Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gai Assulin

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Promised more than he delivered for me.

If his name was Greg Bobkin from Stevenage, and we'd seen those exact same performances in teh stripes, would we be at all interested?

Seriously? Have we come that far that we can disregard a player who has graduated through the Barca academy because he didn't play amazingly well in the few and far between appearances he had for us?

I do like the sound of this Greg Bobkin chap though!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Again IMO the guy is not a winger more an old type inside- forward or if you don't know what that is, Messi plays that position. Whether Gus could find a position for that sort of player I doubt, cause if Vicente returns it's his position in the team.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Wasn't overly fussed with him to be honest, maybe if the wages were right for us but he seemed a bit lightweight, maybe to replace noone if he moves on but other than that I think he wouldn't really strengthen the team. Maybe didn't really see enough of him.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I cant remember what game it was exactly, it was at the Amex against Watford maybe Millwall, but he gave their LB a horrible time, just couldn't keep up with his pace or acceleration, but after that he kinda just fizzled out and then got injured. Still, I think it would be worth it, maybe invite him along on pre-season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
we just didn't really see the best of Gai last season. he does look like he has something to offer but would there actually be space in the team to accommodate him, unless he was groomed as Vicente's understudy. The one thing that did impress me was his attitude, he genuinely seemed to like it here and was prepared to put a shift in when asked, so he may well be worth a gamble as a free transfer.

As for Hargreaves, well if he's fit why not go for it. I'm sure he's got enough money already, he will just want to play. Can see him at Everton or Villa though.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyone who played for Barcelona as long as he did is worth a one year contract punt surely? (Of course not if his wages are too high but you understand what I mean...)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Again IMO the guy is not a winger more an old type inside- forward or if you don't know what that is, Messi plays that position. Whether Gus could find a position for that sort of player I doubt, cause if Vicente returns it's his position in the team.

Wasn't overly fussed with him to be honest, maybe if the wages were right for us but he seemed a bit lightweight, maybe to replace noone if he moves on but other than that I think he wouldn't really strengthen the team. Maybe didn't really see enough of him.

Agree with most of both of these except for the replacing Noone bit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely, Nooney will stay? He's only just signed a new contract...

As for Gai, I'm afraid he didn't really impress IMHO, and we have players ready to play in his position already...

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Assulin was the only shining light when we got spanked and spit roasted at Upton Park. Then looked terrible when he came on against Barnsley in the last game of the season. If we could get some consistency from the lad he would be a great addition to the squad.

Sell Noone to Cardiff, snap Assulin up on a free, great bit of business.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Assulin was the only shining light when we got spanked and spit roasted at Upton Park. Then looked terrible when he came on against Barnsley in the last game of the season. If we could get some consistency from the lad he would be a great addition to the squad.

Sell Noone to Cardiff, snap Assulin up on a free, great bit of business.

I'd go with that. Stick the money from Noone's transfer fee on Assulin's wages if needed.

Me too

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Get them both Greg Bobkin and Gai Assulin!!

Greg and Gai........AWESOME

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
I think people are getting a bit carried away with the whole barcelona thing. The facts are (according to wikipedia...) he has played 67 times for barcelona B, and a grand total of 0 appearances for both Barca and Man City, and a handful of games for us. I think barca b are in the second division in spain, not usre of the quality there so cant comment. but people claiming a 21 year old with 0 appearances in top level leagues, is a midtable premier league player who will demand 'crazy' wages is a bit off in my opinion. Im not saying hes rubbish, he looked pretty decent at times when he played, and i think he would be a good signing and has potential to be pretty good, it just annoys me when people think a player is fantastic simply because hes been at a major club.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Just didnt look up to it, was far too light weight and had a couple of poor games. Would be nice to eat my words though

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nooney isn't going anywhere IMHO... and certainly contributed a lot more to our last season than Gai...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sweet jesus i cant believe what i am reading. Gai is made of paper and produced nothing in his appearances fir us. We have much better at what he does already. Complete waste of wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here