Gai Assulin

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'll drive and pick him myself. Great player and a great attitude, seemed to love it down here.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hmmm, very interesting- Gus has said he is one we would look at signing? But I think he said that in relation to all the players. If we could get him + Mattock on a free it would be good business but I wonder what kind of wages he was on at City. Not the full whack probably as he was likely seen as a 'punt' / one for the future, but maybe more than we could afford.

The question is do we want him, have we seen enough of him? I wouldn't want him on a long contract...not sure I've seen enough from his limited playing time and also there has been injury concerns.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like a decent player, but I never saw an AWFUL lot of end product from him.

Might be worth a poke on a freebie as long as his wages aren't silly.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Hmmm, very interesting- Gus has said he is one we would look at signing? But I think he said that in relation to all the players. If we could get him + Mattock on a free it would be good business but I wonder what kind of wages he was on at City. Not the full whack probably as he was likely seen as a 'punt' but maybe more than we could afford.

The question is do we want him, have we seen enough of him? I wouldn't want him on a long contract...

You could be right with that one. I reckon somewhere in the region 10-12k per week, if he dropped down to say 8k with a review at the end of the season that should do it,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh. Doubt we'd afford his wages but a very interesting one. Would assume much bigger clubs than us would be sniffing around.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'd definitely try and sign him if it was down to me. Clearly had the talent, just needed a regular run of games and he'd have been one of the Championship's bright sparks

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd definitely try and sign him if it was down to me. Clearly had the talent, just needed a regular run of games and he'd have been one of the Championship's bright sparks

I think is Gus could get him to tone down some of his flairatrics and he got regular game time he would be a good signing with some potential. We do have too many wingers for a side that only really plays with one. Not sure if he can play in the hole and I'd prefer Vicente was there TBH.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
From what I saw of him last season, there are much better players at the club already. Hard to believe just a few years ago he was at Barcelona.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Hes a great young talent so yes id love it for him to sign for good !!! If he does, just hope he can get more assists as he only got 1 when on loan.

Call my crazy, but i would have a look at Hargreaves too, depending on his wages.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
It is a gamble, but could pay off brilliantly. The potential is there, he's come from the Barcelona academy and City saw something in him to be a great player. Just seems he needs regular game time to unlock the ability, he's quick, his touch and ball control was sublime but nothing really came at the end of it. I think if he isn't looking for crazy wages, we should get him on board. Bit of Gus's magic and he could tear the championship apart, he could be our Messi.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Promised more than he delivered for me.

If his name was Greg Bobkin from Stevenage, and we'd seen those exact same performances in teh stripes, would we be at all interested?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Would love to see him, but surely go mid-table Premier League if he stays here.

Possibly not, he's not played any PL football and only really had his loan here to show what he has. I'd say if Gus wants him, we have a great chance.

I could see Nooney moving on if we got Assulin.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Promised more than he delivered for me.

If his name was Greg Bobkin from Stevenage, and we'd seen those exact same performances in teh stripes, would we be at all interested?

Had superb close control and technique, just final ball lacking at times. I would still be interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports