Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Germany warns Uefa may quit Fifa if World Cup report not published"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sue for what?

In any case, what difference would that make? FIFA suing UEFA wouldn't have any bearing on Germany etc... leaving FIFA. In fact, it may do further good in terms of dragging UEFA down with FIFA and Platini down with Blatter.

It's not a case of Germany leaving Fifa, they are proposing that Uefa leave Fifa which would obviously mean us as well. They don't seem to be proposing some sort of unilateral action. If Uefa went it alone then Platini would, as it stands, be in charge of the breakaway group.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is there somewhere on the German FA website that I can give this idea a thumbs up? Could it all come tumbling down for Mr. B and his cronies, we can hope and dream!

There's nothing on the German FA site and I've just had a look on Das Bild (Germany's top-selling paper) and the main football story there is Lothar Mathhaus getting married for the fifth time - no mention of UEFA quitting FIFA. You'd think that would be a big story

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Platini would like Blatter's job. Frankly, if Uefa leaves, then the other major football powers (mainly South American) will have to follow and form a new worldwide football body, which Platini would head. You couldn't have a World Cup without Germany, Holland, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, England.

Blatter's power base is in Africa and the Far East, so they might remain loyal to a rump Fifa organisation for a while until the new body invited them into their organisation.

The difficulty might be Russia being threatened by Fifa with losing the 2018 World Cup if Uefa leaves. But if Uefa says that Russia can host its first major finals, with Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Chile invited as guest nations, then I think Putin and co would come round.

Sorry, but Platani shouldn't be anywhere near any new organisation, he's nearly as bad as Blatter

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Interesting indeed. Will we see the usual FIFA rebuttal or are the cracks finally beginning to show. Personally I'd like to see a few more senior figures in world football come out and say something similar before I'll believe that change might be possible

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because without a change of rules and constitution it couldnt happen as FIFA are the governing body of football, the one that EUFA, the FA and every other FA like FAW and every team has to be affiliated to via their FA or as per Sunday morning teams via their County Association.
Nonsense! FIFA rules only cover members of FIFA- if anybody leaves FIFA they are no longer bound by its rules. FIFA might rant and rave, and label all other football matches a 'unofficial', but they could do sweet FA to stop anybody kicking football in an eleven aside context.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
i could see this might have legs. Whitewashing the report was the last straw and a terrible misjudgement.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i could see this might have legs. Whitewashing the report was the last straw and a terrible misjudgement.

Not so much a misjudgement, more a desperate attempt to keep the embarrassing details out of the press

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You might be right, but there's too much at stake for this to go simply go away. That Qatar World Cup messes up everyone's domestic league competitions, Champions League, the fans don't want it, so there's little to lose by challenging FIFA. I can see the Qatar competition not happening, it should have gone to Australia in the first place.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
"The president of the German Football League has warned that Uefa’s 54 member nations could take the ultimate step of quitting Fifa if Michael Garcia’s report into World Cup bidding is not published in full.

Dr Reinhard Rauball laid bare the tensions within Fifa over the split between the ethics committee judge, Hans-Joachim Eckert, and Garcia, the US attorney who heads the investigatory arm and spent 18 months probing the race for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Garcia has disowned Eckert’s summary of his 430-page report, which effectively cleared Russia and Qatar.

“The result was a breakdown in communication, and it has shaken the foundations of Fifa in a way I’ve never experienced before,” said Rauball.

“As a solution, two things must happen. Not only must the decision of the ethics committee be published, but Mr Garcia’s bill of indictment too, so it becomes clear what the charges were and how they were judged,” he told the German website kicker.de.

“Additionally, the areas that were not evaluated [in the report] and whether that was justified [should be published]. It must be made public. That is the only way Fifa can deal with the complete loss of credibility.

He said that if the report was not published in full – and Eckert has already said that he will not do that, while Fifa argues it cannot intervene – then Uefa should consider its own position within Fifa. “If this doesn’t happen and the crisis is not resolved in a credible manner, you have to entertain the question of whether you are still in good hands with Fifa,” Rauball added. “One option that would have to bear serious consideration is certainly that Uefa leaves Fifa.”

Time for England to follow?

Hard to believe that no one cares about the construction workers out there, where seven are being killed every week due to poor working conditions and no H & S

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nice! :clap2:

Will carry more weight not coming from England, but from the winners of this year's tournament, no false accusations of sour grapes. Top work Germany! :clap2:

Agreed. We have been cast as the bad guy with too many complaints in the past. I would love to see Fifa collapse and a new organisation take over. It is rotten to the core.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FIFA is highly dependent upon its sponsors for revenue. Those sponsors are globally known brands. If fans really cared about the stink, they would organise a boycott of those brands until full and thorough disclosures of this tawdry set of events is made.

That would include boycotting the likes of adidas, Coca-Cola, Emirates, Sony, Visa, Hyundai/Kia as their global partners.

Alternatively boycott FIFA on the Playstation/Xbox, and organise publicity to that effect.

boycottfifa.com is available as a domain name!

Money talks, and sponsors are in it for the money.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Ultimately there is no credibility in being associated with an organisation so obviously corrupt. I can't think of another example where it would be tolerated in the developed world. If you look at FIFA as at today how could any right minded body not seek a radical change.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
If fans really cared about the stink, they would organise a boycott of those brands until full and thorough disclosures of this tawdry set of events is made

Spot on. Us fans have the ultimate power. No support for FIFA games and change would swiftly come. I discussed just this with colleagues at work on Friday. I wouldn't feel comfortable watching a FIFA World Cup with the organisation in its present form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Spot on. Us fans have the ultimate power. No support for FIFA games and change would swiftly come. I discussed just this with colleagues at work on Friday. I wouldn't feel comfortable watching a FIFA World Cup with the organisation in its present form.

Fifa have been like it for years but still people watched the World cup in Brazil. The way of the world is that those fans that are vociferous about issues and would boycott things are easily replaced by those that aren't bothered. Player wages is a typical subject frequently debated but how many of those that moan about it continue to subscribe to Sky?

Hopefully the threat of the breakaway of Uefa will, a the very least, be enough to get Garcia's report published in full and then the repercussions of that will need to be dealt with. Ideally, a breakaway could be the catalyst for a new world organisation.

Time will tell.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have to agree. I suspect there have already been many 'off the record' conversations between the various association heads. Probably even before Thursday's farcical events.
I pray your right.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FIFA is highly dependent upon its sponsors for revenue. Those sponsors are globally known brands. If fans really cared about the stink, they would organise a boycott of those brands until full and thorough disclosures of this tawdry set of events is made.

That would include boycotting the likes of adidas, Coca-Cola, Emirates, Sony, Visa, Hyundai/Kia as their global partners.

Alternatively boycott FIFA on the Playstation/Xbox, and organise publicity to that effect.

boycottfifa.com is available as a domain name!

Money talks, and sponsors are in it for the money.

I'm pretty sure I read or heard recently that Emirates and Sony are ending their sponsorship with FIFA.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agreed. We have been cast as the bad guy with too many complaints in the past. I would love to see Fifa collapse and a new organisation take over. It is rotten to the core.
It would go a long way to restoring our reputation too. Of course there was an element of sour grapes when the 2018 World Cup was 'awarded' to Russia and incredulity of Qatar being given the next one but it is gradually looking like our moaning was justified. Two corrupt bids winning when 2 world cups were awarded at the same time for the first (?) time-last payday for Blatter and co. maybe?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Darts went onto bigger and better things when they started the PDC, if UEFA broke away it would be the end of FIFA
But UEFA is no better than FIFA
#platwati

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here