Gerrard...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
...was utter SHIT tonight, but it won't be mentioned anywhere.
If Lampard had played as poorly as him he would be tortured.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
I have to agree. He seems to be the darling of the English public, but he has been just as disappointing as Lampard in an England shirt, possibly for a longer period. Lampard has been crucified, while Gerrard's average performances have often been another stick with which to beat Lampard! But in the last two games again he's done very little to fulfil the hype. Barry has been superb, and to be honest I would partner him with Hargreaves, two players who have shown they can perform, and throw down the gauntlet to Gerrard and Lampard to up their game for the national team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Considering he was playing with a pain killing injection (which looked as though it had only partially worked) he didn't do too badly.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
he did not have a pain killing injection.. FOOL

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Perhaps, by way of a departure, we could all consider getting behind an England or indeed Brighton team and not criticise individuals?

No, thought not.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
he did not have a pain killing injection.. FOOL

Thanks for that. The last thing I read was that he needed one. I hadn't heard that he hadn't.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
Perhaps, by way of a departure, we could all consider getting behind an England or indeed Brighton team and not criticise individuals?

No, thought not.

I'm just saying that Gerrard is treated like he is every fans son, and shall not be told he was poor.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What the f*** are you lot on ?
He rarely wasted a pass, was hugle competative in the middle of the park, charged forward at every opportunity, was always involvered, and overall did bloody well. OK he didn't mark it with a 30 yard piledriver, but he MORE than played his part.

I honestly think I must be watching a different sport sometimes.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
He rarely wasted a pass, was hugle competative in the middle of the park, charged forward at every opportunity, was always involvered, and overall did bloody well. OK he didn't mark it with a 30 yard piledriver, but he MORE than played his part.

I agree, although I have to say Barry was the more dominant player in terms of possession and yards covered - Gerrard still did a good job. There is a nice balance in the middle now. No more tinkering please!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Spot on. It's down to expectation I guess. I thought he had a relatively quiet game tonight, but only by his own incredibly high standards.

How long have you been watching football?

Gerrard and Barry was/is the combination the England team has been looking for and for you to say he was shit says more about your knowledge of the game than it does about his performance.

Did you actually watch the game?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

word

the guy RAN the midfield

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall

well said easy sometimes think some people on here dont think a midfielder has a good game unless he is spraying 30 yard balls all over the pitch

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought Gerrard and Barry were both excellent. Barry more eye-catchingly so, but Gerrard was superb in a supporting role. Best midfield performance by England for years.

Col P

Feb 13, 2006

spot on best england midfield we have had in a long time

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Stevie Gerrard always looks like he is in pain, just like Dowie has a confused expression on his face, it is just how things are...however if he did play through the pain barrier then he should be applauded for it, putting his country before himself!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Difficult to disagree with that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports