Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Looks like a £100million fight at Wembley or Spurs with a 60/40 split isn't enough for the Gypsy King.

Genuinely gutting, I thought we were going to get the first undisputed Heavyweight Champion since Lennox Lewis?

IMHO really damages Fury's eventual career legacy, victory against Usyk would have seen him surpass Lewis as the greatest British heavyweight boxer of all time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Funny sport this. Fight all the shite ones and avoid all the difficult ones and people will see you as the best in the world. Would be nice if it was like that in football.
"Manchester City? Ees complicated... we're skipping that one and playing Everton instead. Every week."

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Looks like a £100million fight at Wembley or Spurs with a 60/40 split isn't enough for the Gypsy King.

Genuinely gutting, I thought we were going to get the first undisputed Heavyweight Champion since Lennox Lewis?

IMHO really damages Fury's eventual career legacy, victory against Usyk would have seen him surpass Lewis as the greatest British heavyweight boxer of all time.
Not much of a legacy when Usyk sparks him out anyway. Fury is a nasty piece of work but he isn't stupid. He already has more money than he could spend and there is no point in risking his welfare against Usyk.

Was never gonna happen.

I'm with Swanny here. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best (as Lennox Lewis did).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Fury had retired. Again. Again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
60/40 split is winner/loser, so perhaps Fury wants closer to parity for losing?

Anyway, seems all part of the negotiation/promotion process. Starts getting in the headlines already.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This sort of politcking taints boxing - the root of all the troublre is, of course, having so many world championships. Even when somebody does unify all the titles, one or two of the governing bodies will put up a different mandatory challenger from the others, so that when the champion takes on the other lot's mandatory challenger and not theirs, they strip him of the title - and hey presto, it's all about manoevring to set up unification fights all over again.

Actually - it's all about the money.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not a boxing fan although it appears to be following the WWE in terms of story lines with fake hatred and trash talk the mugs pay £20 to watch on PPV earning these boxers millions. They are nothing like the fights from back in the day to much hugging and not enough fighting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine if every sport was run this badly.

"Well we as England will agree to play Brazil for the World Cup trophy but only if we ensure that whatever happens we get to retain the bulk of the money and we demand it be played at Wembley, or at a push Old Trafford."

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Nevermind Lenny I got over it by the time I read your post.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
It’s pathetic. Fury says one week that he’ll fight AJ for free and now £50 million isn’t enough ! It also ruins the boxing podcasts I listen to. They spend half the time moaning about fighters avoiding each other. Spence vs Crawford needs doing. I’m glad Garcia vs Tank has got a date, I’ll look forward to that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Wants a 70/30 split or no fight, with Usyk losing 1% for every day he doesn’t take the offer, it’s just an embarrassment at this point, Tyson should get more but 70/30 for a man who ‘doesn’t care about the money’ :rolleyes:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Fury the bigger draw, Usyk holds the most belts.
Make it 50/50 - or, 60/40 to the winner.

Very bored with the way heavyweight boxing has been going with this crap.

Promoters should be worried about the sport quickly becoming far less relevant and interesting to consumers.

Stumpy Tim

Imagine if every sport was run this badly.

"Well we as England will agree to play Brazil for the World Cup trophy but only if we ensure that whatever happens we get to retain the bulk of the money and we demand it be played at Wembley, or at a push Old Trafford."
And if we lose we get an automatic rematch. Boxing has become shit. Lewis would have destroyed Fury... no contest

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Usyk has accepted 70/30, calling fury “greedy belly” 😂.
Fury has been such a dick that I may have to cheer the Ukrainian if the fight actually happens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Think I’m going to have to support Usyk for this fight, what a legend.

Called his bluff. Amusing as I’m not convinced Fury wants this fight. I won’t be surprised if Fury finds some “problem” further down the line which means the fight doesn’t happen.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
And if we lose we get an automatic rematch. Boxing has become shit. Lewis would have destroyed Fury... no contest
Not so sure Tim, remember Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman?

Fury can be a dick at times, but technically he’s probably got one of the finest boxing brains we’ve ever seen in this country.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
BBC article saying unlikely to happen in April… 🙁

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here