Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Germany warns Uefa may quit Fifa if World Cup report not published"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You say that like it would be a bad thing.

Good on Dr Raubell, and let's hope that the words will be backed up by actions if push comes to shove.

Not a bad thing but serious consideration must be given as all financial agreements like sponsorship and TV etc are tied into FIFA. Can they be broken?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Finally...Blatters blood is in the water and the sharks are circling. Good for Germany. Reigning champions have a much bigger wallop than England. It was looking like we were on our own again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not a bad thing but serious consideration must be given as all financial agreements like sponsorship and TV etc are tied into FIFA. Can they be broken?

What sponsorships and TV deals are you talking about?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because without a change of rules and constitution it couldnt happen as FIFA are the governing body of football, the one that EUFA, the FA and every other FA like FAW and every team has to be affiliated to via their FA or as per Sunday morning teams via their County Association.

That is hardly going to be a stumbling block. Uefa only need to get the main leagues on side and the clubs will follow. All that needs to happen is a slight change to the rules, emailed out and signed copies faxed back. Not much else needs to change other than jurisdiction. The laws of the game remain unchanged. Players can then chose whether to stay playing with lucrative contracts in Europe or earn a pittance elsewhere.

Fifa would collapse because it needs the European countries to have credibility in any global tournament. No credibility then no major sponsors and therefore no funds.

I presume Germany can't speak for the whole of UEFA. The English FA should already be having secret meetings with Germany to try and get this done.

I don't think Dr Rauball would have made this statement without being aware of the position of others within UEFA.

Have to agree. I suspect there have already been many 'off the record' conversations between the various association heads. Probably even before Thursday's farcical events.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do FIFA have deals for World Cup etc tied up with TV companies all over the world, I would assume so. They are a commercial organisation and as such have to be funded. If I am wrong I will accept that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Think you are over complicating things. Fifa might be mentioned in sponsorship deals but I can't see how Uefa pulling out will materially change the product the sponsors are paying for.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do FIFA have deals for World Cup etc tied up with TV companies all over the world, I would assume so. They are a commercial organisation and as such have to be funded. If I am wrong I will accept that.

I don't understand what difference that makes to the possibility of the UEFA teams leaving FIFA?

It would simply mean that they wouldn't play in the FIFA World Cup or any other FIFA competitions. :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And those TV companies would either get out or pay less for the rights to a world cup without Uefa. There will likely be clauses in those contracts which will allow either side to get out. If not, there will be some interesting court cases and, if it transpired Fifa were/are corrupt then they won't have a leg to stand on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've been saying for years that the big counties should pull out of FIFA.

Would be immense if that happened. It's totally corrupt and needs despatching into the history books.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And those TV companies would either get out or pay less for the rights to a world cup without Uefa. There will likely be clauses in those contracts which will allow either side to get out. If not, there will be some interesting court cases and, if it transpired Fifa were/are corrupt then they won't have a leg to stand on.

Would they want a World Cup without EUFA so could they sue and possibly break EUFA.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would they want a World Cup without EUFA so could they sue and possibly break EUFA.

Sue for what?

In any case, what difference would that make? FIFA suing UEFA wouldn't have any bearing on Germany etc... leaving FIFA. In fact, it may do further good in terms of dragging UEFA down with FIFA and Platini down with Blatter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Given that national associations choose to enter the World Cup, how can they be sued if they choose not to enter?

If it goes to court then FIFA could be asked to disclose the full report by UEFA's counsel?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I would be eternally grateful to the German FA if they started the house of cards collapse. To see
Sepp Twatter's empire crumble.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I can foresee many legal complications with such a move and believe it is just a fore runner for a German nomination to oppose Blatter.

No legal Problems WHATSOEVER. Countries resign from FIFA as in Europe and launch under a new name 'European Independant FA' ? As long as you give the required notice to quit a league as set down in the rules your covered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here