Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray in a real kit

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
It must be a photoshop pic of Murray because there is a packed crowd behind him - something not seen at Sainsbury's (Selhurst )for many seasons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All the gloating about signing Murray but they seem to forget he left us by choice both his and ours if we had wanted him badly enough it would have been easy to increase our offer but his agent being an ex palace player knew how desperate and easy to twist they are so pushed him to go there with an inflated wage.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
It must be a photoshop pic of Murray because there is a packed crowd behind him - something not seen at Sainsbury's (Selhurst )for many seasons.

Ironic!

You couldn't even sell out the Withdean for the majority of your matches this season! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
What's funny is the player only really turned up for one season, and there were obvious factors that accounted for the extra effort this term.

Poyets management style (wouldn't pander - dropped/subbed him when felt it was needed) and the fact Glenn needed to show up well in his final year for any chance of earning the big career contract. Also the fact he was in a squad containing a few players with more talent than his own (so the strops and moans would get him nowhere) and it was obviously on a roll (tough to get back in if you fell out of favour).

My suspicion is there's a very good chance the dispirited, petulant, ill-disciplined, languid Murray we saw a lot of in the past will return now his big money deal is secured.

I thank the man for his contribution to our latest promotion, and smile in the belief that he'll frustrate the enemy and simply become that useless Brighton b@stard in their eyes before too long.

Not sure why I should be hurt but I'm not. But then I'm not sure why you've made him wear a wig either - could be tricky heading the ball but perhaps he won't be doing that anymore?

Jon_Ellacott

May 25, 2011
A Caravan in East Croydon
Gonna have to say that the last few home games at Palace were probably the most packed I have seen Selhurst in a while. Away from home though we haven't been too bad, although Swansea was a poor showing on our part regardless if it was on Sky. If anything though our vocal support, no matter how small, has been pretty fantastic, and that's down to the Holmesdale Fanatics. At times, if it wasn't for the HF, it would be lacking any atmosphere.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Gonna have to say that the last few home games at Palace were probably the most packed I have seen Selhurst in a while. Away from home though we haven't been too bad, although Swansea was a poor showing on our part regardless if it was on Sky. If anything though our vocal support, no matter how small, has been pretty fantastic, and that's down to the Holmesdale Fanatics. At times, if it wasn't for the HF, it would be lacking any atmosphere.

And you're telling us this because .... ??

Jon_Ellacott

May 25, 2011
A Caravan in East Croydon
And you're telling us this because .... ??

I was just replying in relation to a comment about Palace support by caveman, which my fellow Palace fans aren't actually addressing and just trying to 'big themselves' up here there and goodness knows where, and just trying to rile you guys up. Something which I am not trying to do.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The photo that started this thread is the exact reason why no-one but graphic designers should be given access to Photoshop.

Attachments

• murray.jpg
    murray.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 293

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's not lacking atmosphere...Why do you think it's called Smellworst park...there's a smell of sewage evrywhere.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
May I remind you how you ended up in debt in the first place.

Championship side Crystal Palace has gone into administration as a result of financial difficulties.

In November, cash flow problems were highlighted after players were paid late on several occasions.

The news comes just a month after Watford Football Club saw its shares suspended after its parent company, Watford Leisure, was on the verge of administration.

Watford Leisure recently announced it would run out of cash before Christmas if it did not secure further funding.

However, Watford was saved from the threat of administration after majority shareholder Lord Ashcroft agreed to pay former chairman Jimmy Russo more than £4 million.

As a result, the future of the Watford FC is secure until the end of the season.

Returning to Selhurst Park, home of Crystal Palace Football Club, administrators have been appointed to save the club and restructure its finances while seeking buyers.

According to reports, Crystal Palace has a mountain of debt totalling £30 million and is due in court today to face a winding-up order from HM Revenue and Customs.

As a result of the administration, a 10-point penalty will be automatically applied which will see the club fall from ninth in the second tier to two places above the drop zone.

Administrators Brendon Guilfoyle, Chris White and John Russell of the P & A Partnership said its job is to secure a buyer and “provide certainty for the employees, players and fans for the future.”

However, club manager Neil Warnock said: “The supporters can rest assured that me and the players will fight every inch of the way.”

And you still owe people money
CPFC 2010 announce crunch meeting with creditors From This Is Local London)
Simon Jordan insists: I'm not bitter despite losing £30m at Palace | Mail Online

Among the 190 people and companies owed money as of January 26 are:
- Selhurst Park Ltd: £1,467,019 in rent on the ground

- Football clubs (incl Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Austria Vienna): £1,291,382

- Football agents (incl Nick Carle's and Leon Cort's): £99,786

- Thames Water: £42,040 (incl Selhurst Park, club shop and training ground)

- London Ambulance service: £21,660

- Met Police: £19,711

- Heineken UK: £18,320

- St John's Ambulance: £15,817

- Croydon Council parking: £9,491

- Jaguar: £2,325

- Mower mate: £1,842

- Maximuscle: £1,749

- Robert Miller (fish mungers): £934

- Sportskit pro soccer: £1

- Palace were also owed £4,129 in expenses by former manager Neil Warnock and £28 in expenses by former vice chairman Dominic Jordan.

So please don't come on here boosting about getting new players. At least some of your supporters did the decent thing and set up a just giving page to pay back St Johns Ambulance.

I started an investigation into this yesterday to find out how much they owed St John Ambulance. Having spoken to the St John PR unit it appears that all St John business within the M25 is run by a London PR company called Lexia Media. Despite having their telephone number when you call it their is half a ring then the line goes dead. In my years in business I don't think I can recall a marketing/PR company who you can't communicate with. I'll keep you posted !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here