Game of thrones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
There was a lot of talk about him being Jaqen H'ghar but they have gone away a bit. Would quite like to see the hound back but he's just as gone as Hodor I think.
There's no reason his face couldn't be used at some point.

As for the hound, I suspect we'll see him again somewhere down the line...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Good episode and I like finding out more after so many years....... but kind of feel it ruins the next book whether the events play out the same or totally different (likely a mix) I can see it feeling clunky in a book. Much better when the TV comes after and because of the faster and visual nature rather than slow and more detailed, it didn't feel clunky that way round previous years but I fear now will when we finally get the books

I thought the TV series had taken over the story line i.e. HBO has changed the existing books a bit and is actually writing the new books for him.

Daenerys will marry Jon Snow and together they will beat the living dead....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Good episode and I like finding out more after so many years....... but kind of feel it ruins the next book whether the events play out the same or totally different (likely a mix) I can see it feeling clunky in a book. Much better when the TV comes after and because of the faster and visual nature rather than slow and more detailed, it didn't feel clunky that way round previous years but I fear now will when we finally get the books

Totally agree.

I haven't watched much of the TV series. I saw a couple of the earlier episodes, up until Ned Starks death. I only checked it out because of everyone going crazy.

Then at the start of this year I thought I should give the books a go as they're so popular. It was somewhat attritional, but I enjoyed them and was looking forward to the next one. But the TV series jumping ahead of it is slightly frustrating.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Totally agree.

I haven't watched much of the TV series. I saw a couple of the earlier episodes, up until Ned Starks death. I only checked it out because of everyone going crazy.

Then at the start of this year I thought I should give the books a go as they're so popular. It was somewhat attritional, but I enjoyed them and was looking forward to the next one. But the TV series jumping ahead of it is slightly frustrating.

I've not read the books but as my mates tell it the TV series is different enough from what's happening / happened in the books that it's not really going to spoil things. Much like The Walking Dead and the comics.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've not read the books but as my mates tell it the TV series is different enough from what's happening / happened in the books that it's not really going to spoil things. Much like The Walking Dead and the comics.

It's not going to spoil things now but the earlier seasons of the show correlated a lot more with the books, meaning that the big twists were sadly already known to those of us that'd gone through them. Anyone's guess what happens now!

The Walking Dead is a little different in that whilst certain things follow the comics (the farm, the prison, governor to nanme a few) the vast majority is following it's own path. The amount of people that should/shouldn't be dead or just not exist is fairly substantial at this point!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
In true Game of Thrones style, I'm believing nothing until I've seen the body.

Even then it would need the head removed just to be sure. I still expect to see Arya's fencing instructor from the first series rock up at some point (also never seen as dead in the books).

Guy who plays him (Miltos Yerolemou) is a Brighton fan - met him a couple of years back and he told me he used to be a regular at the Goldstone.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Guy who plays him (Miltos Yerolemou) is a Brighton fan - met him a couple of years back and he told me he used to be a regular at the Goldstone.

I was hoping this was true, so asked the man himself on Twitter (not doubting you, just curious to have it confirmed):

QUESTION: I've read online that you're a #bhafc fan and used to go to games at the Goldstone. True or false?

ANSWER: I grew up in Sussex. Brighton has and will always be my team. For once the Internet speak true!

:albion: :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Very brief appearance by Richard E. Grant in the actors scene.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Richard E Grant presumably too big a name to have such a small role. I'd be surprised if we didn't see him a little more in future episodes.

But to hell with that. The theatre group also saw an appearance for the mighty Kevin Eldon.

Richard E Grant presumably too big a name to have such a small role. I'd be surprised if we didn't see him a little more in future episodes.

But to hell with that. The theatre group also saw an appearance for the mighty Kevin Eldon.

Can't help but think the girl who has no name might join the theatre group to escape old many face and the city of bankers?:moo: But this is GOT so who knows?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

I'm fairly sure that the Hodor stuff will be the same.

Basically the main plot concepts are the same with just some of the individual story arcs being different.

I've stopped watching the Walking Dead...... just before they introduced Negan.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

George RR Martin had a meeting with the producers of the show and told them everything that will happen and how it will end, the way they get to the finale in the show will be different, but the end game will be the same, so it will spoil it in a sense.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
George RR Martin had a meeting with the producers of the show and told them everything that will happen and how it will end, the way they get to the finale in the show will be different, but the end game will be the same, so it will spoil it in a sense.

Won't make any difference if he doesn't actually ever finish the last two books

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports