Giant screen on the pitch for Boro game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Booked

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I might be dreaming but i'm sure I read somewhere that Sky won't allow live games to be screened. Something to do with them losing money.
I don't see how Sky get any say in it. When businesses (like the Albion, and pubs) pay a subscription to Sky for the right to show games, Sky can't suddenly take that right away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't see how Sky get any say in it. When businesses (like the Albion, and pubs) pay a subscription to Sky for the right to show games, Sky can't suddenly take that right away.

When it comes to pubs, Sky charge a commercial subscription according to floor space (ie potential capacity), so presumably they do the same for football clubs. I dunno whether they might levy an extra charge on BHA for showing it on the concourses AND on a giant screen. Maybe as a one-off like this, they just let it ride.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When it comes to pubs, Sky charge a commercial subscription according to floor space (ie potential capacity)
Ah, I didn't know that, cheers. Is it a price per square metre, of do they just have say 4 prices - small, medium, large and XL?

I can't actually imagine BHA would want to pay per metre, since we have a lot of concourse space and it's basically only used for SPN a few times a year.

EDIT - thinking about it, the North stand and concourse won't be any larger than the usual concourse space we use.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Why would sky care where you watch the match.The important thing to them is that you do watch the match.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
When it comes to pubs, Sky charge a commercial subscription according to floor space (ie potential capacity), so presumably they do the same for football clubs. I dunno whether they might levy an extra charge on BHA for showing it on the concourses AND on a giant screen. Maybe as a one-off like this, they just let it ride.

This is being billed as a 'beamback' urgo nothing to do with Sky (just like the Charlton game wasnt) so surely wont be costing them a penny?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is being billed as a 'beamback' urgo nothing to do with Sky (just like the Charlton game wasnt) so surely wont be costing them a penny?

Yes but Charlton wasn't actually covered live by Sky - this one will be. I'd wager they will be using the Sky coverage for this, as you'll have the commentary and multi-angles that you don't get on a straightforward beam-back.

At least I bloody hope so.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

I believe Sky charge based on council rates. Pubs moaned because a large country pub or even village pub was paying as much or more than a packed, cram them in, small town pub.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believe Sky charge based on council rates. Pubs moaned because a large country pub or even village pub was paying as much or more than a packed, cram them in, small town pub.

Last time I asked at my local (a couple of years ago admittedly) it was billed according to pub capacity. Maybe its changed then.

Regardless, I doubt BHA will have to pay anything extra to Sky for showing it on a big screen. It'll just be the cost of hiring the thing.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yes but Charlton wasn't actually covered live by Sky - this one will be. I'd wager they will be using the Sky coverage for this, as you'll have the commentary and multi-angles that you don't get on a straightforward beam-back.

At least I bloody hope so.

Charlton had commentary and multi-angles - i believe because it was a lead game on the football league show.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Like you then #fantasykeyboardwarrior

Typical scarfer, hiding behind your coco and knitting

If we go up and some lads from prem clubs start taking libertys as they,ve not had a holiday by the sea for years, who will stand up for you ???

Regards

DR

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Typical scarfer, hiding behind your coco and knitting

If we go up and some lads from prem clubs start taking libertys as they,ve not had a holiday by the sea for years, who will stand up for you ???

Regards

DR
That's the perfect excuse to get the mob back together!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here