Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
First time I've seen him play. On that showing 300k was a steal and we should do everything we can to keep him. A fantastic performance. He formed a devastating partnership with forster which southampton didn't have a clue how to deal with, he ran his nads off and in the second half when we were under the cosh he repeatedly drew fouls from the saints defence/midfield thus giving us some vital breathing time.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I understand Glen undermined slade at every opportunity and is unhappy at the club and in this part of the world too. It's good to see him playing better for us all of a sudden including the Wycombe cup tie. But he did turn it on for the cameras and it makes me pissed off that he didn't try under Slade. It suits all of us for him to play well now to put himself in the shop window but its not because he wants to stay here.

Bring on the transfer fee!

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
Given that Murray was excellent against Wycombe too, I think we can look forward to plenty of goals from our forwards in the next 6 weeks. He is clearly fitter than at any time since he joined the club looking at his work rate off the ball and speed.

Players do not make decisions like fans, they have their familly life to think of and careers are short and precarious (how many of would complain if Murray had a bad knee injury next week and then we didn't renew his contract, loyalty in football only truely exists between a fan and their club, and not always then even!).

If he is playing for a move then good luck to him, the more goals he gets in the next six weeks the higher up the league will be and the bigger the price tag. That said he should not have signed a long deal, without expecting us to hold out for big money (by that I mean £750,000+)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I understand Glen undermined slade at every opportunity and is unhappy at the club and in this part of the world too. It's good to see him playing better for us all of a sudden including the Wycombe cup tie. But he did turn it on for the cameras and it makes me pissed off that he didn't try under Slade. It suits all of us for him to play well now to put himself in the shop window but its not because he wants to stay here.

Bring on the transfer fee!

Err.........I saw Murray at Brentford where he came off the bench after injury, and looked our best player, and also at Tranmere where again he looked a cut above everyone else and a class act.

He may be unhappy at life down here, and that's a shame, but to say he is only trying it on the cameras is a load of baloney IMO.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Not only was he immense going forward, i lost count of the amount of corners he headed away from our box.
Hopefully he will put his head down now and either score plenty for us or move on and get a decent fee in January.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Both yesterday and at Wycombe I thought his reaction to his goals and that of the other players in the squad didn't suggest he was unsettled.

He looked sharp in both games and maybe the bit of luck he got (not saying it was a lucky goal, however I'm sure if Slade had still been in charge it would have hit the post and gone safe) with the second is the sign that the the tide is changing.

I really hope he stays but if he does feel his future is elsewhere then these goals and these performances are doing him no harm in getting noticed.

Jimmy Grimble

Best player on the pitch by an absolute mile.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Both Murray and Cox had cracking games yesterday.

Cliche as it is to say this, but with these two returning to the side and working as hard as they did yesterday, it felt like Albion had signed two new players.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
No Keiran I didn't say he only tried it on for the cameras - I said that he tried it on for the cameras as well as playing better now slade has gone

Still doesn't mean he will stay - he knows its his only route out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here