Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ghastliest Country in Europe

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Spain - absolute third world, half built, dust bowl. A dump. With shit food.

think you must have gone to Benidorm or somewhere that does English breakfasts/roasts.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Spain is lovely, 10,000% better than the uk. The only downside is the building legalities and lower wage but hey, with great weather, cheap food and rent, I'd pack my bags in an instant if my job would send me there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bit of a recuring theme I'm afraid and technically its a principality....has to be wales, fantastic place its just the natives dislike us,and some parts of the middle east are much to be desired

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
The UK and then..
Poland/Ukraine

Oh the irony. I'll think you'll find it's us asking YOU to get out :)

what irony. i thought I used those two words get and out to mean the same as shut up, or piss off. not to mean get the f*** out of this country. If you saw it that way then it isn't my fault.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What on earth have you got agains Lichtenstein? I think you're probably confusing it with somewhere else (it's definitely not in eastern europe) but I'm struggling to work out where.

I think I meant Latvia. I've never been to Eastern Europe so my geography of the place is pretty ropey. And Latvia's probably fine anyway.

Why do you say the UK is one of the best places in the World to live ?

Because I genuinely think it is, all things considered. Yes the weather is crap and there are a lot of idiots around, but show me one place in the world where there aren't. There are no serious political instability problems / wars / security issues / earthquakes / volcanoes / dangerous animals etc, there is a big safety net if you fall upon hard times, there is free healthcare, there is less racism and more forward thinking, the economy is generally stronger than most places (yes it's bad now but so is everywhere, and it's still stronger than most of Europe), there are some superb cities, gorgeous countryside, it's relatively safe to walk the streets at night, the best domestic football setup in the world, great restaurants / bars etc and some fantastic beaches. It also has, in my opinion, the best city in the world.

So all things considered, I think it's pretty good. Name me somewhere better.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Love it here. Love travelling but home for me is where the heart is. Ale, cricket, queues, football, Question Time, tubes, sunday roast in pubs, country walks, seaside, sarcasm, literature, summer evening walking along the downs, village greens, London, Travel to Europe and home to my family and friends.

No, Sussex will do me fine as I enter middle age.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think I meant Latvia. I've never been to Eastern Europe so my geography of the place is pretty ropey. And Latvia's probably fine anyway.

Because I genuinely think it is, all things considered. Yes the weather is crap and there are a lot of idiots around, but show me one place in the world where there aren't. There are no serious political instability problems / wars / security issues / earthquakes / volcanoes / dangerous animals etc, there is a big safety net if you fall upon hard times, there is free healthcare, there is less racism and more forward thinking, the economy is generally stronger than most places (yes it's bad now but so is everywhere, and it's still stronger than most of Europe), there are some superb cities, gorgeous countryside, it's relatively safe to walk the streets at night, the best domestic football setup in the world, great restaurants / bars etc and some fantastic beaches. It also has, in my opinion, the best city in the world.

Where do I start ? The weather is obscene - tick, there are more idiots per head than just about anywhere in the world - tick, there is an appalling political set up where no one can even be arsed to vote anymore - tick, no security issues - are you sure - x , big safety net ? what a laugh that is, not it you are male middle aged and no kids I can assure you, you get f*** all, free healthcare, well not really free is it ? tens of thousands of pounds over a lifetime paid in tax towards it, the economy is weaker than most of europe, superb cities, not even in the top 100 in the World, great food and bars, if you can afford that, fantastic beaches, this is a joke surely ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where do I start ? The weather is obscene - tick, there are more idiots per head than just about anywhere in the world - tick, there is an appalling political set up where no one can even be arsed to vote anymore - tick, no security issues - are you sure - x , big safety net ? what a laugh that is, not it you are male middle aged and no kids I can assure you, you get f*** all, free healthcare, well not really free is it ? tens of thousands of pounds over a lifetime paid in tax towards it, the economy is weaker than most of europe, superb cities, not even in the top 100 in the World, great food and bars, if you can afford that, fantastic beaches, this is a joke surely ?

I think you might struggle to find the Country your looking for ......

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

As depressing as that post is with that kick back into reality, I do agree.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

As bigoted and ill informed an opinion as you will ever see. Take a break sir, you seem to be in need of a lie down.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Have you lived anywhere outside the UK?

More idiots per head than just about anywhere in the world? Have you been to America? Have you been anywhere, in fact?
What are these serious security issues then? In comparison to most of the rest of the world.
Cities not even in the top 100 in the world? I'm sorry but that is utter bollocks. London is the best city in Europe, and in my opinion, the world.
Are you starving, US? You seem to be able to afford to spend a lot of your time on the internet, so clearly you have a PC and a phone. So you cant have 'f*** all'.
As for beaches, have you been to Cornwall? Dorset? Wales? Amazing beaches.

If it is that bad, why don't you move somewhere else? And you haven't actually managed to name me somewhere better.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

More idiots per head than just about anywhere in the world? Have you been to America? Have you been anywhere, in fact?
What are these serious security issues then? In comparison to most of the rest of the world.
Cities not even in the top 100 in the world? I'm sorry but that is utter bollocks. London is the best city in Europe, and in my opinion, the world.
Are you starving, US? You seem to be able to afford to spend a lot of your time on the internet, so clearly you have a PC and a phone. So you cant have 'f*** all'.

If it is that bad, why don't you move somewhere else? And you haven't actually managed to name me somewhere better.

I am talking about state benefits that you told me were so wonderful if times got bad.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I take on board some of your points but London the best city in the World ?, that is utter madness, it is not in the top 100.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am talking about state benefits that you told me were so wonderful if times got bad.

I didn't say they were wonderful. But you're not starving, you have a roof over your head and you clearly have a computer and can afford to go and watch Championship football at the weekend, so it cant be that bad. You're not on the streets.

I take on board some of your points but London the best city in the World ?, that is utter madness, it is not in the top 100.

London not in the top 100 cities in the world? That is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said. What are you basing this on? I'm intrigued. And why does half the world want to live there then?

Name me 10 cities that have more going for them than London. I wont ask you to name 99.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I didn't say they were wonderful. But you're not starving, you have a roof over your head and you clearly have a computer and can afford to go and watch Championship football at the weekend, so it cant be that bad. You're not on the streets.

London not in the top 100 cities in the world? That is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said. What are you basing this on? I'm intrigued. And why does half the world want to live there then?

Name me 10 cities that have more going for them than London. I wont ask you to name 99.

I would be on the streets if it were down to the state and my Dad paid my st this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would say pretty much every single major european country capital city is better than london, certainly paris, rome, madrid. Paris in particular knocks London out of the arena.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

well said commander. PLUS we've got better cheeses than the Frenchies Stilton, cheddar etc mmmm:p

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would say pretty much every single major european country capital city is better than london, certainly paris, rome, madrid. Paris in particular knocks London out of the arena.

But still you cant tell me why? London has so much going for it. Fantastic bars and restaurants, incredible history, amazing architecture, fashion, theatre, music, sport, in fact it has just about everything you could ask for in a city. It's the most diverse city on the planet and is at the forefront of everything. I don't see how anyone can deny this.

How many people from all over the world flock to Rome, Paris, Madrid etc to live, compared to London? Nothing like as many. The only city in the world that can rival it is New York, and I haven't spent enough time there to compare them fairly.

If London was in another country, you would think differently about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here