Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gettind ejected from the West Stand !!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I was in the West lower last night (normally West Upper STH) and I have to say I was really disappointed by the experience. It seemed to me that an entire swathe of fans stood up, not just when the Albion reached an attacking position, but when they got the ball even in our own penalty area.

Added to that, a guy in front stood up and went out (presumable for a p---) at least four times in the course of the second half alone thus interfering with the enjoyment of many.

I do seriously hope that the club will live up to it's promises re standing etc., BUT, the biggest problem as described on NSC, is that policies are not applied universally across the stadium or indeed even within one particular stand. Where are the Stand Managers ?

These are some of the things which may cause some not to renew STs.

You must be on a wind up?!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i was watching sky sports the evening and as they reported from other grounds u cud see supporters actually getting out of there seats during the game...this sort of thing should be stamped on :)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I cant believe some of the responses on here!?
Some of you really think its justified to throw someone out for standing at a corner? I hope none of you are sitting behind me at my next Amex visit. I believe the family got thrown out for swearing at the guy. So thats another matter. But some of you think its justified to throw out supporters for standing. Even the match program conceeds that it allows standing at exciting moments of the game. I believe a corner is one of them. Get off ya high horses. If ya wanna sit down and watch a jolly good game of sport I suggest you go and visit the county ground or go to Hickstead and watch the horses.

If poeple complain about bollocks like this then the atmos will die! Its already starting to happen.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I was in the West lower last night (normally West Upper STH) and I have to say I was really disappointed by the experience. It seemed to me that an entire swathe of fans stood up, not just when the Albion reached an attacking position, but when they got the ball even in our own penalty area.

Added to that, a guy in front stood up and went out (presumable for a p---) at least four times in the course of the second half alone thus interfering with the enjoyment of many.

I do seriously hope that the club will live up to it's promises re standing etc., BUT, the biggest problem as described on NSC, is that policies are not applied universally across the stadium or indeed even within one particular stand. Where are the Stand Managers ?

These are some of the things which may cause some not to renew STs.

BTW, I could not easily stand up as currently requiring a stick !

Your post is funny. top marks! Good wind up.

D

Deleted member 18477

I stand up and swear all the time. Mainly at the ref lol. Never once had a steward come up and have words... Maybe that's because WSU is THE place to be! Yeaaaa buddy!!

P.s swearing is not big nor clever. I cannot help myself but it's amazingly de-stressing... f***ing REFEREE YOU DICK!!! ABSOLUTE PRICK!!! ARE YOU f***ing BLIND??!!... standard abuse lol.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Why do they need a warning...Rules are no standing...I'd get pissed off as well,there is nothing worse than paying to watch a match then the bloke in front persist in standing on chants...Northside/Westside,Stand up if you hate Palace,corners....the only standing should be when Albion actually score. I must add that I'm not the bloke who moans about it...in fact nobody can now stand in front of me,but I can understand why people do complain,they pay their money to watch a football game not to look at someones backside...having lit the blue touch paper...stand back......

Agree entirely

The trouble is that the stewards, or most, are stood at the access points watching the game and not watching what they are supposed to be watching !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thats half the issue with the passionate fans mixing with no passion that mixes with the new breed of albion fans that are mixing with fans who have returned.

There's going to be issues and this seems to be another case of the club going OTT and just slinging people out.

I get passionate, swear, shout and scream in support of the team, everytime I do the woman and her fella in the row in front look at me like im the lowest form and im sure it wont be too long before im frog marched out.

It appears the club and some fans want no noise, no passion, no standing, no singing and just a load of law abiding zombies who want to sit down and only make noise if we score, the club needs to be careful for what it wishes for.

Grow up. Of coure you don't have to stand up to sing or be passionate. Maybe the guy in WSL is just fed up of people standing in front of him blocking his view.

I cant believe some of the responses on here!?
Some of you really think its justified to throw someone out for standing at a corner? I hope none of you are sitting behind me at my next Amex visit. I believe the family got thrown out for swearing at the guy. So thats another matter. But some of you think its justified to throw out supporters for standing. Even the match program conceeds that it allows standing at exciting moments of the game. I believe a corner is one of them. Get off ya high horses. If ya wanna sit down and watch a jolly good game of sport I suggest you go and visit the county ground or go to Hickstead and watch the horses.

If poeple complain about bollocks like this then the atmos will die! Its already starting to happen.

A corner is exciting! You need to get a life.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Grow up. Of coure you don't have to stand up to sing or be passionate. Maybe the guy in WSL is just fed up of people standing in front of him blocking his view.

A corner is exciting! You need to get a life.

Haha grow up, why dont you get a little seat belt in your seat so your strapped in nice and tight.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Expect loads more to be kicked out throughout the season. Brighton has a strict no tolerance policy and plenty more people to snap up tickets.

This club wants to be a family friendly experience with none of the rowdy nonsense of the past.

Football changed in the time we were without a proper home and it's a whole new happy clappy entertainment business not an escape from life release your stress day out with the lads. If you want that go to a nightclub

D

Deleted member 18477

Expect loads more to be kicked out throughout the season. Brighton has a strict no tolerance policy and plenty more people to snap up tickets.

This club wants to be a family friendly experience with none of the rowdy nonsense of the past.

Football changed in the time we were without a proper home and it's a whole new happy clappy entertainment business not an escape from life release your stress day out with the lads. If you want that go to a nightclub

Well look forward to the AMEX being a library like the emirates then. Oh wow that would be fun!...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

hmm..i wudnt say strict where i sit in the 'respect' stand East

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Lets hope sense prevails and your scenario isnt the case.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Horrible thought, but I agree.

This shows with the pre-match music, the club do need to be careful though as they will have a silent crowd

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Lets hope sense prevails and your scenario isnt the case.

Hey it's not my scenario- its just what football is becoming and our club is all for it. It's got nothing to do with safety it's got everything to do with control. When you sit in a seat you are easy to recognise and your gestures and actions are easily recorded.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Hey it's not my scenario- its just what football is becoming and our club is all for it. It's got nothing to do with safety it's got everything to do with control. When you sit in a seat you are easy to recognise and your gestures and actions are easily recorded.

I know but generally so far the stewards have been great but in the last few games there has been a few that have got a bit heavy handed and strict. I think its because we've have a racism slur (although unfounded), and a couple of pitch invasions by a few idiots. So the club are clamping down. Also dickheads like this guy that moans, have the law on their side. I hope it doesnt become happy clappy sit down shut up because then people (me included) will stop going.

I wonder if these fans that are moaning about poeple standing up are the same twats that moan about lack of atmosphere in the Palace game? Just a thought.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
But am I dreaming or going way overboard myself but is this club turning into a, NO STANDING FOR PRE-LONGED PERIODS or your BANNED , NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE or your BANNED, NO ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR or your BANNED, Any complaints recieved YOUR BANNED. Park where you shouldnt and we'll errrr BAN YOU, ANY TROUBLE MAKING = BANNED, Sheep shagger chanting, BANNED!

For crying out loud Albion, what are you trying to create, because to me it seems like a lovely freindly affair where we all get on, sing nice little songs together, share hot lemon tea at half time and shake the opposing fans hands and congratulate them on there victory, what a HORRIBLE thought.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know but generally so far the stewards have been great but in the last few games there has been a few that have got a bit heavy handed and strict. I think its because we've have a racism slur (although unfounded), and a couple of pitch invasions by a few idiots. So the club are clamping down. Also dickheads like this guy that moans, have the law on their side. I hope it doesnt become happy clappy sit down shut up because then people (me included) will stop going.

I wonder if these fans that are moaning about poeple standing up are the same twats that moan about lack of atmosphere in the Palace game? Just a thought.

Someone I know almost had a ruck with someone who said he was kicking his seat - he got warned by the stewards even though the bloke who accused him was coked up and had no proof that anything had happened. The steward said coz he was standing he would have to ask him to leave if the bloke made another complaint. The fact that the bloke and his mates seemed to be picking fights all around him didn't seem to matter.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Someone I know almost had a ruck with someone who said he was kicking his seat - he got warned by the stewards even though the bloke who accused him was coked up and had no proof that anything had happened. The steward said coz he was standing he would have to ask him to leave if the bloke made another complaint. The fact that the bloke and his mates seemed to be picking fights all around him didn't seem to matter.

Maybe the way to sort this is to turn the tables. When somone is being unreasonable and constantly going on about sitting down or a scenario like you described, complain about them first. Tell the stewards this guy is harrasing you and ruining your enjoyment of the game, say that they swore at you. Get them thrown out. It seems you don't need any proof so just turn the table on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here