Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
the only indication of a start time I’ve found is 6pm, but it doesn’t say if that is local or Uk time. Does anybody know a scheduled start time?
Main event ring walks scheduled for 11pm UK time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hopefully Fury takes the same approach as in Wilder 2 fight and we get a dust up.
Although the most likely outcome is points, after a cagey and close 36 minutes. Then it comes down to the style the judges prefer.
My prediction? Usyk picks Tyson off from the outside and lands more blows, but it goes to
Points. Judges give it to Fury (let’s face it, there’s form) and this thread goes into a two day binfest regarding the judging.

Usyk eventually wins the rematch in 18 months time after Fury postpones once due to an injury and once due to mental health.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bollox

The fights would still happen with smaller purses that is all, Saudi are willing to pay stupid money for various reasons.
The fighters follow the money, like F1, like shitty burnt out footballers, like that shitty so called sport where you hit a hard ping pong ball with a stupid stick and try and get it in a hole.
Snooker ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm not usually into boxing but have been caught up in the hype and might give it a bash.

What time is the ACTUAL kick-off?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Is it not on Talk Sport or 5Live then?

Interesting stat came up yesterday from Colin Hart, it’s the first time since 8th March 1971, Frazier vs Ali at Madison Square Garden, that two undefeated heavyweights have fought for the undisputed titles.

Just watching the predictions on You Tube, HBO’s Jim Lamptey speculating that Fury would have beaten Ali, Marciano, Lewis and Dempsey. 🤷‍♂️
Jim Lampley is prone to a bit of hyperbole I’m afraid. If prime Mike Tyson can’t get in a heavyweight all time top 10 list due to “who did he beat”, fury is certainly in that catergory as well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My prediction
Fury gets bashed about and is so obviously the loser but is given the win on points.
Rematch called for and given for December this year.
If it's anything like the last Fury fight this has to be the result, so fixed.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Bunce said this morning the cheapest tickets for this are £12...

How much the ppv on Sky ?

Funny old World when watching something on TV more expensive that watching it live

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
My prediction? Usyk picks Tyson off from the outside and lands more blows, but it goes to
Points. Judges give it to Fury (let’s face it, there’s form) and this thread goes into a two day binfest regarding the judging.

Usyk eventually wins the rematch in 18 months time after Fury postpones once due to an injury and once due to mental health.
No way Usyk picks him off from the outside. Size difference tells you that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really difficult to call. I’ll be rooting for Usyk though.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think Fury's cut gets re-opened which will play a pivotal part of this fight.

Fury needs to get him out early as Usyk is one of the most accurate puncher's and will target the cut the longer the fight goes on.

Hard one to call to edging with Fury.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not usually into boxing but have been caught up in the hype and might give it a bash.

What time is the ACTUAL kick-off?
Normally when there’s a super fight, it’s a crap undercard. But thanks to Saudi oil money, that’s not the case tonight. There are two or three fights worth watching before the main event. So tune in early.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
It's probably been mentioned on here but does anyone know if the fight is accessible via a Firestick and if so what channel?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Normally when there’s a super fight, it’s a crap undercard. But thanks to Saudi oil money, that’s not the case tonight. There are two or three fights worth watching before the main event. So tune in early.
briedis vs opetaia is a fight worth watching. Their first fight was a cracker. Joe Cordina is worth a watch as well.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I hardly ever pay extra for sports, but admit I’ve been taken in by this. Hard to call… and with a strong undercard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here