Votes: 33 46.5%
  • Iphone 4

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can't offer too much guidance as I'm still using an IPhone 3gs, however I would add I'm pretty sure the IPhone 5 is going to be released soon, and is probably worth waiting for!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
hasn't this thread been created 5 times now?

If you want an iPhone. Wait until the 5. If you don't, the Galaxy S II is the best alternative.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have the Galaxy S2 - I got it 2 weeks ago, it is my first smartphone and I love it. I do have to say, though, the battery life is very poor.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I would wait for the i Phone 10 should be a lot lot lot better than the 5,6,7,8, or 9, if you can't wait until Xmas then go for the 4 or 5

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
iPhone is way ahead of anything in pretty much everything. They also lose no value over time.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No one knows. Early October looks likely according to the rumour sites.

iPhone is way ahead of anything in pretty much everything.

In what sense? I'm pretty sure that's not true...

To the OP - it depends on two things - your budget, and how much of a techie (or not) you are.

iPhones tend to be a bit more expensive, i.e. you'll have to get an expensive contract and possibly still pay up front for the phone, while a similarly-specced Android phone will probably just set you back the contract. iOS (the iPhone operating system) is more user-friendly than Android, but you won't be able to do much in the way of customisation to the look/feel of the phone.

What apps do Android users recommend?

I haven't been using my (Samsung Galaxy SII) mobile for games, but if there are apps and/or games that people think are brill, please mention them.
I keep hearing about 'Angry Birds' :shrug:

Also, good websites you might suggest for this or other phones.

Accessories - I have a lanyard and headphones, but not a case or cover for it yet. There might be some good things made available by now that aren't sold in the regular mobile stores.... anyone found anything particularly good? The market is slow catching up in the case department, loads of stuff for iPhones, but fewer for S II and harder to find leather cases big enough.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
iPhone without a doubt. Don't bother with anything else. Seriously. I was anti apple for years but got an iPhone 4 and it is increadable. Had a Galaxy before but it still just felt like a phone. Got the iPhone and it feels like having your right arm back plus the most important device you will ever own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here