What phone is better

• Galaxy S2

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • Iphone 4

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Once the quality and quantity of the Android apps catch up with Apple than Mr Jobs will turn in his grave.

Personally I like my HTC Desire with Android due to its level of customization. And one clear advantage is ability to carry a spare battery with me. It's all very well having a Smart Phone but not so clever when all the features suck the juice. Battery technology has not kept pace with the abilities of the phones.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't do about that, that's slick Apple marketing that doesn't bear much relation to reality. I seem to have spent the best part of the last hour with Mrs G trying to help her to download an app.

I'm sorry but you must be doing something terribly wrong there.

As long as you have connectivity and an App Store account it will take seconds, literally, to locate and instigate the downloading of an app. Of course, the actual download time will vary based on your connection speed and the size of the app itself.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm sorry but you must be doing something terribly wrong there.

As long as you have connectivity and an App Store account it will take seconds, literally, to locate and instigate the downloading of an app. Of course, the actual download time will vary based on your connection speed and the size of the app itself.

No, it's a password issue. It keeps saying password not recognised. We've now changed password twice and we still get a "Password not recognised" message. I've run out of suggestions and we're going to have phone Apple for support.

I think she's been persuaded that my Android phone is a better option.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, it's a password issue. It keeps saying password not recognised. We've now changed password twice and we still get a "Password not recognised" message. I've run out of suggestions and we're going to have phone Apple for support.

I think she's been persuaded that my Android phone is a better option.

I have to confess we saw something similar yesterday when a new 4s entered the house. I put it down to my good lady completing stuffing up her Apple accounts by having 3 of them with various combos of email addresses and stuff.

With the one we wanted to use, the one loaded with £££s, we could log into the store on iTunes directly and download apps from there but on the phone itself we were being rejected in the way it sounds you are.

I eventually resolved it by going to...

https://iforgot.apple.com

...on the phone itself and following it through. Having done that we've been fine ever since.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have to confess we saw something similar yesterday when a new 4s entered the house. I put it down to my good lady completing stuffing up her Apple accounts by having 3 of them with various combos of email addresses and stuff.

With the one we wanted to use, the one loaded with £££s, we could log into the store on iTunes directly and download apps from there but on the phone itself we were being rejected in the way it sounds you are.

I eventually resolved it by going to...

https://iforgot.apple.com

...on the phone itself and following it through. Having done that we've been fine ever since.

Thanks Darren. That sounds worth a try

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hoorah! Angry Birds for iOS will come to Chez Gwylan!

:lolol: You're right. Or rather it was the Halloween version of Angry Birds that the kids were itching to try

The kids are happy anyway

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've never heard that one before. Why are you ideologically opposed to Android?

This is a very subjective experience, I grant you.

The values, characteristics and philosophy that Apple products seem to embody speak to me profoundly. From their ease of use and intuitiveness, when I spied an Apple computer for the first time while writing for my university's newspaper in the 1990s, they got me from being someone fearful of what appeared to be the cold, baffling world of ICT to someone who was inspired to become a graphic and web designer. Similarly with phones, that beauty, elegance and simplicity of Apple products that I admire, and which guide my work, seem way more possible from a tight integration between hardware, application and OS. Android, on the other hand, just like Windows, strikes me as a fragmented platform for every bog standard hardware manufacturer, all of whom lack the tastefulness of Apple. I ideologically oppose Android for that reason, and the fact it appears to be a mere Trojan horse to ensure that the services of Google, a company with a very poor track record on privacy, gets onto more hardware.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone who buys a Samsung phone is helping to fund Chelsea Football Club ;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These smart phones are too smart for me. sending my Galaxy S2 back tomorrow. Any ideas what I should replace it with?

nokia_3210.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In case anyone is interested - NSC serves up approximately 300% more pages to iOS users as it does to Android users.

And that pleases me, obviously...

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
These smart phones are too smart for me. sending my Galaxy S2 back tomorrow. Any ideas what I should replace it with?

Given the UI, you may well be better off with an i Phone. Any Android phone will be broadly similar to the experience you've had with the Galaxy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here