Gettind ejected from the West Stand !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 17, 2011
If you want to relive and enjoy the 'joke' the thread is in the 'the other stuff' section, or you can use this link: Banned for life.. (Update: post #428))

How on earth did people actually believe Sid, when he is clearly swerving the half intelligent questions. lol.

Half of this board need to give there heads a wobble in believing that lol.

I see he is banned from here, I am assuming its for that.

Wind up that took it to the next level. lol. Blimey he caught some fish on that one.

edit: just read the Murray bottle one, he posted that and people STILL believed the BANNED one. haha.

He was clearly a double account for sure.
WOW.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
"Was it this fella? VIDEO: Mankini magic at Brighton and Hove Albion match From The Argus "

Now I saw that fella from my seat in the East - gave us a good laugh for sure.

Last edited:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I was about to contact the Albion regarding the lack of action by Stewards concerning standing so am pleased that they are now doing the job they are paid for,they should concentrate on the first row as soon as they stand then those behind them do likewise.
There are many who want a season ticket so as soon as we lose these unsocial types and replace them with others who can accept that they cannot block the view of aged,short and children the better for all.
Its complete nonsense to suggest that you cant support your team sitting down,not swearing if you are unable to conform there is a place for you in Preston Park.

Oct 17, 2011
I was about to contact the Albion regarding the lack of action by Stewards concerning standing so am pleased that they are now doing the job they are paid for,they should concentrate on the first row as soon as they stand then those behind them do likewise.
There are many who want a season ticket so as soon as we lose these unsocial types and replace them with others who can accept that they cannot block the view of aged,short and children the better for all.
Its complete nonsense to suggest that you cant support your team sitting down,not swearing if you are unable to conform there is a place for you in Preston Park.

f*** off to the tennis you nause. zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jan 30, 2008
The standers are just selfish bullies. They come on here taking the high moral ground, but in this case why shouldn't they sit and let the STH and young son enjoy what they have paid for-a seat and a view. Well done the stewards for upholding the T & C of the tickets.
you been bullied? plenty of people standing where i am, one up all up, no problems :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
you need to take a reality check , seriously.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry have I missed something - I thought standing was not allowed? Are some people saying that stewards are turning a blind eye to it in some locations as allowed by the club? No wonder its a mess then!

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry have I missed something - I thought standing was not allowed? Are some people saying that stewards are turning a blind eye to it in some locations as allowed by the club? No wonder its a mess then!
get enough people up and what are they going to do? , we're no talking about persistant standing but just getting up at the "right time" :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If all in an area doing it happily, I can't see a problem. I'd like to think the club/stewards leave them alone, and concentrate on real problems.

But if any seated fan is pissed off about it, the stewards have to back him. The club & league rules state seated, and also, that individual has paid for a SEATED view.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ffs,half the saps on this thread need to man up!!!
,if people are standing up when something happens,all stand,when they sit,all sit,simples.
No wonder atmospheres at grounds are getting worse.
Roll on brum on sat

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Had all this nonsense at the Emirates, our ground has now become a soulless pisshole full of tarquins, would be really sad if the same thing happens at Falmer, I really do wonder why some people bother leaving their homes to go to a football match if all they want to do is complain, you can poke your sanitized seated ,swearing free,drunk free, sit dahhhhhn ,no nasty songs, football up your moany boring whiny prawn sandwich arses.If you want 90 minutes of peace and quiet with no one standing up during the good bits try the odeon ,alternatively start up a neighbour hood watch scheme and grass people up till your hearts are content.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Adding on to your points,a lot of people had letters published in the argus a few weeks back about persistant standing in the west and now the fa have asked the club to stamp on it.

Why would the Argus do that? I mean, I know they do this sort of thing all the time but why? Its not like its gonna sell more of the crappy local rag? Why have a big page spread with letters from victor meldrew types and a huge photo of Albion fans standing up? Its just drawn attention to something that didnt need it and stunted the atmos a bit. I hate the Argus, wish we had a good local paper.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
had all this nonsense at the emirates, our ground has now become a soulless pisshole full of tarquins, would be really sad if the same thing happens at falmer, i really do wonder why some people bother leaving their homes to go to a football match if all they want to do is complain, you can poke your sanitized seated ,swearing free,drunk free, sit dahhhhhn ,no nasty songs, football up your moany boring whiny prawn sandwich arses.if you want 90 minutes of peace and quiet with no one standing up during the good bits try the odeon ,alternatively start up a neighbour hood watch scheme and grass people up till your hearts are content.

tttttthhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The swearing thing is pathetic, if people don't want their kids to hear that kind of thing then there's a family stand ffs, if you don't have kids and are offended by swearing then maybe you shouldnt go to football matches as it's all part & parcel ..... Simple as that

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The swearing thing is pathetic, if people don't want their kids to hear that kind of thing then there's a family stand ffs, if you don't have kids and are offended by swearing then maybe you shouldnt go to football matches as it's all part & parcel ..... Simple as that

It depends, if the swearing is directed at the ref or players then probably not a problem but if you read the post from the guy who was sitting right behind the incident then the abuse was directed at the guy who had apparently just asked them to sit down. Presumably therefore it was of a threatening nature and if that is the case they deserved to go. Seems this thread has developed into the 'I've paid my money and I will do what the f*** I like and I don't give a shit about anyone else'. There are several on here who admit they check to see if they are affecting anyone else so credit to them. Nobody is saying never stand up just consider others. There are plenty of 'mature' fans who couldn't handle the stairs of WSU, couldn't afford the luxury of 1901 and therefore plumped for the WSL. They can't jump up as quickly as others and maybe can't stand for long periods. Don't forget, one day we may all be in that position and you may get pissed of with the fact that after 60 years of following the club you can no longer enjoy because people in front don't give a shit. Having said that, and taking into account the posts of some on here, nothing will change their mind that they can do what they like when they like.

Oct 17, 2011

The swearing I used to love as kid, me Dad would say on the way home "dont tell your mother what you heard today" I wouldnt tell her anything, she obviosuly knew, but somehow it kinda bonded me and my Dad for eternity our little secrets from the football.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Sorry, but people just have to learn to behave themselves. This is all part of the retraining in getting people to learn simple good manners and not be so selfish.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I feel a bit left out of all this. I'm such a short-arse that nobody knows if I'm standing.

Seriously, though, in WSU we are up and down like yo-yo's, but the main thing is that we don't stand all the time, and it's great where I am. Makes for a terrific atmosphere.
The one thing that really pisses me off is one fat guy sitting just a few seats along from us who is constantly going out to the bar/toilets, leaving early, getting in late, and everyone has to stand up to let him get through.

I don't think he ever sees more that 60 minutes of the game!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
It depends, if the swearing is directed at the ref or players then probably not a problem but if you read the post from the guy who was sitting right behind the incident then the abuse was directed at the guy who had apparently just asked them to sit down. Presumably therefore it was of a threatening nature and if that is the case they deserved to go. Seems this thread has developed into the 'I've paid my money and I will do what the f*** I like and I don't give a shit about anyone else'. There are several on here who admit they check to see if they are affecting anyone else so credit to them. Nobody is saying never stand up just consider others. There are plenty of 'mature' fans who couldn't handle the stairs of WSU, couldn't afford the luxury of 1901 and therefore plumped for the WSL. They can't jump up as quickly as others and maybe can't stand for long periods. Don't forget, one day we may all be in that position and you may get pissed of with the fact that after 60 years of following the club you can no longer enjoy because people in front don't give a shit. Having said that, and taking into account the posts of some on here, nothing will change their mind that they can do what they like when they like.

Yeah totally agree & as i stated in a previous post, I am always mindful of the people siting behind me & would have no problem with anybody asking me to sit down if I kep blocking their view

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
The swearing I used to love as kid, me Dad would say on the way home "dont tell your mother what you heard today" I wouldnt tell her anything, she obviosuly knew, but somehow it kinda bonded me and my Dad for eternity our little secrets from the football.

Yeah my kids hear me swear (not that it's big or clever) & I will not hide them away from adults swearing at football as I feel they are used to it & therefore are not shocked by it or see it as a big deal, they know they are not allowed to do it & to their credit they never do.
I think If you make a big deal of it & hide them from it they become intrigued by it.... That works for us anyway & my kids are very polite & respectful, I have 5 & not 1 of them swear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports