Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Demonstrating the inaccuracy of your post with a perfectly timed example from someone else isn't exactly "ducking out" is it?

Do you not read newspapers? Do you not read Twitter? Do you not read NSC? There's plenty of left wing insults, and far far worse, flying around.

None, no. Barely, no. A fair bit.

I stand by what I say and you are one of the worst exponents of it.

Enjoy living in your ivory tower of superiority. It sure must be cosy up there.

larus

You could not have timed your post any better

Your problem is that you can't see the difference between the constant stream of snide posts on here slating anyone who votes Tory and an opinion formed by reading numerous posts by Ernest which prove to me that he does not have the ability make a reasoned judgement on politics. Everything he says is purely along the lines of "I hate Tories" and "I love Labour". I won't even mention his 'form' on saying the Project Corbyn has failed. Hence my accusation of idiocy. I hope that is simple enough for you to comprehend :lol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I disagree massively.

The outspoken left get very personal about those who have the temerity to vote Conservative.

I just don't see the same happening on the other side. Over the past few weeks, I've not seen a single post within my Facebook feed from a Conservative voter targeting those who may vote Labour. Not one. In contrast I have seen tens and tens of posts calling Conservative voters nasty, evil, stupid and selfish.

Both sides go after the personalities leading the other party, obviously, but only one side gets nasty about the voters of the other side. And that's why that side sits quietly biding their time until they are in the ballot box.
I'll tell you why, the side that keeps quite knows the other side is right.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
None, no. Barely, no. A fair bit.

I stand by what I say and you are one of the worst exponents of it.

Enjoy living in your ivory tower of superiority. It sure must be cosy up there.

And I stand by what I say. Let's leave it here.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't got any Theresa May to sell. Good luck to all those who do.

I'm voting Labour because Simon Kirby.

I wonder how many people actually vote on who there local candidate is rather than party/leader...personally i am looking closer this year at the local candidates because i don't care for any of the leaders

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Under whose watch were zero hour contracts brought in

n the United Kingdom, under the National Minimum Wage Act 1998, workers operating under a zero-hour contract on stand-by time, on-call time, and downtime must be paid the national minimum wage for hours worked. Prior to the introduction of the Working Time Regulations 1998 and the National Minimum Wage Regulations 1999 zero-hour contracts were sometimes used to "clock-off" staff during quiet periods while retaining them on site so they could be returned to paid work should the need arise.

Labour MPs accused of hypocrisy over use of zero-hours contracts
Almost 70 sitting Labour MPs have been accused of using zero-hours contracts to pay their staff, according to reports

Oh and the really good one.....

Labour have failed to meet their 20 year promise to ban zero hours contracts.

In a party conference speech in Brighton in 1995, Tony Blair said that if elected Labour would bring, "and end to zero hours contracts."

He said:

"A Labour government will be part of the European Social Chapter. Part-time employees will no longer be treated as second class citizens. There will be an end to zero-hours contracts."

Looking to retain your trophy as NSCs highest copy and paster.

It is always better to give links to the orginial article incase people want to read it in full rather than the edited pasted copy.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's great that the pollsters have got their acts together after so many recent election miscalls:

swtpms.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's great that the pollsters have got their acts together after so many recent election miscalls:

swtpms.jpg

Panelbase's poll is out of date because the fieldwork was carried out 19-23 May (wasn't released at the time due to Manchester incident). Further, they have just changed their methodology, without which the lead would have narrowed by 6 points. They have indicated their next poll will show further tightening. Still, there is wide differences between different pollsters, largely due to their different methodologies.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I disagree massively.
In contrast I have seen tens and tens of posts calling Conservative voters nasty, evil, stupid and selfish.

Both sides go after the personalities leading the other party, obviously, but only one side gets nasty about the voters of the other side. And that's why that side sits quietly biding their time until they are in the ballot box.

I've been trying to get my head around what makes Tory voters vote the way they do and I've been having a real tough time doing so. I can totally see why the left gets more animated in vilifying the right than vice versa. You just have to look at some of the Tory MPs voting records to see why.....

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham/votes

How can this shit puffin of an MP get this many votes?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Worthing_and_Shoreham_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

It ****ing DEFIES BELIEF that people could vote in such numbers for a man who (based on the things he votes for in Parliament) could very well be qualify for the tag of being "evil".

Are there any left side MPs with such an appalling record in Parliament? Please post them up if there are.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Still, there is wide differences between different pollsters, largely due to their different methodologies.

Ain't that the truth. Admittedly, it's for the Torygraph (and sadly behind a paywall) but there's an excellent article arguing that YouGov have still not got their methodology right. I agree (although I would say that) and fully expect a comfortable Tory majority of between 40 and 70.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are there any left side MPs with such an appalling record in Parliament? Please post them up if there are.

You could always pull up Corbyn's record for voting on anti-terrorism legislation. To his credit, he's consistent. Not a single bill backed since 1983. He's even bragged about it: "I’ve been involved in opposing anti-terror legislation ever since I first went into Parliament in 1983" were the words used. There's a fair few voters who get a bit upset about left-wing MPs who do things like that. Some...not me..might also call that evil.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've been trying to get my head around what makes Tory voters vote the way they do and I've been having a real tough time doing so. I can totally see why the left gets more animated in vilifying the right than vice versa. You just have to look at some of the Tory MPs voting records to see why.....

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham/votes

How can this shit puffin of an MP get this many votes?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Worthing_and_Shoreham_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

It ****ing DEFIES BELIEF that people could vote in such numbers for a man who (based on the things he votes for in Parliament) could very well be qualify for the tag of being "evil".

I'm perplexed by your post. He voted for things in which he believed but with which you disagree. That does not make him evil.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I wonder how many people actually vote on who there local candidate is rather than party/leader...personally i am looking closer this year at the local candidates because i don't care for any of the leaders

IKR I'm voting for Lloyd Russell-Moyle even though the shadow cabinet looks a bit shonky in places (Diane Abbott?).

#KirbyOut

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I'm perplexed by your post. He voted for things in which he believed but with which you disagree. That does not make him evil.

If you're in favour of war, discrimination, needless slaughter of animals, denying support to those which need it most, raping the environment for monetary gain and all those numerous other wankish things he stands for I'd say that makes you on the "evil" side of the spectrum. If you have a particular problem with that word we can just stick with "nasty", "stupid" and "selfish" if you like.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If you're in favour of war, discrimination, needless slaughter of animals, denying support to those which need it most, raping the environment for monetary gain and all those numerous other wankish things he stands for I'd say that makes you on the "evil" side of the spectrum. If you have a particular problem with that word we can just stick with "nasty", "stupid" and "selfish" if you like.

Or we can just say that you (and I) disagree with him on most issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here