Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And there are plenty of homeless sleeping rough here in shop doorways in Brighton thanks to the Tory policies and the Green council.

I'm intrigued by this one: what particular policy of the Green council has increased the number of rough sleepers?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Christian Lagarde head of the International Monetary Fund said"It's obvious what happened in the UK has worked" she then added"UK authorities had managed to provide the right balance of spending cuts and revenue".There was more good news with UK unemployment the lowest since July 2008, total dropped by 76000.Job vacancies are the highest since records began at 743000 and earnings rose by 1.7%.

Yet the average household is worse off and some people cannot afford food, a place to live, to but a house, no job security, millions not affording higher education, poverty related obesity and heart disease on the rise, wages at an all time low in relation to living costs, for the first time in history the children are not out earning their generation, women's services cut by 2/3 rds in the capital, highest rate of homelessness since records began, highest rate of child poverty since 1947, highest rate of poverty related childhood illness since 1954, highest national debt the country has ever been in, highest rate of industry job cuts since history began, highest rate of zero hour contracts in history, highest rate of disabled citizens having their benefits removed since history began, longest pay freeze for NHS staff since records began, highest pay rise for MP's since history began, two highest ever expense claims in history made by conservative MP's last year.

Te list is endless. Country on the mend! Horsefeathers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that was because for once no one clapped after he finished a speech....it certainly was not a biased audience, but there were NO supporters of UKIP there, contrary to the debate you hear on the streets and in local media.

B*ll*x , there was at least one because he was asked after the debate on TV if he would still vote for UKIP and said after Farage's performance he was now undecided but the lady standing next to him who was intending to vote Conservative was considering switching to UKIP.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The formula devised to attribute the grant given to the devolved administrations of Wales, Scotland and NI that has nothing to do with public spending in regions, just those with devolved powers, that one?

Correct, my apologies: regions/countries. Should I now doff my cap to..............nah, boxxocks to that.

So even though the author of the formula now says that it is now heavily flawed, do you still think that those who pay the most tax should be led by those who not only pay less, but actually receive the most in return?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Someone define to me what poverty is? Poverty to me is the people you see on the street, homeless, sleeping rough.

When did you first realise you were one of the poor?

When the Labour candidate told me so of course.

Correct, my apologies: regions/countries. Should I now doff my cap to..............nah, boxxocks to that.

So even though the author of the formula now says that it is now heavily flawed, do you still think that those who pay the most tax should be led by those who not only pay less, but actually receive the most in return?

The author has said it was flawed from the start, because the wrong population estimates were used. An alternative need-based system would still give Scotland an above-average per capita government spend.
What do you mean 'led by'? Who is proposing a majority SNP government?
If you split North Sea oil revenues geographically, Scotland pays more than the UK average in per head tax take (at least up to 2012-13, according to Full Fact).

Yoda

English & European
Someone define to me what poverty is? Poverty to me is the people you see on the street, homeless, sleeping rough.

You are in poverty if you have a household income below 60% of the median according to The Treasury. Below is the 2013-2014 figures, not sure what the current ones are.
income-figures-treasury-009.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Someone define to me what poverty is?

there isnt one. there are many. its a problem for using the term, because you don't know if someone if referring to relative poverty or absolute poverty. and in the developed world, even that's not the full story as absolute poverty is still relative to the real absolute poverty of the developing world.

to illustrate, the above table (thanks Yoda). 37k doesn't strike me as anywhere near poverty.

Last edited:

larus

Right. Two things. There is most definitely not a food shortage in this country, food is everywhere. There is a shortage of money for poor people to buy said food.

Secondly, just to indulge you as you stupidly seem to think White Dee somehow represents every poor person in England, she is very likely malnourished. She will not be receiving essential nutrients in her diet I can assure you.

Now, all this has been explained to you very well by several posters so I can only assume you are thick and will never get it or just want to rant about poor people. Either way, no thanks.

There are too many people who won't take responsibility for their own lives.

Well know facts (which I don't think anyone intelligent person would disagree with).
1. Smoking is bad for you.
2. Too much fat is bad for you.
3. Veg, salad and fruit is good for you.
4 Regular and/or excessive drinking is bad for you.

Now, these aren't things which will be a surprise to people, but many people choose to ignore this information and feed themselves/their families on cheap, poor quality food. Now, seasonal fresh veg and fruit is cheap. Non organic meat is not expensive (chicken), so I don't go along with the premise that these people buy junk food because it's cheap. They buy junk food/takeaways because they are lazy and can't be arsed. No amount of benefits is going to change this. Too many people are closed to the fact that they need to sort their own life out. The welfare state is intended to help people in times of hardship, not a lifestyle choice.

I have no problem paying taxes to help the needy; I have a problem paying taxes to support those who don't want to make an effort.

Oh, and I also object to the elite being able to avoid paying taxes by devious methods, but taxes need to be fare, and anything above 50% is wrong to me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why ? do you have evidence to prove otherwise or are you using the IDS method of voices in your head telling you ?

Because I look around me and take note of what I see, without resorting to 'charity' reports with a political agenda to push. Do you REALLY beleive that a third of children in the UK are in poverty? If you really do believe that, then you have very high expectations. I would suggest that not having a flat screen TV, or the latest games console, or an i-Phone really does not count as being in poverty. Not having food on the table, or clothes on your back, or fuel to heat the home IS poverty, I do not believe that one third of children live in conditions like that in the UK.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Because I look around me and take note of what I see, without resorting to 'charity' reports with a political agenda to push. Do you REALLY beleive that a third of children in the UK are in poverty? If you really do believe that, then you have very high expectations. I would suggest that not having a flat screen TV, or the latest games console, or an i-Phone really does not count as being in poverty. Not having food on the table, or clothes on your back, or fuel to heat the home IS poverty, I do not believe that one third of children live in conditions like that in the UK.

You're in denial. You simply cannot believe it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Thanks for clarifying that, the IDS I believe what I think despite evidence pointing to the contrary then

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The point was made on the debate last night the UK is the 6th richest country in the world. Shouldn't we therefore have higher expectations?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope all these people have learnt the language, have integrated fully into the society they are in, they all have jobs, don't indulge in risky sexual behaviour and don't use the health service.

Yup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 94

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
White Dee. Are you serious?

She may as well be a cartoon character.

She pretty much is. Just a "character" the media are using to stir up hatred from the ignorant towards people on benefits.

"look! Look at the silly poor fat lady, look! She is spending your taxes on Findus pancakes and fags. Nope, nope, don't look over there at Billionaires owing the taxpayer Billions, look back at these silly poor people stealing your taxes. Nope, you're looking over there at the MP's deliberately not building new homes so they can artificially raise the price of their own property portfolios, look back at Fatty Boom Boom cackling with her neighbours on benefit street. Look at the silly man drunk at noon on your tax pounds. No, don't look at the Nurses 1% pay rise and start to compare it to the MP's 11% pay rise. Look at the oafs who cannot even feed themselves !!! look you ****ing morons, look at the poor people not us!!! "

Or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here