Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GLitch on 'Next' Website. Could save you lots of money on a sofa

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Go to the next web site Next Official Site: Shop for Clothes, Shoes, Electricals, Homeware More , then click homeware at the top, the click sofas, go to page 2,
click the rochelle sofa,
fabric: HENDON,
Colour: Stone
Feet: Standard
then go to medium sofa and make quantity 2 and click add to basket, where is says sofa size change it to SF SMALL
and it should now say discount £1100 total price £98

Worst that could happen is that your money is just refunded and you dont get the sofa's. BUT you could well have 2 sofas for sod all.
sofal.png

Bought 4

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bought 4.

Honoured 0.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Bought 4.

Honoured 0.

Yeah more than likely it wont be honoured, but there is no harm in trying. All that will happen is that ill get my money back. No biggy.
Or i could land up with 3 sofas that i dont need for next to nothing which i can sell for profit.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I suspect that if you'd bought one, there's a chance they'd honour it if you made out it was a reasonable expectation.

Buying 4 = not a hope in hell.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Go to the next web site Next Official Site: Shop for Clothes, Shoes, Electricals, Homeware More , then click homeware at the top, the click sofas, go to page 2,
click the rochelle sofa,
then go to medium sofa and make quantity 2 and click add to basket, where is says sofa size change it to SF SMALL

Bought 2....dont know what she'll say when she gets in but she cant accuse me of never buying her anything.

Worst that could happen is that your money is just refunded and you dont get the sofa's. BUT you could well have 2 sofas for sod all.
sofal.png

Bought 4

Bought 2, lets wait and see.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Sorry There's Been An Error
A problem has occurred and we are unable to complete your request.

We are working to restore the service as soon as possible, so please try again later.

If you wish to place an order, please call us on 0844 844 8000.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
click the rochelle sofa,

sofal.png

Bought 4

CANT SEE AN ORDER NUMBER, Did you get one?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
They will not honour it, read the T AND C's
Tried loads of times with various products, sorry people

Just the other day first choice had a glitch on their website for our holiday to Mexico and dropped it by £400 p/p. It wouldn't process but with the screenshots my girlfriend made a fuss and they are honouring it.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
next have sussed it out

good vsdpot we just tried to purchase 2 we were successful until we tried to pay, where next said there is an error we will contact you about this soon...blah blah blah... so don't waste your time guys they now are aware.:glare:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Not a waste of time i have just ordered 2 of them and payment gone through.... Thanks very much arkan!

next.jpg

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ordered two and got a confirmation email.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Guys I know it's worth a shot but these are simply 'order confirmation' emails. It means nothing! They cover this kind of thing in the terms and conditions. Do not get your hopes up.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Guys I know it's worth a shot but these are simply 'order confirmation' emails. It means nothing! They cover this kind of thing in the terms and conditions. Do not get your hopes up.

If a shop miss-prices something, it has to fulfil that price if you buy it before they change it.

T+C's can be fought and beaten if not fair to the consumer, I've done it before.

That said, if Next lose a lot over this they will not back down. OP should have kept it to themselves to ensure the deal.

Buying a service - your consumer rights : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights
Unfair terms in contracts
You may be asked to sign a contract for the service you buy. It is illegal for any terms in the contract to unfairly favour the trader (eg no warning of price increases).
Even if a term is unfair, you should get legal advice before you break the terms of a contract.

edit - also states this
Pricing and your rights
The price of any item you buy should be clearly priced. If an item has been wrongly priced by mistake, you don’t have the right to buy it at that price. For example if a coat is priced at £29, but is actually £299 when you get to the till.
If you are unhappy with the correct price, you don’t have to buy the item.

Last edited:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
if this comes off, we need a new sofa, but no money till friday and i expect it will be fixed by then, if the sofas are nice, i'l buy one off someone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here