Glen Murray in a real kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I couldnt give a f*** if thats him smiling to be honest, if he scores the goals then why should we care if his a miserable bastard!! You cant blame him his been at Brighton for 3 years hasnt he???? Murray or Hoskins... hahaha

Are you THE Seagulleater? The one who came to REMF 1??

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting, Palace fans gloating over the signing of a player who's effectively been discarded by us. Oh well, Pikeys looking for scrap, who would have thought it ?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It must hurt so bad, hahahahahaha

May I remind you how you ended up in debt in the first place.

Championship side Crystal Palace has gone into administration as a result of financial difficulties.

In November, cash flow problems were highlighted after players were paid late on several occasions.

The news comes just a month after Watford Football Club saw its shares suspended after its parent company, Watford Leisure, was on the verge of administration.

Watford Leisure recently announced it would run out of cash before Christmas if it did not secure further funding.

However, Watford was saved from the threat of administration after majority shareholder Lord Ashcroft agreed to pay former chairman Jimmy Russo more than £4 million.

As a result, the future of the Watford FC is secure until the end of the season.

Returning to Selhurst Park, home of Crystal Palace Football Club, administrators have been appointed to save the club and restructure its finances while seeking buyers.

According to reports, Crystal Palace has a mountain of debt totalling £30 million and is due in court today to face a winding-up order from HM Revenue and Customs.

As a result of the administration, a 10-point penalty will be automatically applied which will see the club fall from ninth in the second tier to two places above the drop zone.

Administrators Brendon Guilfoyle, Chris White and John Russell of the P & A Partnership said its job is to secure a buyer and “provide certainty for the employees, players and fans for the future.”

However, club manager Neil Warnock said: “The supporters can rest assured that me and the players will fight every inch of the way.”

And you still owe people money
CPFC 2010 announce crunch meeting with creditors From This Is Local London)
Simon Jordan insists: I'm not bitter despite losing £30m at Palace | Mail Online

Among the 190 people and companies owed money as of January 26 are:
- Selhurst Park Ltd: £1,467,019 in rent on the ground

- Football clubs (incl Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Austria Vienna): £1,291,382

- Football agents (incl Nick Carle's and Leon Cort's): £99,786

- Thames Water: £42,040 (incl Selhurst Park, club shop and training ground)

- London Ambulance service: £21,660

- Met Police: £19,711

- Heineken UK: £18,320

- St John's Ambulance: £15,817

- Croydon Council parking: £9,491

- Jaguar: £2,325

- Mower mate: £1,842

- Maximuscle: £1,749

- Robert Miller (fish mungers): £934

- Sportskit pro soccer: £1

- Palace were also owed £4,129 in expenses by former manager Neil Warnock and £28 in expenses by former vice chairman Dominic Jordan.

So please don't come on here boosting about getting new players. At least some of your supporters did the decent thing and set up a just giving page to pay back St Johns Ambulance.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
May I remind you how you ended up in debt in the first place.

Championship side Crystal Palace has gone into administration as a result of financial difficulties.

In November, cash flow problems were highlighted after players were paid late on several occasions.

The news comes just a month after Watford Football Club saw its shares suspended after its parent company, Watford Leisure, was on the verge of administration.

Watford Leisure recently announced it would run out of cash before Christmas if it did not secure further funding.

However, Watford was saved from the threat of administration after majority shareholder Lord Ashcroft agreed to pay former chairman Jimmy Russo more than £4 million.

As a result, the future of the Watford FC is secure until the end of the season.

Returning to Selhurst Park, home of Crystal Palace Football Club, administrators have been appointed to save the club and restructure its finances while seeking buyers.

According to reports, Crystal Palace has a mountain of debt totalling £30 million and is due in court today to face a winding-up order from HM Revenue and Customs.

As a result of the administration, a 10-point penalty will be automatically applied which will see the club fall from ninth in the second tier to two places above the drop zone.

Administrators Brendon Guilfoyle, Chris White and John Russell of the P & A Partnership said its job is to secure a buyer and “provide certainty for the employees, players and fans for the future.”

However, club manager Neil Warnock said: “The supporters can rest assured that me and the players will fight every inch of the way.”

And you still owe people money
CPFC 2010 announce crunch meeting with creditors From This Is Local London)
Simon Jordan insists: I'm not bitter despite losing £30m at Palace | Mail Online

Among the 190 people and companies owed money as of January 26 are:
- Selhurst Park Ltd: £1,467,019 in rent on the ground

- Football clubs (incl Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Austria Vienna): £1,291,382

- Football agents (incl Nick Carle's and Leon Cort's): £99,786

- Thames Water: £42,040 (incl Selhurst Park, club shop and training ground)

- London Ambulance service: £21,660

- Met Police: £19,711

- Heineken UK: £18,320

- St John's Ambulance: £15,817

- Croydon Council parking: £9,491

- Jaguar: £2,325

- Mower mate: £1,842

- Maximuscle: £1,749

- Robert Miller (fish mungers): £934

- Sportskit pro soccer: £1

- Palace were also owed £4,129 in expenses by former manager Neil Warnock and £28 in expenses by former vice chairman Dominic Jordan.

So please don't come on here boosting about getting new players. At least some of your supporters did the decent thing and set up a just giving page to pay back St Johns Ambulance.

Wasted effort I'm afraid, as far as a most Palace fans are concerned the problems of their club are due to Noades/Goldberg/Jordon/anybody who dared to ask for payment. I don't hate Palace, I just despise most of their fans.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm actually not that fussed by Murray moving to Palace - should I be? Footballers come and go. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

Although it looks to me like Glenn is wearing a Palace kit, not a Real kit - but it is early in the morning and I haven't put on my glasses yet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm actually not that fussed by Murray moving to Palace - should I be? Footballers come and go. He isn't the first and won't be the last.

Although it looks to me like Glenn is wearing a Palace kit, not a Real kit - but it is early in the morning and I haven't put on my glasses yet.

Well think about it, Pikeys, caravans, Circus, clown's outfit ? (In all senses).

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Here we go loopy loop!Same old Palarse just escape administration...TWICE by buying players they cannot afford,just getting on an even keel when they start paying high wages again,yes,free transfer but besides the wages knowing Murray and his agent there will be a large signing on fee and Agents fee to pay. Will miss Murray for his heading and hold up play...but no man...NO MAN is bigger than the club. Glad we did'nt break our wage structure and I'm sure Gus and TB have a player lined up to replace him.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's last year's official portrait 'photoshopped' on to a skinny body. Glenn's a bit more built than that. He'll score the goals as long as he gets the assists and it's in that department that Palace will struggle.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Why would it hurt? We didn't value him as much as he did so let him go. When will you guys work this out - there is no victory over Brighton in signing a player Gus didn't want to keep.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Couldn't you have used a real photo rather than a poor photoshop effort? That belongs on the Murray photoshop piss taking thread, especially with the ugly background.

The more this goes on, the more indifferent I become to him leaving.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I might be in the minority but no it does'nt hurt at all, Not only do I think we'll end up with better strikers than Murray but it's also a bit of an expensive gamble Palace have taken on a player who's never played at that level before.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Interesting, Palace fans gloating over the signing of a player who's effectively been discarded by us. Oh well, Pikeys looking for scrap, who would have thought it ?

Palace fans gloating about signing a player that they all considered to be shit compared to their mighty, relegation threatened squad? Let's hope it all goes horribly wrong for all of them-especially Murray (he is no longer a Brighton player so any loyalty or good will towards him ended when he signed for the Nigels).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I might be in the minority but no it does'nt hurt at all, Not only do I think we'll end up with better strikers than Murray but it's also a bit of an expensive gamble Palace have taken on a player who's never played at that level before.

Think you're with the majority here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I couldnt give a f*** if thats him smiling to be honest, if he scores the goals then why should we care if his a miserable bastard!! You cant blame him his been at Brighton for 3 years hasnt he???? Murray or Hoskins... hahaha

And now we've got the pick of the Nigel's intellectuals coming on here, gloating, in his best Pidgin English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports