Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Usyk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Usyk has 3 of the 4 belts so deserves a 50/50 split.

I quite admire him being the much smaller man even taking this challenge. Fury has failed a drugs test in the past, so I am a bit suspicious how he seemed a completely different fighter in Wilder1 than Wilder 2 and 3.

Last edited:

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Not so sure Tim, remember Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman?

Fury can be a dick at times, but technically he’s probably got one of the finest boxing brains we’ve ever seen in this country.
Rahman rematch was due to Lewis being champ and dictating the contract and the McCall rematch was 3 years later so I presume nothing in the contract or wanted to build himself up again.

Either way I think Fury has embarrassed himself here. Still don’t see fight happening for a while.

Stumpy Tim

Not so sure Tim, remember Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman?

Fury can be a dick at times, but technically he’s probably got one of the finest boxing brains we’ve ever seen in this country.
Lewis had a very slight weakness in that he did get hit with a couple of big punches in his career - which can be devastating in the Heavyweight division. Fury isn't a big puncher though... technically good, but he wouldn't trouble Lewis IMO

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Seems Usyk has accepted a 30/70 split with Fury. Well done to him if he has. Still a huge payday and he obviously fancies himself to win and become undisputed champion, then bigger paydays to follow.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Looks like a £100million fight at Wembley or Spurs with a 60/40 split isn't enough for the Gypsy King.

Genuinely gutting, I thought we were going to get the first undisputed Heavyweight Champion since Lennox Lewis?

IMHO really damages Fury's eventual career legacy, victory against Usyk would have seen him surpass Lewis as the greatest British heavyweight boxer of all time.
In my opinion Lewis is in the top five heavyweights of all time along with Ali, Louis, Holmes and Tyson, a win for Fury wouldn't elevate him to that position. Oh for the days of just two belts, when the champion fought the top challenger and the only problem was to get the two bodies to agree.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Lewis had a very slight weakness in that he did get hit with a couple of big punches in his career - which can be devastating in the Heavyweight division. Fury isn't a big puncher though... technically good, but he wouldn't trouble Lewis IMO
Whilst not a one shot puncher like Wilder who absolutely knocked the 7 bells out of Fury with a single punch, Fury still holds a decent level of power that shouldn't be underrated

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Imagine if every sport was run this badly.

"Well we as England will agree to play Brazil for the World Cup trophy but only if we ensure that whatever happens we get to retain the bulk of the money and we demand it be played at Wembley, or at a push Old Trafford."
It's really even worse than this. It's such a complete nonsense of a 'sport' and I am starting to resent it taking up tv and radio time (most coverage being who said what nasty thing about who) that could be better used covering one of the very many real sports going on out there that we rarely hear about.
You have interweb 'influencers' and people from completely different 'sports' getting in on the act as long as there is money in it. Fights in Saudi and nobody batting an eyelid.
And while many sports are at least talking about how to reduce the long term impact of repeated concussion injuries...we continue to pay to watch people deliberately inflict serious concussion on their opponent as a way to 'win'.

Money doesn't talk, it swears.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Called his bluff. Amusing as I’m not convinced Fury wants this fight. I won’t be surprised if Fury finds some “problem” further down the line which means the fight doesn’t happen.
Told you.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Boxing is a joke now if it’s not alleged ‘greats’ avoiding big fights it’s nonsense like MMA fighters and YouTubers on PPV. Sports lost what made it great.

Got bored when Mayweather made a career out of dodging a fight with prime Manny Pacquiao and for the last few years we have seen Joshua and Fury dodging each other and now this farce.

Can’t believe anyone still pays good money for this shit

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
In my opinion Lewis is in the top five heavyweights of all time along with Ali, Louis, Holmes and Tyson, a win for Fury wouldn't elevate him to that position. Oh for the days of just two belts, when the champion fought the top challenger and the only problem was to get the two bodies to agree.
Frazier, Foreman, Jack Johnson I’d say were above Tyson.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Another fight in Riyadh for the main who claims to not care about the money and only his boxing legacy, I know they all want the bag and I don’t have an issue to a degree but a fight at Wembley/other would still have been unbelievably lucrative.

That’s if it even happens, pretty much anything that involves Fury I tend to believe when I see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here