Gettind ejected from the West Stand !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Not saying dont stand up, that should be given all leniancy.

But not sure swearing in front of someones kid is a good idea. It just makes it all personal and makes him try to recover in front of his son by doing something back. I get it, we all swear at the game and players and ref (especially ref) but to another supporter gives them a way to single out the behaviour and act on it.

I stand up and swear all the time. Mainly at the ref lol. Never once had a steward come up and have words... Maybe that's because WSU is THE place to be! Yeaaaa buddy!!

P.s swearing is not big nor clever. I cannot help myself but it's amazingly de-stressing... f***ing REFEREE YOU DICK!!! ABSOLUTE PRICK!!! ARE YOU f***ing BLIND??!!... standard abuse lol.

Are you in P95 by any chance, if so you're also amazingly annoying?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With a comment like that, you need to stop going to football.

You genuinely think a corner is exciting enough that you have to stand! It's hardly a penalty!!! Perhaps if you have to stand for every corner then hopefully you are tucked up with the rest of the 'ultras' in the north stand!!!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I never said I sit for the whole game, far from it, I just don't see that a corner warrants standing up.

Well some like me, think it does. I always try to sit if i notice the person behind me isnt standing when i stand up, but sometimes I'm so into the game that i cant help but stand. Its difficult. I usually say to the person behind me to tell me to sit down if i stand too much and then from then on i never hear a peep. I say it loud enough that others can hear what I said. Look i know grounds are all seater but historically football isnt a sit down sport and in 90% of the football world it is still a sport that allows standing, so people are gonna stand sometimes. Thats it. Accept it with it or kill the atmosphere. Getting thrown out for swearing is harsh, but some are calling sort getting thrown out just for standing. Out of order IMO.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Well some like me, think it does. I always try to sit if i notice the person behind me isnt standing when i stand up, but sometimes I'm so into the game that i cant help but stand. Its difficult. I usually say to the person behind me to tell me to sit down if i stand too much and then from then on i never hear a peep. I say it loud enough that others can hear what I said. Look i know grounds are all seater but historically football isnt a sit down sport and in 90% of the football world it is still a sport that allows standing, so people are gonna stand sometimes. Thats it. Accept it with it or kill the atmosphere. Getting thrown out for swearing is harsh, but some are calling sort getting thrown out just for standing. Out of order IMO.

Totally agree I'm exactly the same, can't help standing sometimes but being right at the front I just use my common sense & try to remember I have people behind me.

D

Deleted member 18477

Are you in P95 by any chance, if so you're also amazingly annoying?

No no that's not me. Although I wouldn't disclose exactly where I sit on an Internet forum even if it was. Nice to know my type of behaviour is annoying though... You'd HATE to sit where I do! Loads of passionate fans... LOVE IT!!!!! ;)!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
:facepalm:

You've just made yourself look a complete tool.

Why, the club have a no standing rule that they are supposed to adhere to otherwise they can get sanctions from the league, presumably if too many people complain. It was made clear that there would be tolerance in the North Stand for those that feel the need to stand for virtually 90 mins. No different to the fact that the East Stand is zero tolerance and the advice that WSU was not suitable for those that struggle with stairs. I'm not aware of any game that has had a poor atmosphere despite the fact that the vast majority only stand when for genuinely exciting moments (as opposed to just when the balls goes out of play and the players are standing around waiting for someone to stroll over to the corner flag)

Totally agree I'm exactly the same, can't help standing sometimes but being right at the front I just use my common sense & try to remember I have people behind me.

Seems you miss the point of the first post. The guys did stand up but, apparently, unlike you, did not exercise common sense and just swore at the guy. No wonder the got chucked out.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
this bloke seems to have the right idea, I mean, if he's complaining every week and people are getting chucked out regularly he must have loads of space around him. Can put his feet up.

No no that's not me. Although I wouldn't disclose exactly where I sit on an Internet forum even if it was. Nice to know my type of behaviour is annoying though... You'd HATE to sit where I do! Loads of passionate fans... LOVE IT!!!!! ;)!!!

Nothing passionate imo about not knowing the rules of, what basically is, a simple game and then shouting the same vulgar ignorance throughout the entire 90 minutes of every game to the "delight" off all within a 10 metre radius, including at least 5 kids.
I've been watching the Albion since 1960 so perhaps you would explain what I've missed on this "passion" thing along the way? 5th May 1979 might be a good starting point; where were you then btw?

DavePage

How long actually, is deemed to be too long to stand up? ! minute maybe 2?
Just thinking, shouldn’t anyone standing for say 5 mins as they slowly make their way out of the stand with 10 mins of the game remaining, (stopping on their way if the crowd noise raises).
Is that not a stronger case of banning, for standing during a game?

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I know but generally so far the stewards have been great but in the last few games there has been a few that have got a bit heavy handed and strict. I think its because we've have a racism slur (although unfounded), and a couple of pitch invasions by a few idiots. So the club are clamping down. Also dickheads like this guy that moans, have the law on their side. I hope it doesnt become happy clappy sit down shut up because then people (me included) will stop going.

I wonder if these fans that are moaning about poeple standing up are the same twats that moan about lack of atmosphere in the Palace game? Just a thought.

Adding on to your points,a lot of people had letters published in the argus a few weeks back about persistant standing in the west and now the fa have asked the club to stamp on it.

Adding on to your points,a lot of people had letters published in the argus a few weeks back about persistant standing in the west and now the fa have asked the club to stamp on it.

I heard it was B&HCC, regarding the safety certificate compliance. Maybe both but another plus towards the extension application?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
to be honest mate thats more or less what the steward told them on the way out !! Same bloke complaining every week .

I dont think its the right thing to do to reveal the said seat number but i am sure many around him know who he is !!

One thing the bloke said to my brother in law was ..... for gods sake sit down , we nearly scored but we didnt so sit down its only a corner and probably wont score so you dont need to stand up to watch a corner !!

Probably find it's the same pratt that felt the need to write the argus about it :angry:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thats half the issue with the passionate fans mixing with no passion that mixes with the new breed of albion fans that are mixing with fans who have returned.

There's going to be issues and this seems to be another case of the club going OTT and just slinging people out.

I get passionate, swear, shout and scream in support of the team, everytime I do the woman and her fella in the row in front look at me like im the lowest form and im sure it wont be too long before im frog marched out.

It appears the club and some fans want no noise, no passion, no standing, no singing and just a load of law abiding zombies who want to sit down and only make noise if we score, the club needs to be careful for what it wishes for.
Spot on. I can't be arsed to read the rest of this thread (and I won't be coming back to it) as I'm sure you'll get slagged off by people asserting that you can 'sit down and still be a passionate supporter'. Ignore them, they're wrong. There is a huge difference between passionate fans like yourself who support the team and people who just want to sit down and watch a football match. Unfortunately we need them as 'turnstile fodder' to fill the seats, even if they don't add anything to the atmosphere. It's a pity we can't stick them all in one stand where they can clap politely to their hearts' content but there you go, we're stuck with them unfortunately.

Oct 17, 2011
Well it wasnt me personally as I'm a north stander .

Anywayz my brother in law, his brother and son got ejected from the West Stand Lower at half time last night and were split up outside the ground by the police and indiviually questioned and then asked to leave.

They were about 3rd row in from the front and stood up when Noone nearly scored and then remained standing for the corner up the far end so they could see (They were down the north stand end of the west stand) . A season ticket holder next to them then starting kicking off saying his 14 year old son couldnt see if they stood up ... Anyway they got a bit heated and unfortunately did swear at the bloke because every time they stood up this bloke constantly kicked off.

They went off for a half time beer , came back to the seats for the second half to be confronted by ten stewards and were promptly ejected from the ground. Even one of the stewards commented that they get loads of complaints from this said person every week. Now from where I sit in the North I have noticed people getting thrown out nearly every week from the same area and to be honest always thought they were away fans. But obviously not.

It was the brother in laws, brothers first ever trip to the Amex and he has followed them for years and years , from Goldstone to Gillingham to Withdean and also alot of away games but due to his line of work cannot commit to a season ticket as cannot get weekends off anymore . After this incident he said he will never come back. I appreciate they shouldnt have sworn at the bloke but when your team arent performing tensions do and can run high and things can easily come out in the heat of the moment . They were not even given the option to move, even when a fair few fans said they could sit next to them if they wanted the stewards just insisted on slinging them out.

£92 down the pan for 45 mins of football and 3 fans that will never return to the Amex and their children too very unlikely to come to the Amex now.

Surely there must be a better way of dealing with these matters ???

Thats poor form.

I was in the Hikers and some fella told me a bloke was banned for LIFE for calling Bellamy a sheepshagger. Unbelievable if true.

I feel for your mates, maybe the fella moaning should try tennis.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
But am I dreaming or going way overboard myself but is this club turning into a, NO STANDING FOR PRE-LONGED PERIODS or your BANNED , NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE or your BANNED, NO ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR or your BANNED, Any complaints recieved YOUR BANNED. Park where you shouldnt and we'll errrr BAN YOU, ANY TROUBLE MAKING = BANNED, Sheep shagger chanting, BANNED!

For crying out loud Albion, what are you trying to create, because to me it seems like a lovely freindly affair where we all get on, sing nice little songs together, share hot lemon tea at half time and shake the opposing fans hands and congratulate them on there victory, what a HORRIBLE thought.

NSC Post of the Year. One million per cent THIS.

The funny thing is, when they get their way and have a souless stadium they'll be back to starting initatives to create atmosphere!

Careful Ken Brown, be very careful.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
NSC Post of the Year. One million per cent THIS.

The funny thing is, when they get their way and have a souless stadium they'll be back to starting initatives to create atmosphere!

Careful Ken Brown, be very careful.

Yep. And then out will come the clackersticks, goal music etc etc. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports