Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GLitch on 'Next' Website. Could save you lots of money on a sofa

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My money has been taken (removed from my bank) and now received an email cancelling the order saying no stock.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My money has been taken (removed from my bank) and now received an email cancelling the order saying no stock.

I was wondering when something was going to happen. Nothing taken from my account, and on the next site my order tracking has it as <order received to be dispatched shortly> but heard nothing else.

I'm surprised I've not had the 'no stock' email yet, or a call. I'm sort of enjoying the fact there must be some panic somewhere within the Next organisation as various people try to work out what happened.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I was wondering when something was going to happen. Nothing taken from my account, and on the next site my order tracking has it as <order received to be dispatched shortly> but heard nothing else.

I'm surprised I've not had the 'no stock' email yet, or a call. I'm sort of enjoying the fact there must be some panic somewhere within the Next organisation as various people try to work out what happened.

no surprise but mine has also been cancelled. Money taken though and not reimbursed as yet. :down: What will we sit on next Christmas (orange boxes) boo to next their useless.

I wish they would tell the truth though as email states 'no stock', we all know that's bollicks and the cocked up, why not just say Joe Bloggs cocked up and we have now sacked him, please have a free pair of pants as a gesture of goodwill.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So Next's idea worked then.

Let's misprice something, leak it to a website which will then be all over the web before tea time and get 10,000 people to place an order at £100 a time for something we can easiler then cancel. We get £1,000,000 into our bank account from their credit cards and sit on it for a month, that will give us great cashflow for January which is always the worst month.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So Next's idea worked then.

Let's misprice something, leak it to a website which will then be all over the web before tea time and get 10,000 people to place an order at £100 a time for something we can easiler then cancel. We get £1,000,000 into our bank account from their credit cards and sit on it for a month, that will give us great cashflow for January which is always the worst month.

Isn't that what our banks did for the last couple of decades!?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

States in T&C orders

Orders
A contract is formed between Next and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered. Until the goods are despatched the order may be cancelled. Exceptions apply to orders for personalised items and goods made to your order, which cannot be cancelled once you have received email confirmation that your order has been accepted. For a full list of exceptions please see Returns below. For security reasons, until you have placed an order for goods, received your first statement and a payment has been received for those goods, you will be unable to order Gift Cards/ vouchers, ask for delivery to a store or to an alternative address. For security reasons we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction.

Exceptions to the Returns Policy
The following items are not included in our standard returns policy. We cannot accept any returns through our airport stores. We are unable to accept the return of large bulky items, domestic appliances or copies of the Next Directory through our stores. A non-refundable collection charge of £30.00 will be applied to large furniture items if delivery is refused, or collection is requested, unless the product is faulty or does not fit the description given. No refunds or exchanges can be given on items made to your specification, such as sofas, digital photos and photo gifts and made to measure curtains, or on either sample pots, or full size pots of paint unless there is a manufacturing defect or the goods are not as ordered. For hygiene reasons, certain jewellery items, cosmetics and grooming products, mattresses, divans, duvets and pillows cannot be returned if unwrapped unless faulty. Self assembly furniture cannot be returned part assembled. Perishable items such as food, drinks and fresh flowers cannot be returned. Where a product has a security sticker warning that the product cannot be returned once the sticker is removed, a refund or exchange will not be given if the seal is broken except in accordance with your legal rights. Gift cards/vouchers cannot be returned or exchanged for cash. Returned items which are not in new or unused condition may not be credited to your account unless they are faulty.

They are, if like me already taken the money, in clear breach of contract- I have spoken to government consumer advice and they have agreed with the facts. However you/we are only likely to succeed if court proceeding are started.

Incidently trading standards are investigating..........oh the suspense

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Screen shot 2012-01-13 at 12.32.56.png

I don't think I've been charged at all anyway, as I've checked my credit card account which is up to date just now.

"web site chatter" - I'll have you know it's high brow discussions sir! :D

edit: also seems it was wrong on their telephone system as well...

I'm going to push for a voucher or a couple of pairs of pants as compensation...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
alternative highlighting.

Were the goods personalised or made to your order ?

Appears they are, from the order page of Next online Sofas...........alternative highlighting

Delivery

Customers ordering one or more items in an order will only be charged once.
For sofa and furniture orders you will be advised of a minimum lead time at the point of ordering.
Your sofa will be made to order. Before ordering a sofa or furniture please check dimensions of internal and external access points including doors, corridors, stairs and corners.
Check for dimensions against your desired sofa or furniture to ensure access is possible.
As soon as your items are ready we will contact you with a date of delivery.
The majority of deliveries are made Monday to Sunday (excluding bank holidays).
We will also arrange an AM (7.30am to 1.00pm) or a PM (12.00 to 6.00pm) delivery.
If you cannot accept the first option then you will be offered two other alternatives.
Please ensure there is someone at the property to receive the goods as they will have to be signed for.
On the delivery day a two person team will place the furniture in the room of your choice and unwrap the sofa unless otherwise requested.
Please ensure all access points are clear of obstacles.
Self assembly items will remain in their boxes. Boxed products will be placed in a room of your choice.
Cancellation
As a sofa is made-to-order and produced precisely to your requirements, no refunds or exchanges can be made unless your instructions have not been carried out, or the item is found to be faulty. A non-refundable deposit of 10% per sofa order will be payable if the order is cancelled after 7 days. This charge will be made to your Next Directory account. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Next............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here