Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The same could be said of right-of-centre people too; there's been more than a few insults coming from that direction too.

I disagree massively.

The outspoken left get very personal about those who have the temerity to vote Conservative.

I just don't see the same happening on the other side. Over the past few weeks, I've not seen a single post within my Facebook feed from a Conservative voter targeting those who may vote Labour. Not one. In contrast I have seen tens and tens of posts calling Conservative voters nasty, evil, stupid and selfish.

Both sides go after the personalities leading the other party, obviously, but only one side gets nasty about the voters of the other side. And that's why that side sits quietly biding their time until they are in the ballot box.

larus

You call [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] an idiot then complain about "pathetic name calling" Exactly which leg were you standing on when you posted this?

He's an idiot because he and his ilk (like you) can never admit that the Tories have implemented anything good for this country. But, as per usual, you choose to ignore the majority of my post and try to be a smart-arse. Note - I said try to be, but, as per Isla, with no success. Probably as much success as your predictions.

Please enlighten us with your predictions again, as that will surely bring a warm glow to the centrists on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks, that means the bookies are backing May, right?

May is still a hot favourite, certainly, but weakening rapidly.

If you were someone who followed the trend, you'd be backing Corbyn or laying May right now, even if you were only doing so to trade out of that position later.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But, strangely funnier.

eddie hitler.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I disagree massively.

The outspoken left get very personal about those who have the temerity to vote Conservative.

I just don't see the same happening on the other side. Over the past few weeks, I've not seen a single post within my Facebook feed from a Conservative voter targeting those who may vote Labour. Not one. In contrast I have seen tens and tens of posts calling Conservative voters nasty, evil, stupid and selfish.

Both sides go after the personalities leading both parties, obviously, but only one side gets nasty about the voters of the other side. And that's why that side sits quietly biding their time until they are in the ballot box.

Small potatoes to the personal abuse if you support UKIP........ :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I disagree massively.

Both sides go after the personalities leading the other party, obviously, but only one side gets nasty about the voters of the other side. And that's why that side sits quietly biding their time until they are in the ballot box.

I've obviously got a more balanced set of friends then :-D

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I disagree massively.

I couldn't agree more.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He's an idiot because he and his ilk (like you) can never admit that the Tories have implemented anything good for this country. But, as per usual, you choose to ignore the majority of my post and try to be a smart-arse. Note - I said try to be, but, as per Isla, with no success. Probably as much success as your predictions.

Please enlighten us with your predictions again, as that will surely bring a warm glow to the centrists on here.

I disagree massively.

you were saying :facepalm:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

If you were someone who followed the trend, you'd be backing Corbyn or laying May right now, even if you were only doing so to trade out of that position later.

Again I need a translation. In laymans' terms. I'm not a gamblin' man.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Not sure how many of the people stuck in minimum wage jobs or on zero hours contracts or facing cuts in their DLA or even the hundreds of thousands of people capped with a 1% annual rise will have the cash to " Lay May " at this point in time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I disagree massively.

You could not have timed your post any better

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Again I need a translation. In laymans' terms. I'm not a gamblin' man.

You could sell some Theresa May to the market today for £1 a unit and might be able to buy it all back in a few days for 80p per unit, making yourself a nice profit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was he on tonights panel? and what party was Winston in?

Your point seemed to be that because JC was brought up in a 7 bedroom house he is what ? Please list other politicians ancestral homes and circumstances for balance.

Oh, and he was in any party that would have him.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You could sell some Theresa May to the market today for £1 a unit and might be able to buy it all back in a few days for 80p per unit, making yourself a nice profit.

I haven't got any Theresa May to sell. Good luck to all those who do.

I'm voting Labour because Simon Kirby.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not sure how many of the people stuck in minimum wage jobs or on zero hours contracts or facing cuts in their DLA or even the hundreds of thousands of people capped with a 1% annual rise will have the cash to " Lay May " at this point in time.

Under whose watch were zero hour contracts brought in

n the United Kingdom, under the National Minimum Wage Act 1998, workers operating under a zero-hour contract on stand-by time, on-call time, and downtime must be paid the national minimum wage for hours worked. Prior to the introduction of the Working Time Regulations 1998 and the National Minimum Wage Regulations 1999 zero-hour contracts were sometimes used to "clock-off" staff during quiet periods while retaining them on site so they could be returned to paid work should the need arise.

Labour MPs accused of hypocrisy over use of zero-hours contracts
Almost 70 sitting Labour MPs have been accused of using zero-hours contracts to pay their staff, according to reports

Oh and the really good one.....

Labour have failed to meet their 20 year promise to ban zero hours contracts.

In a party conference speech in Brighton in 1995, Tony Blair said that if elected Labour would bring, "and end to zero hours contracts."

He said:

"A Labour government will be part of the European Social Chapter. Part-time employees will no longer be treated as second class citizens. There will be an end to zero-hours contracts."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As usual you duck out when the going gets tough and then come creeping back with yet another smart arse comment. Pathetic.

Demonstrating the inaccuracy of your post with a perfectly timed example from someone else isn't exactly "ducking out" is it? I noticed someone picked up on this as well.

Do you not read newspapers? Do you not read Twitter? Do you not read NSC? There's plenty of left wing insults, and far far worse, flying around. To claim otherwise, seemingly based on reading your Facebook for 5 minutes a day, is absurd.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I was talking to my 18 year old nephew tonight on everyday stuff, got on to the politics subject and really amazed me with his knowledge of what is going on, with the run up to the GE.
He will be voting Labour, does not trust TM and all she stands for.
I'm proud that he has his mind set on something, rather than the usual youth of today not giving a toss :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here