Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gettind ejected from the West Stand !!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You need to realise that for the last 20 odd years these people have been complaining when their missus walks in front of the telly. All they doing is using the same philosophy at the game.
I really surprised that they didn't ask for a cuppa as you were standing up!
Modern day footy at a live game is becoming a drudge. I'm old fashioned. I do not mind the dodgy toilets, iffy food and the wind and the rain. The argy bargy on the terracing, lots of vocals at the opposition that is all about the spirit of the game.
A lot of fans, and that includes a lot on this site have been brought up on computer footy, and think that going to a game should be like being at home! Soon, those of us that remember how it was will be gone and those that don't like it will be left with plastic, soulless stadiums where you can have a decent game of bridge at half time with your opponents.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
You need to realise that for the last 20 odd years these people have been complaining when their missus walks in front of the telly. All they doing is using the same philosophy at the game.
Modern day footy at a live game is becoming a drudge. I'm old fashioned. I do not mind the dodgy toilets, iffy food and the wind and the rain. The argy bargy on the terracing, lots of vocals at the opposition that is all about the spirit of the game.
A lot of fans, and that includes a lot on this site have been brought up on computer footy, and think that going to a game should be like being at home! Soon, those of us that remember how it was will be gone and those that don't like it will be left with plastic, soulless stadiums where you can have a decent game of bridge at half time with your opponents.

You're dangerously close to getting it absolutely spot on. The only difference is those proper fans won't disappear, they will go to grounds that are still like the days of old (i.e. Lewes/AFC, etc).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can see both sides of this argument.

While I agree about standing and all the rest (in the North I haven't actually sat in my seat yet, and don't plan to) it was made clear that the North would be more tolerant than the other stands.

If you're sitting next to an old boy who can't get up and a young kid it's probably in everyone's interest not to get too rowdy. Boring for people who want to get behind the team, but that's life.

It does seem OTT for the stewards to kick them out with no warning, there has to be a level of mediation in these situations otherwise the fans v stewards atmosphere that occured at Withdean will happen all over again. On that point, I listened to the Albion ROAR episode with Hebbard on it. It's interesting to hear his frosty reaction when Al gave even the slightest hint that mabye the stewards weren't very friendly at Withdean, seems like a strange character indeed.

D

Deleted member 18477

Nothing passionate imo about not knowing the rules of, what basically is, a simple game and then shouting the same vulgar ignorance throughout the entire 90 minutes of every game to the "delight" off all within a 10 metre radius, including at least 5 kids.
I've been watching the Albion since 1960 so perhaps you would explain what I've missed on this "passion" thing along the way? 5th May 1979 might be a good starting point; where were you then btw?

not knowing the rules? LOL! did i say you've missed a 'passion' thing? or say you were not passionate? don't twist the words.

i just highlighted that i and others who sit around me are passionate. don't take things personally. everyone creates their own atmosphere (you hate ours, thats fair enough you're quite entitled to an opinion) which is great because it contributes to one big loud NOISE!!! and thats the ultimate goal of the FANS!

p.s. The kids are going to hear swearing in life no matter what. It is a parents duty to disipline them and teach them right from wrong, not hide them from the real world. i personally don't think swearing is that big a deal. sticks and stones and all that... the club DID say the EAST STAND IS THE NO SWEARING ZONE... meaning the club know and can't stop people from doing it. sorry about that!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn't it just the use of common sense by people and stewards

PS its far from zero tolerance in the east...and sorry if this makes me a creep but i hav spoken to a couple of stewards that regulate my area

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This is becoming a worrying trend. For the first few games i thought the stewards were excellent, really low key and relaxed just like they should be. Consequently, the atmosphere was superb (and the team responded... we used to win games back then). For example, at the blackpool game a couple of there fans jumped over the wall when celebrating their last minute goal and were just gently ushered back into the stand. No aggression, just common sense.

Really really sad to start hearing these nazi steward stories.

The East Stand is the so called 'zero tolerance' stand so why can't the club move the moaners across to there - at let the rest of us get on with supporting the team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't understand the logic of people with kids who didn't want to sit in the family stand, and then expect 14000 other fans not to swear.

There's a difference between letting your kid hear someone swear, and letting your kid hear someone swear at you.

I was in the Hikers and some fella told me a bloke was banned for LIFE for calling Bellamy a sheepshagger. Unbelievable if true.

It's complete and utter nonsense. It was a thread on here a couple of weeks back by Southern Sid, trying to convince everyone he had been banned for life. There were so many holes in his story that it was quite surprising that so many people fell for it, and it was disconcerting how many people were quick to believe something so ridiculous of the club. The club contacted Bozza to let him know that no one had been banned for racist chanting at the liverpool game.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
glad they don't kick us out for calling the ref and kevin nolan a wanker or the entire north would be gone!!!!!!

with five minutes left...........................it pretty well was

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
There's a difference between letting your kid hear someone swear, and letting your kid hear someone swear at you.

It's complete and utter nonsense. It was a thread on here a couple of weeks back by Southern Sid, trying to convince everyone he had been banned for life. There were so many holes in his story that it was quite surprising that so many people fell for it, and it was disconcerting how many people were quick to believe something so ridiculous of the club. The club contacted Bozza to let him know that no one had been banned for racist chanting at the liverpool game.

true, true.

I guess what I said is more of a problem in the north stand.

Oct 17, 2011

Bloody Hell, the club actually contacted NSC over it.

Blimey.

Sep 1, 2011

Long live Southern sid for everyone interested I heard he is fighting a battle on a cricket forum, really into his cricket now is sid

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Well it wasnt me personally as I'm a north stander .

Anywayz my brother in law, his brother and son got ejected from the West Stand Lower at half time last night and were split up outside the ground by the police and indiviually questioned and then asked to leave.

They were about 3rd row in from the front and stood up when Noone nearly scored and then remained standing for the corner up the far end so they could see (They were down the north stand end of the west stand) . A season ticket holder next to them then starting kicking off saying his 14 year old son couldnt see if they stood up ... Anyway they got a bit heated and unfortunately did swear at the bloke because every time they stood up this bloke constantly kicked off.

They went off for a half time beer , came back to the seats for the second half to be confronted by ten stewards and were promptly ejected from the ground. Even one of the stewards commented that they get loads of complaints from this said person every week. Now from where I sit in the North I have noticed people getting thrown out nearly every week from the same area and to be honest always thought they were away fans. But obviously not.

It was the brother in laws, brothers first ever trip to the Amex and he has followed them for years and years , from Goldstone to Gillingham to Withdean and also alot of away games but due to his line of work cannot commit to a season ticket as cannot get weekends off anymore . After this incident he said he will never come back. I appreciate they shouldnt have sworn at the bloke but when your team arent performing tensions do and can run high and things can easily come out in the heat of the moment . They were not even given the option to move, even when a fair few fans said they could sit next to them if they wanted the stewards just insisted on slinging them out.

£92 down the pan for 45 mins of football and 3 fans that will never return to the Amex and their children too very unlikely to come to the Amex now.

Surely there must be a better way of dealing with these matters ???

I was sat the row in front of this incident and thought it a bit harsh for being thrown out but to be fair the person involved did only say could they sit down which they came back with a volley of abuse. Have to say view is not the greatest down that end of the ground looking towards the south stand but people do have to respect others and you are in a seated area.

Another fan also got thrown out with about ten minutes to go for standing as well in the same area.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Horrible thought, but I agree.

This shows with the pre-match music, the club do need to be careful though as they will have a silent crowd

I'm in the North and stand at varying times through the game but throw a quick glance to check what the situation is behind - if they are standing I continue to stand, if not I sit.

Oct 17, 2011

Nail on head for me.

Cracking post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here