Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Best RIP

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
El Presidente said:
You are a total cockjuggling shithead. My old man was an alcoholic and he did have a slow painful death due to cancer.

f*** off
as for you sunshine read the post,its about best not your dad,so try not to draw attention by bringing up someone else eh,as for the name calling you and watford o are scarey

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the slow painful death thing is well over the top, but its a bit difficult to feel sorry for someone who has done the things Best has. Sure he was an amazing football but thats no reason to be upset because the old soak abused his new liver by having one lager top to many.

E

enigma

empire said:
tosser you are so scarey,perhaps the liver that he has disgracefelly abused cant speak out but i can,and will,how do you think the family of that donor feel,eh tosser.as for being a alcoholic ,it can be controlled just like millions of others out their,yes its a disease but you can make that choice,he chose to abuse it and i have no sympathy for the sap.now mr tough guy please dont be so upset:angry:

fassy.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
how would you feel if you were the familys donor? this site is for opinions,thats mine end off,but your see its was about best no other person but we get the righteous nsc (probably the same lot that whinge and moan when its not good on the pitch,then quickly change their tune when its good 2 games later),bringing their members into the thread,very tragic that it is,its not about the person the thread was on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"but very few other people who have been as stupid."

Depends if you view alcholism as an illness or stupidity I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I said, depends if you view alcholism as an illness or stupidity.

P.S. It has gone 18:00, maybe you should check your tense.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Tubthumper said:

P.S. It has gone 18:00, maybe you should check your tense.

Not only that, the original post referred to 18:00 YESTERDAY! This is a crass and idiotic thread which really should have been deleted by now - it's in extremely poor taste.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
empire said:
as for you sunshine read the post,its about best not your dad,so try not to draw attention by bringing up someone else eh,as for the name calling you and watford o are scarey

OK, to wish anyone who has not committed a crime a slow and painful death is way out of line. I did meet Best once on a train in Manchester and he seemed a nice guy, not big headed, not a billy Bigbollocks, signed an autograph, smiled for the camera.

Perhaps Best tried to conquer his alcohilism and failed, perhaps he was not strong enough to cope with the fame and adulation that came his way. You know very little about the bloke apart from what you read in the papers. To form an opinion on that basis is moronic.

He has a son who is visiting him in the hospital every day and watching him slowly slip away. Instead of hiding behind your keyboard thinking you are a smart arse why not pop around to Callum Best and say "Oi mate, never met your dad, but I hope he dies a slow and painful death".

As for the family that donated the liver, they have no idea who it is donated to so it's a spurious argument. Best was allowed to live for a few more years because of their generosity and no doubt he is as grateful as he is remorseful that he was unable to conquer his addiction.

None of this, in my opinion, which appears to be in the vast majority of posters here, stops me from thinking that you are a spiteful and unpleasant individual who gets pleasure out of the suffering of others.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and you are?someone thats knows f*** all about me or best,i comment i how i feel,i dont follow sheep as judging by a lot of your posts you do,find some balls man.and looking at a lot of other threads quote,sorry i dont follow what others say,i speak as i find:wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
empire said:
and you are?someone thats knows f*** all about me or best,i comment i how i feel,i dont follow sheep as judging by a lot of your posts you do,find some balls man.and looking at a lot of other threads quote,sorry i dont follow what others say,i speak as i find:wave:

I hope you spoken English is better than the appalling grammar that you use:wave:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
totally agree El P. The sad thing is that few people outside of his close family and friends really wanted him to beat the drink. What makes a better story, "Best drunk again" or "Best continues to avoid drink"?

I met him once at a charity do when his son was very young. I found him very ordinary and polite, he didn't demand shedloads of appearance money, signed hundreds of autographs and when someone tried to shove 20 quid in his pocket "for the pleasure your football has given me" Best handed it to the organiser and said "put it in the charity". I was one of the few people that saw this.

Who are we to judge? I feel very sorry for those people who are wishing him anything but a full recovery - perhaps they never saw him play.

Do those same people wish the same on all alcoholics? What if it was their brother or son?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Funny isn't it ? The 'experts' on here like Empire seem to have a good insight about alcoholism, pity his views are pure bollox. How do I know ? Figure it out. Oh, I don't drink, anymore ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here