Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - many sold?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I strongly doubt Burnley away is on anyone’s bucket list. But as the vaccine is demonstrating it’s effectiveness and things are slowly easing off, a chance to watch the team you support away from home after so long has a certain allure. Living life as a hermit for the last 15 months is no life at all.

This…think plenty will be making a more of an effort than usual to get there. Not been a lot else to do for 18 months or more, any opportunity to get out, go to football, attend and event or make a weekend of it will appeal to many.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’m sure a lot more would’ve have gone if it wasn’t for the NHS app stuff.

I wonder how many other grounds are using this system.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Reckon there’ll be about 6,500-7,000 there today.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I’m sure a lot more would’ve have gone if it wasn’t for the NHS app stuff.

I wonder how many other grounds are using this system.

I haven't been double jabbed yet (for reasons that have nothing to do with anti vaxx etc.) but I've had to do an lft test. Although it's uncomfortable, it hasn't been a major task. :shrug: I can understand that it's a complete nightmare for those that haven't got id, I was one such person myself until a couple of years ago. I can't drive & there seemed little point in renewing my passport as I wasn't going anywhere. I wouldn't have renewed it to go to football but I may have got a cheaper alternative if I had known about it. I can also understand the phone problem as I've had to use the 'top gear standby car' phone for a few months as mine met a fateful demise. But that part can be sorted out with supporter services I'm led to believe. As it stands I've done an lft today and will be doing so for Everton & Leicester, as I'm getting in as many games as I can before Oct. It's not been that much of a faff and hopefully I'll be able to get my jabs soon. I don't think 'that many' are being put off by the NHS app stuff as most people have had their jabs!
Edit to add..... no I can't be arsed to find sources to back up my claims, it is purely conjecture! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. A trip to Burnley in a pandemic must be top of most rational people's bucket list.

It was certainly top of my 'ah f**k it, 2 jabs Stat is going, driving and has no intention of snogging a northern' list.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I strongly doubt Burnley away is on anyone’s bucket list. But as the vaccine is demonstrating it’s effectiveness and things are slowly easing off, a chance to watch the team you support away from home after so long has a certain allure. Living life as a hermit for the last 15 months is no life at all.

Some people have made plenty of money hiding behind the sofa for the last 18 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I haven't been double jabbed yet (for reasons that have nothing to do with anti vaxx etc.) but I've had to do an lft test. Although it's uncomfortable, it hasn't been a major task. :shrug: I can understand that it's a complete nightmare for those that haven't got id, I was one such person myself until a couple of years ago. I can't drive & there seemed little point in renewing my passport as I wasn't going anywhere. I wouldn't have renewed it to go to football but I may have got a cheaper alternative if I had known about it. I can also understand the phone problem as I've had to use the 'top gear standby car' phone for a few months as mine met a fateful demise. But that part can be sorted out with supporter services I'm led to believe. As it stands I've done an lft today and will be doing so for Everton & Leicester, as I'm getting in as many games as I can before Oct. It's not been that much of a faff and hopefully I'll be able to get my jabs soon. I don't think 'that many' are being put off by the NHS app stuff as most people have had their jabs!
Edit to add..... no I can't be arsed to find sources to back up my claims, it is purely conjecture! :)

I have a friend who is double jabbed and will not be going anymore because he refuses to use a passport/test to get into a ground, I’ve spoken to quite a few who feel the same, I certainly wouldn’t use one. Strange if we are the only (of one of the only clubs to be using them) as I think it will stop a few thousand going over the course of the season, so that’s going to hurt the club money wise, can’t see many sell outs this season, although this isn’t the only reason why.

Said friend also had the same problem of not having an up to date ID and phone, he got the ID sorted in the end all for the club to then say he needed a vaccine passport. He then asked for refund, but the club said no. He’s become totally disillusioned by the whole thing and won’t be coming again.

What should be a case of pretty much ‘getting back to normal’ like almost every other club, Brighton & Hove Albion are using a system that is anything but normal and alienating some fans whilst doing it. I despair.

Enjoy the game.

Seagulls1974

Banned
Jul 15, 2021
It’s not that difficult to do the 2 things asked !! Just an excuse by people who can’t be bothered. If we were playing Real Madrid I think the excuses would fade away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a friend who is double jabbed and will not be going anymore because he refuses to use a passport/test to get into a ground, I’ve spoken to quite a few who feel the same, I certainly wouldn’t use one. Strange if we are the only (of one of the only clubs to be using them) as I think it will stop a few thousand going over the course of the season, so that’s going to hurt the club money wise, can’t see many sell outs this season, although this isn’t the only reason why.

Said friend also had the same problem of not having an up to date ID and phone, he got the ID sorted in the end all for the club to then say he needed a vaccine passport. He then asked for refund, but the club said no. He’s become totally disillusioned by the whole thing and won’t be coming again.

What should be a case of pretty much ‘getting back to normal’ like almost every other club, Brighton & Hove Albion are using a system that is anything but normal and alienating some fans whilst doing it. I despair.

Enjoy the game.
You are ignoring that every other club along with us, will be using the Covid pass once we reach October. It's not difficult to grasp that, it's been clearly explained but you are determined to continually moan about it. Why not give yourself a break? We all know your feelings on the matter, stop boring everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here