Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game Off - Walsall

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RM Taylor and Dabbzy are in Cov. They might visit Molineux or otherwise go totally gay and spend the afternoon window shopping around the Bullring.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now then, who was it who scoffed my prediction of this earlier this week?! :)

Same here. It was never going to be on with such a run of low temps. Even with the covers on the cold would get into the soil.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Permission to say "cock".

Got as far as Euston and when I came out the underground a flurry of texts so thanks El Pres / Ernest.

Met Clapham Gull on the concourse and managed to get an announcement put out on tannoy advising game called off.

Hope no-one got too far away from home for this.

Last edited:

Good thinking that man :clap:
Agreed.

And an excellent example of what to do. Far better than just having a moan about (a) the Albion; (b) Walsall FC; (c) the Football League; (d) the BBC; (e) Network Rail; (f) Dean Wilkins; (g) the credit crunch; (h) the Referee; (i) any combination of the above.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway as a treat the Huts will have a Chinese take-away tonight with my Walsall pocket money as not spent.

Yummy looking forward to sweet and sour king prawns Hong Kong style

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Agreed.

And an excellent example of what to do. Far better than just having a moan about (a) the Albion; (b) Walsall FC; (c) the Football League; (d) the BBC; (e) Network Rail; (f) Dean Wilkins; (g) the credit crunch; (h) the Referee; (i) any combination of the above.

You are joking, surely ?

I blame the Labour Party :ohmy::ohmy:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RM Taylor and Dabbzy have decided against mincing around the Bullring and are now just about to go in the away end at Molineux. Russ is attempting to sneak through as a U16. Dabbzy wont get away with it because he is 6ft3.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
At least a 10.am postponement gives most people the chance to abort mission.
Last weeks 1.00pm gave all us ' longer distance ' Withdean visitors little or no chance of avoiding a completely wasted journey.
Interesting to note that the ref stayed overnight and was able to make an early decision unlike our friend last week who ' got stuck in traffic ' and turned up just before 12.00.
Really feel its time now for the league to step in and impose a cut off time for postponements ( 11.00 am ? ).. 1.45pm Colchester v Tranmere last week was ridiculous.
There is no ideal solution but it aint rocket science in the present weather to know that pitches aren't going to improve in 4-5 hrs before kick-off.
It won't prevent fans starting out on long journeys ( e.g Carlisle ) but it will act as damage limitation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The announcement at Euston was very efficiently done and worded exactly as me and Beachy had asked.

"Network Rail would like to remind passengers waiting for the 11:03 to Birmingham New Street that Dean Wilkins finished seventh last season."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here