Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Germany warns Uefa may quit Fifa if World Cup report not published"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It would be a real shame if he just happened to ACCIDENTALLY leave a copy on a train or in a taxi.

If you want to pay the fuel, I'll go and pick him up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Garcia should leak a copy of the report to the press now he has resigned. Blatter must be stopped before this is all white washed.

Yoda

English & European
Fifa president Sepp Blatter said: "I am surprised by Mr Garcia's decision."

Then WTF did he expect then? The guy to continue working for an organisation he knows is corrupt?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fifa president Sepp Blatter said: "I am surprised by Mr Garcia's decision."

Then WTF did he expect then? The guy to continue working for an organisation he knows is corrupt?

That also tried to start legal proceedings against him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Good on them. Hope it happens. To be honest England should be leading the way.

I think it carries more weight that it is NOT us for once. There is a danger that complaints from England is just becoming too predictable, and garners minimal interest.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I presume Germany can't speak for the whole of UEFA. The English FA should already be having secret meetings with Germany to try and get this done.

Absolutely, I think the big FA's in Europe...i.e Germany, England, Spain, Italy, Holland, France should all be talking together and come out as one and say UEFA must leave FIFA....or we will leave UEFA.

If UEFA left FIFA it would be the beginning of the end for the whole rotten edifice and Blatter's corrupt regime. It is UEFA that is the big player in FIFA, it has all the best players, all the established domestic leagues, it has the Champions League too, which is (financially) bigger than the World Cup itself and even (excluding England) the best international teams (apart from Brazil and Argentina). Any World Cup without UEFA would be like the BDO darts championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely, I think the big FA's in Europe...i.e Germany, England, Spain, Italy, Holland, France should all be talking together and come out as one and say UEFA must leave FIFA....or we will leave UEFA.

If UEFA left FIFA it would be the beginning of the end for the whole rotten edifice and Blatter's corrupt regime.
But is UEFA any better than FIFA? Platini voted for Qatar, his son works for a Qatari company, which also bought Paris St Germain for a fortune.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody has mentioned the WC is due to be held in Russia in 3 1/2 years time and their economy has just collapsed with Western sanctions and the low oil price beginning to bite. Who is going to want to book their hotel a year in advance and pay upfront when the chance of the place being torched for the insurance a couple of weeks before the tournament starting is almost nailed on?

In fact, who is going to want to fly over Ukrainian airspace and risk being shot down?

Omnishambles.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
But is UEFA any better than FIFA? Platini voted for Qatar, his son works for a Qatari company, which also bought Paris St Germain for a fortune.

I did not mention Platini at all....Platini is just one man within UEFA. The FA's of the European giants are far bigger than one individual (even Sepp Blatter, although he probably doesn't think so).

I concur though with what you say, Platini as far as I am aware is the ONLY member of the 24 panel to have come out and said he voted for Qatar (Qatar only needed to "secure" 13 votes to win).....Blatter actually didn't vote for Qatar, he voted for the USA, however it is Blatter whom has created the environment that is now the corrupt cess pit that is FIFA. Platini is no European saviour on a white horse, he has got his nose in the trough as much as the next man.

The domestic European FA's should say they want UEFA to leave FIFA unless there are major changes, starting with Blatter's immediate resignation, or they will leave UEFA/FIFA and set up their own European/World "federation" (a bit like what happened when the top clubs resigned/left the football league to form the Premiership 20+ years ago) and leaving the door open to any other domestic FA to join them.

Then lets see how Platini and Blatter act, with the German, English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch etc all outside of FIFA (and or UEFA).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I did not mention Platini at all
I wasn't suggesting you did, I mentioned him because I worry UEFA is no better.

Blatter actually didn't vote for Qatar, he voted for the USA, however it is Blatter whom has created the environment that is now the corrupt cess pit that is FIFA.
I agree. But it's who, not whom ;)

The domestic European FA's should say they want UEFA to leave FIFA unless there are major changes, starting with Blatter's immediate resignation, or they will leave UEFA/FIFA and set up their own European/World "federation"
Actually I don't agree there at all. I think FIFA is way, way beyond fixing. I don't think we should ask for changes at all, I think leaving is the only sensible option.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BREAKING NEWS:

Fifa's executive committee has voted unanimously for the full publication of Michael Garcia's report into World Cup corruption, according to sources close to world football's governing body.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here