Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
That's your view of what the left is. Others have a very different view of what it entails these days.

Well no it's not my "view". It's a fact. That's the choice I have to make in this election. I can vote for the Tory MP with the voting record I posted earlier...Or I can vote for one of the other candidates. The Labour candidate is new so doesn't have a voting record. However she is a transgender photographer for Bournemouth FC who on her election material espouses most of the views of Corbyn who, based on his voting record, does NOT vote for war, discrimination, nuclear proliferation, destroying the environment and withdrawing support for the needy.

It's quite a simple choice for me really.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well no it's not my "view". It's a fact. That's the choice I have to make in this election. I can vote for the Tory MP with the voting record I posted earlier...Or I can vote for one of the other candidates. The Labour candidate is new so doesn't have a voting record. However she is a transgender photographer for Bournemouth FC who on her election material espouses most of the views of Corbyn who, based on his voting record, does NOT vote for war, discrimination, nuclear proliferation, destroying the environment and withdrawing support for the needy.

It's not a fact when there's so much out there that refutes your "fact".

You made no comment on the man in the street with a simple sign being harassed and abused by left wing supporters.

You say the left is anti-discrimination and pro-tolerance yet there they are in the open for all to see espousing intolerant views and acting like violent bullies.

Here's your darling left acting out their non-violent tolerant ways. Even has an apologist lefty blaming others for being in a public space.

The thing with the left and the right, they love to look away and be utter hypocrites when it suits them all.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It's not a fact when there's so much out there that refutes your "fact".

You made no comment on the man in the street with a simple sign being harassed and abused by left wing supporters.

You say there left is anti-discrimination and pro-tolerance yet there they are in the open for all to see espousing intolerant views and acting like violent bullies.

Here's your darling left acting out their non-violent tolerant ways. Even has an apologist lefty blaming others for being in a public space.

I agree that's disgraceful behaviour, but those people don't appear to be MPs. I was talking about the simple choice I have when it comes to casting my vote. And I'm pretty sure that most of the left leaning MPs would deplore those people's behaviour as well.

To put it simply. Those nutters aren't running for parliament are they?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree that's disgraceful behaviour, but those people don't appear to be MPs. I was talking about the simple choice I have when it comes to casting my vote. And I'm pretty sure that most of the left leaning MPs would deplore those people's behaviour as well.

To put it simply. Those nutters aren't running for parliament are they?

They are the people who vote for the MP's...

You don't think politicians reflect the views of the people they vote for? Isn't that why certain people get voted into certain areas around the nations and others do not?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
They are the people who vote for the MP's...

You don't think politicians reflect the views of the people they vote for? Isn't that why certain people get voted into certain areas around the nations and others do not?

So you're saying that I should vote for the warmongering, discriminating, environment raping (and all the other stuff) Tory MP because there are some people voting for the alternative candidate who get overly carried away and cross the lines of decency with regards to allowing free speech and generally behaving yourself in public.

Is that it?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So you're saying that I should vote for the warmongering, discriminating, environment raping (and all the other stuff) Tory MP because there are some people voting for the alternative candidate who get overly carried away and cross the lines of decency with regards to allowing free speech and generally behaving yourself in public.

Is that it?

I'd say stop voting for either of them. It's people's constant empowering of two party systems around the world that keeps the status quo as it is.

Are you saying there is no other alternative or simply don't vote?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd say stop voting for either of them. It's people's constant empowering of two party systems around the world that keeps the status quo as it is.

Your quite right. It's just the same shit over and over again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll be generous and put aside all your desperate references of past posts and play the ball, not the man and ask you: Please, go through your criteria list, point by point and tell me what is definitely going to happen with those. If you can do that then I'll agree you knew what you were voting for.

you are having a laugh. They are all coming true There was a long brexit thread where I was very clear what I was voting for. Go and have a brush up.
The points I supported in there are all coming true unlike your predictions.
You types are very keen on telling us what we didn’t vote for .Considering you claim to be so knowledgeable on what we didn’t vote for you should have no problem in telling us what a LEAVE EU vote was for on those major issues.
Care to expand…….no I didn’t think so.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Listening to the Today programme on radio 4 this morning it struck me their reporting of last nights debate while not untruthful was very selective and as such portrayed the events of last nights leaders debates not entirely as I recall them which got me thinking just how biased is the BBC these days.

The BBC was heavily criticised by the Tories as being left wing in it's reporting of the political news and so they set about rebalancing the organisation now it is stacked full of rightwingers. The chairman of the BBC Trust is Chris Patten, a former Conservative cabinet minister. The BBC's political editor, Nick Robinson, was once chairman of the Young Conservatives. His former senior political producer, Thea Rogers, became George Osborne's special advisor in 2012. Andrew Neil, the presenter of the BBC's flagship political programmes Daily Politics and This Week, is chairman of the conservative Spectator magazine. His editor is Robbie Gibb, former chief of staff to the Tory Francis Maude. After the business editor Robert Peston left his position it was taken by Kamal Ahmed from the rightwing Sunday Telegraph.

It appears to me the BBC may have been left leaning in the past but that is no longer the case as such remember all that you are told via the BBC might not be the only view on a story its up to us to make sure you look through other news sources for a more balanced and not bias view

Sad that the BBC news has become a political tool

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

I share your views to some extent. This is the first time I've voted in 15 years due to a similar apathy to the system. Especially when you consider the aforementioned cockwomble of a Tory MP wins that seat every damn time. I'm voting on this one essentially just to keep my oar in. This is because I lose the right the vote from overseas if the gap is over 15 years. I might look to see if it's possible to change my registration to a different constituency in the future.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've been trying to get my head around what makes Tory voters vote the way they do and I've been having a real tough time doing so. I can totally see why the left gets more animated in vilifying the right than vice versa. You just have to look at some of the Tory MPs voting records to see why.....

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10371/tim_loughton/east_worthing_and_shoreham/votes

How can this shit puffin of an MP get this many votes?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Worthing_and_Shoreham_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

It ****ing DEFIES BELIEF that people could vote in such numbers for a man who (based on the things he votes for in Parliament) could very well be qualify for the tag of being "evil".

Are there any left side MPs with such an appalling record in Parliament? Please post them up if there are.

Feeling left out by not being part of the name calling and childish insult throwing and peddling downright mistruths (I am not from the left), I now feel I have no alternative but to join in due to your absolute idiocy and refusal to allow any point of view but your own.

Ever thought that Tim Loughton might actually have voted how he has because he actually believes in his concsence, because he has principles, because he has a mind of his own and need not resort to just following others? Ever considered that his votes might reflect the feelings of his electorate? Has it dawned on you that people actually consider him to be a good constituency MP?

No.

No, in your view he is simply 'evil'.

Go away you stupid, yes stupid, little man. Go look up the definition of 'evil', both morally and legally. When you can come back and offer genuine reasoned debate you can get others to listen to you. Until then, you should ask yourself if you actually deserve to have the opportunity to express your opinion in a democratic election, when the best you can manage up to now is partisan bile based on your own prejudices.

Sad act.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I share your views to some extent. This is the first time I've voted in 15 years due to a similar apathy to the system. Especially when you consider the aforementioned cockwomble of a Tory MP wins that seat every damn time. I'm voting on this one essentially just to keep my oar in. This is because I lose the right the vote from overseas if the gap is over 15 years. I might look to see if it's possible to change my registration to a different constituency in the future.

This was going to be the first election I'd missed since the first one I was old enough to vote, '87 or whenever it was. Had a late change of heart though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Listening to the Today programme on radio 4 this morning it struck me their reporting of last nights debate while not untruthful was very selective and as such portrayed the events of last nights leaders debates not entirely as I recall them which got me thinking just how biased is the BBC these days.

The BBC was heavily criticised by the Tories as being left wing in it's reporting of the political news and so they set about rebalancing the organisation now it is stacked full of rightwingers. The chairman of the BBC Trust is Chris Patten, a former Conservative cabinet minister. The BBC's political editor, Nick Robinson, was once chairman of the Young Conservatives. His former senior political producer, Thea Rogers, became George Osborne's special advisor in 2012. Andrew Neil, the presenter of the BBC's flagship political programmes Daily Politics and This Week, is chairman of the conservative Spectator magazine. His editor is Robbie Gibb, former chief of staff to the Tory Francis Maude. After the business editor Robert Peston left his position it was taken by Kamal Ahmed from the rightwing Sunday Telegraph.

It appears to me the BBC may have been left leaning in the past but that is no longer the case as such remember all that you are told via the BBC might not be the only view on a story its up to us to make sure you look through other news sources for a more balanced and not bias view

Sad that the BBC news has become a political tool

Its not perfect but overall our broadcast media is pretty well balanced compared to other countries, you only have to look at the US for that. Some complain the Beeb is left wing but if you read the Mail or Express practically anything bar Fox News is left wing

Regarding last night, best performance goes to Caroline Lucas, if she was in Labour she could do the Tories serious damage

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Feeling left out by not being part of the name calling and childish insult throwing and peddling downright mistruths (I am not from the left), I now feel I have no alternative but to join in due to your absolute idiocy and refusal to allow any point of view but your own.

Ever thought that Tim Loughton might actually have voted how he has because he actually believes in his concsence, because he has principles, because he has a mind of his own and need not resort to just following others? Ever considered that his votes might reflect the feelings of his electorate? Has it dawned on you that people actually consider him to be a good constituency MP?

No.

No, in your view he is simply 'evil'.

Go away you stupid, yes stupid, little man. Go look up the definition of 'evil', both morally and legally. When you can come back and offer genuine reasoned debate you can get others to listen to you. Until then, you should ask yourself if you actually deserve to have the opportunity to express your opinion in a democratic election, when the best you can manage up to now is partisan bile based on your own prejudices.

Sad act.

Ooooh looks like I hit a nerve there. I'm actually not going to debate with you if you are seriously trying to defend that man's voting record.

Have a nice day.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Best to exercise that choice and respectfully allow others to do the same without insult. Support of a new and kinder politics is actually one of the things that I most respect about JC. Unfortunately his closest followers in the Shadow Cabinet (Abbott, McDonnell) and many of his young supporters in the country do not seem to back him on this issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regarding last night, best performance goes to Caroline Lucas, if she was in Labour she could do the Tories serious damage

If I was Corbyn I'd put her in the cabinet.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Best to exercise that choice and respectfully allow others to do the same without insult. Support of a new and kinder politics is actually one of the things that I most respect about JC. Unfortunately his closest followers in the Shadow Cabinet (Abbott, McDonnell) and many of his young supporters in the country do not seem to back him on this issue.

Well said Sir!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here