults but one, unfortunately, is the habit to breed ‘total idiot offspring’. Surely Charles will crash the monarchy?

I think we’ve all had enough of the epitome of upper class, white inherited privilege that is personified in the royal family. Talentless chancers like Boris the Liar and Andrew the Liar who lie and lie and lie to the British people but expect respect, power and privilege in return.

This is the century where the monarch will be replaced by a president, hopefully with the great capabilities, honour, integrity and judgement of the present (and one off) Queen.

Out of interest whose decision would it be to scrap the Monarchy

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Why do people ALWAYS quote the USA as if it were the only example of a republic in the world? Other countries (France and Ireland spring immediately to mind) have both a Prime Minister and a President. So that's a model we could have: the PM looks after the day-to-day running of the country and the President does the ceremonial stuff - and also plays an important and democratically-legitimate constitutional role.

So we would NOT have had President Thatcher, President Blair or President Johnson - they would have stayed as PMs.

Like in Turkey?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So are you saying that you can compare the royal family's accomplishment of sustaining their outrageous privilege to say for e.g. a 19th century mine worker sustaining the "privilege" of feeding his family by working a coal seam six and a half days a week for a few shillings? Blimey...

Plenty of previously poor people have become very rich over generations and vice versa. All humans want to protect and pass on any wealth they’ve accumulated. The Royal Family is no different, why should it be? And I for one don’t envy them. Christ, imagine all those cameras pointing in your face and duty calls appointments when really you just want to lie in bed for once rather than open another hospital. And then there’s Andrew…

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Camilla as next queen as well? Never once did I swear allegiance to her. And I dont think I will do in the future as well.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like in Turkey?
No, more like Ireland. Turkey is another example of where the President has too much executive power. The Turks deserve some respect though. They transitioned from being the Ottoman Empire and being ruled by Sultans into a modern, secular republic almost overnight. We already have a democratic base to build on.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I think public opinion would force them to quit if all the media turned against them.

I think you could well be mistaken, the British people love the Royal Family, it is just a few, very vocal lefty blowhards and Momentum loons that get their knickers in a twist about it all.
God save the Queen.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
70 years our Monarch. A truly remarkable woman.
94848583d3c984067aaede0a76251920.jpg

Amazing what someone can achieve with absolute privilege.

Having a monarchy in this day and age absolutely baffles me. Why on earth do we put an entire family and extended family in a position of untold wealth (at our expense) and then choose to bow and scrape to them like they are superior beings?

F*cking mental.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think you could well be mistaken, the British people love the Royal Family, it is just a few, very vocal lefty blowhards and Momentum loons that get their knickers in a twist about it all.
God save the Queen.

They certainly love the the Queen but the whole Royal Family? There are not many. I think you’re in the minority of people on this board who’d get on their knees for Prince Andrew.

God save the Queen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The best monarch ever but sadly won’t be the last.

She has very, very few faults but one, unfortunately, is the habit to breed ‘total idiot offspring’. Surely Charles will crash the monarchy?

I think we’ve all had enough of the epitome of upper class, white inherited privilege that is personified in the royal family. Talentless chancers like Boris the Liar and Andrew the Liar who lie and lie and lie to the British people but expect respect, power and privilege in return.

This is the century where the monarch will be replaced by a president, hopefully with the great capabilities, honour, integrity and judgement of the present (and one off) Queen.

The Queen done has an fantastic job and has hardly put a foot wrong but when she passes things will begin to change.

I'm not sure the UK will become a Republic any time soon, but I think many of the 15 countries around the world that have our monarch as their head of state will. I'm not sure Australia will take to Queen Camilla...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, the Queen has massive wealth and privilege. Would I want to be part of her family? No way but I have great admiration for her and also Princess Anne. William and Kate are beige in my eyes but I don’t have a problem with them. Charles and Camilla, meh. The rest of them I have no time for at all. Especially Andrew and Harry

Would I back getting rid of them? No

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
They certainly love the the Queen but the whole Royal Family? There are not many. I think you’re in the minority of people on this board who’d get on their knees for Prince Andrew.

God save the Queen.

Not this Sailor.
A nasty,entitled piece of filth he is.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Plenty of previously poor people have become very rich over generations and vice versa. All humans want to protect and pass on any wealth they’ve accumulated. The Royal Family is no different, why should it be? And I for one don’t envy them. Christ, imagine all those cameras pointing in your face and duty calls appointments when really you just want to lie in bed for once rather than open another hospital. And then there’s Andrew…

if king charlie doesn't want to remodel "the firm" more akin to the dutch royal family, we should divvy up the wealth we've accumulated over the centuries between british families

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, the Queen has massive wealth and privilege. Would I want to be part of her family? No way but I have great admiration for her and also Princess Anne. William and Kate are beige in my eyes but I don’t have a problem with them. Charles and Camilla, meh. The rest of them I have no time for at all. Especially Andrew and Harry

Would I back getting rid of them? No

Harry didn't want to be part of the family at all as he hated the press intrusion, which he believes killed his mother. He still has trauma from walking in public, aged just 12, behind his mother's coffin. He was so frightened Prince Philip offered to walk with him. Meghan had a miscarriage a couple of years ago and a photographer leapt out of a shrub to photograph her coming out of the clinic. Who can live with that every day of their lives. That's why he got out but is villified (or rather his wife is) for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here