Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

generation snowflake

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fine example of premature bedwetting from yesterdays BBC news .

No sure if it would be appropriate to call this person a snowflake though .

[yt]XVFU7oYonZE[/YT]

Oh dear,I do feel sorry for her.The politest thing I've seen on the 'net recently called her J'Abbott the Hutt :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Rather usefully, your missus has posted plenty of images up online, in case I need a reminder.

Coo,took you a long time to think that one up.Did you have to go and hide in your 'safe place' cos someone was horrid to you:flounce::cry:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Coo,took you a long time to think that one up.Did you have to go and hide in your 'safe place' cos someone was horrid to you:flounce::cry:

No, I just don't spend the whole day sat at my PC, or the whole time I am at my PC looking at NSC.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, I just don't spend the whole day sat at my PC, or the whole time I am at my PC looking at NSC.

Give up mate he ruined you with that post , and you took too long to.post a reply that was weak to say the least , it was the equivalent of a boxing KO , nobody could've come back effectively from it :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Generation Snowflake is nothing compared to generation Remoaner..

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Outside of the pages of the Daily Mail, has anyone ever actually witnessed such a thing? We used to hear a lot about these sports days - normally in some angry article about a left-wing local authority, like Lambeth or somewhere, but its basically bullshit, isn't it? A couple of isolated incidents, in schools led by misguided individuals - then extrapolated by foaming at the mouth crappy editorials, into a national malaise, that never existed.

Happened at my kids' Primary in Surrey. Lots of orchestrated flag waving, no
competition, lots of perplexed parents. I'm thinking that school wasn't the only one....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fine example of premature bedwetting from yesterdays BBC news .

No sure if it would be appropriate to call this person a snowflake though .

[yt]XVFU7oYonZE[/YT]

Not-very-funny joke aside you have a point (and you have no idea how much it galls me siding with Trump over Labour). Trump was "legitimised" by being democratically elected and it's not our job as Brits to try and undo that. And any member of the current Labour front bench citing Anti-Semitism needs to be careful.

That said the stuff about not letting in Muslims was Islamophobic and the stuff about Mexicans being rapists was racist. He's rowed back on both though, and it won't be the last rowing back he does.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Outside of the pages of the Daily Mail, has anyone ever actually witnessed such a thing? We used to hear a lot about these sports days - normally in some angry article about a left-wing local authority, like Lambeth or somewhere, but its basically bullshit, isn't it? A couple of isolated incidents, in schools led by misguided individuals - then extrapolated by foaming at the mouth crappy editorials, into a national malaise, that never existed.

Yes, when I was a governor of an East Sussex Primary School during the 1990s, I saw it on many ocassions, no winners, only competitors, bland exercise regimes that resulted in no exercise at all and an excuse for the female led (at my school as far as I was aware) teaching staff to do little in terms of planning and games. All sports clubs were run by parents as after school activities, no its not Daily Mail bullshit it is real, you need to check your sources before making such assumptions.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
It's just a lazy term picking up on the actions of a minority and applying it as a generalisation.

Similar to the idea that everyone on the left is an appeaser or a bit wet and that everyone on the right is some kind of rabid bigot.

I dont agree at all, I am in my 30s, life growing up was not exactly hard, but it was not easy in the early 90s (when looking back now I understand given interest rates etc) but I look at the early twenty somethings or late teens joining work, in sports clubs or just generally pubs etc and there is a surreal sense of entitlement which I dont understand at all yet I am not even a full generation apart from them. I know the job market is tough at the moment for youngsters but I do not understand things like going to Uni, just because you are entitled to, and also buying a house - whilst the deposit is difficult I had no family help and had to work hard and save up for it. Things dont come easy and I worry that those just a little younger than me think they do.

On the competitive sports thing I hear about this no losers thing all the time from colleagues and older friends, I get maybe at say 4/5 when teaching a kid how to kick a ball you may want them to learn but I remember running races in primary school on sports day and you wanted to win. Kids need competition and to learn to win and lose

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Give up mate he ruined you with that post , and you took too long to.post a reply that was weak to say the least , it was the equivalent of a boxing KO , nobody could've come back effectively from it :thumbsup:

Yeah, flat on my back by being called a virgin, God help me if he makes a "your mum" comment.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I dont agree at all, I am in my 30s, life growing up was not exactly hard, but it was not easy in the early 90s (when looking back now I understand given interest rates etc) but I look at the early twenty somethings or late teens joining work, in sports clubs or just generally pubs etc and there is a surreal sense of entitlement which I dont understand at all yet I am not even a full generation apart from them. I know the job market is tough at the moment for youngsters but I do not understand things like going to Uni, just because you are entitled to, and also buying a house - whilst the deposit is difficult I had no family help and had to work hard and save up for it. Things dont come easy and I worry that those just a little younger than me think they do.

On the competitive sports thing I hear about this no losers thing all the time from colleagues and older friends, I get maybe at say 4/5 when teaching a kid how to kick a ball you may want them to learn but I remember running races in primary school on sports day and you wanted to win. Kids need competition and to learn to win and lose

Are you a hard right wing gentleman?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I'd say the majority of the young people i know are motivated and work hard. Their views on things like buying a house are more a case of realism, in that it's unlikely to happen in the near future and so they're just up for enjoying life as much as possible.

The non competitive sports days? It's a bit of a red herring, because kids who want to race or compete still get the chance to participate in competitive sports (if the school has the facilities) anyway.

I think I also mentioned that the school my kids attended introduce competitive sports around 9ish, which isn't that dissimilar from what you're saying.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not-very-funny joke aside you have a point (and you have no idea how much it galls me siding with Trump over Labour). Trump was "legitimised" by being democratically elected and it's not our job as Brits to try and undo that. And any member of the current Labour front bench citing Anti-Semitism needs to be careful.

That said the stuff about not letting in Muslims was Islamophobic and the stuff about Mexicans being rapists was racist. He's rowed back on both though, and it won't be the last rowing back he does.

This is how the likes of the snowflakes have dumbed down words(and society) and invented new meanings for them that don't even match the dictionary meaning.

Mexican isn't a race, thus it can't be racist.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is how the likes of the snowflakes have dumbed down words(and society) and invented new meanings for them that don't even match the dictionary meaning.

Says who? Mexicans aren't sure: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-hispanic-a-matter-of-race-ethnicity-or-both/

The dictionary definition is this by the way: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

But let's assume you're correct for a second - Trump is, instead, guilty of prejudice https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prejudice definition

That's not a good thing........and he's still rowing back......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Says who? Mexicans aren't sure: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-hispanic-a-matter-of-race-ethnicity-or-both/

The dictionary definition is this by the way: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

But let's assume you're correct for a second - Trump is, instead, guilty of prejudice https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=prejudice definition

That's not a good thing........and he's still rowing back......

I am correct for 24 hours in a day.

It's a nationality. Same as English, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian.

Prejudice is a lot different to racism though. NSC is full of prejudices that nobody equates to racism nor the hysteria people have over Trumps words.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

ppfft. This is how the likes of yourself use words to deflect from what is really being said. Focusing on semantic minutiae when at the end of the day, he's just being plain offensive.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

If you want to get picky, black is not a race, it is a colour, Asian is not a race, it is a continent.

We are all one race, Homo sapiens sapiens. Except that the only pure Homo sapiens sapiens on the planet are in Africa, Europeans are part Neanderthal, Asians are part Neanderthal and part other extinct humanoids. The story is still unfolding as DNA databases expand and are examined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here