Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard...

If Hargreaves had played like Gerrard did last night, loads of you would be waxing effusive about what brilliance, best player on the pitch, etc. I think I would too, as he did play very well. But for those who bemoan his performance - you actually don't know what you are talking about.
Opinion is one thing, but saying he wasn't great - is just plain wrong.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Whats the whole thing with either liking Gerrard or Lampard. Both are world class midfielders, we should be celebrating this fact, not bemoaning it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
What the f*** are you lot on ?
He rarely wasted a pass, was hugle competative in the middle of the park, charged forward at every opportunity, was always involvered, and overall did bloody well. OK he didn't mark it with a 30 yard piledriver, but he MORE than played his part.

I honestly think I must be watching a different sport sometimes.

100% agree and correct.I thought both Gerrard and Barry were great.What the f*** is wrong with people.We won 3-0 and all the team played well:rant:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Cannot honestly believe this thread was started without jest. Gerrard played a strong role in an excellent win against very tricky opposition esp their defence and MIDFIELD. Gerrard and Barry simply ran the game...remember the commentator remarking on how Russia coud barely touch the ball at one stage in the first half.

We've had plenty of team / individual performances to moan at over the last few years watchin' England, Weds night was NOT one of those! I sometimes despair. And it's the same with the whingers at Withdean. We're not the only club with this disease but we certainly are amongst those that have a bad bout of it. This negative, miserable, ignorant crap really depresses me sometimes.

I suppose there are some who after 90mins in Munich whinged about us having gone behind before annihilating the Germans in 2001.

Calling a shrewd shot against the flow of opinion is presumably the intention of this topic here. Well the shot misses the mark like a Richard Tiltman shot, I'm afraid! Criticism should only be fired when justified imho. :angry::angry::angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said Mr Haddock.
Gerrard had a terrific game, helped dominate midfield, made some probing forays and barely put a foot wrong. OK he scuffed a couple of shots, but if that is the sum total of the prosecutions evidence for him playing like shit, then I call for the case to be dismissed. Jury finds in favour of the defence.

No further questions.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Well said Mr Haddock.
Gerrard had a terrific game, helped dominate midfield, made some probing forays and barely put a foot wrong. OK he scuffed a couple of shots, but if that is the sum total of the prosecutions evidence for him playing like shit, then I call for the case to be dismissed. Jury finds in favour of the defence.

No further questions.

Question?

why does he run like a wally then?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I thenk you.

I have no further questions.

Well yes, yes I do as a matter of fact..how is it possible for Joe Cole to wear his shorts so high and run like a plum?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I agree, although I have to say Barry was the more dominant player in terms of possession and yards covered - Gerrard still did a good job. There is a nice balance in the middle now. No more tinkering please!!

Well said, Pablo. Agree 100%.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Gerrard is capable of moments of brilliance, but over the course of a game these too easily blind people like Easy 10 to the fact that he gives the ball away more often than a ten year old in the playground. In football at every level possession is everything, and Gerrard squanders it more often than not. On Wednesday, Barry didn't misplace a pass until the last 5 minutes, whereas Gerrard did so in the first 5, and regularly after that. Next time you watch hin play, just count up the number of times he gives the ball away.

The fact is, for every blinding Cup Final winning goal there's a blind back pass against France that costs us a game. Drop him, and do it now!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whats the whole thing with either liking Gerrard or Lampard. Both are world class midfielders, we should be celebrating this fact, not bemoaning it.

Gerrard is a red and Lampard is a blue. Both colours have contributed to the downfall of lower league football and in turn, Brighton and Hove Albion. Both players should be flogged.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gerrard is capable of moments of brilliance, but over the course of a game these too easily blind people like Easy 10 to the fact that he gives the ball away more often than a ten year old in the playground. In football at every level possession is everything, and Gerrard squanders it more often than not. On Wednesday, Barry didn't misplace a pass until the last 5 minutes, whereas Gerrard did so in the first 5, and regularly after that. Next time you watch hin play, just count up the number of times he gives the ball away.

The fact is, for every blinding Cup Final winning goal there's a blind back pass against France that costs us a game. Drop him, and do it now!

Spoken like a true Man Utd. fan

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i fail to see your point. drop Gerrard for who? Lampard with his shoot on sight game? solid defence with Hargreaves or Carrick prehaps. Beckam always want to play inside, also Joe Cole. maybe give Jenas a run. or maybe we should stick with the player recently voted 6th best player in the world (Gerrard for those at the back).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here