Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This thread is hilarious tonight.

Football fans eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We didn't deserve anything from that tonight. We sorely missed the hold up play from Welbeck and the ball kept coming back at us. Not sure what the plan was 2nd half, plenty of possession but what's the point if the ball wasn't played into the box

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bad night at the office

The pitch size and slickness didn’t do either team any favours. We looked clumsy and error prone as a result.

Anyway it will happen from time to time, nothing we can do about it now, need a home performance on Sunday

The only positive was the away support [emoji1303] pretty much non stop throughout

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A small comfort, it’ll keep our prepaid elec meter going til lunchtime tomorrow.

View attachment 151383

Got better odds prematch …I did do a small offset on the draw…thought we were due a poor (relatively) performance….hopefully a bounce back Sunday

Credit to Fulham who lest we forget lost narrowly against an inform Arsenal and were close to beating Liverpool

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well, that was a bit 'meh', wasn't it?
We looked right off the pace, too much sloppiness and the desire to win just didn't seem to be there. Thought we were in with a shout after the penalty (nicely taken too), but even that didn't really give us the impetus we lacked tonight.
Credit to Fulham, they gave us a game and we were sadly lacking. No idea why we started without DW this evening - a rare Potter error?
As an aside, I do love Solly, but by Christ I wish he'd hit the target before I pass on
Not the end of the world, but it pisses me off that we missed another chance to go top - it almost seems like we don't want to enough.
Still, so Leicester 2-0 and all will be well again, and we've still had a great start to the season. :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That was shocking - Alexis is the only player who can hold his head high, he showed some drive and desire (Mitoma showed willing too, but I don't think the end product is there yet). And what on earth they were doing during injury time will totally perplex Potter

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Football fans eh?

Most fans just venting frustration. Think most recognise we've still had a bloody good start to the season and Fulham - esp at craven cottage - will be no mugs this season

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Meanwhile, Elland Road sounds like football in a library.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Alexis Mac Allister

"It was a tough moment for us. Nine games unbeaten was a good record but we couldn't win."

"Our first half was not good. We were not at our level."

"When you come to this place you have to be 100% and we weren't."

"We are really sad but we will keep working and go again on Sunday."

"I think they were two cheap goals. In football you have to react. We did but it wasn't enough."

"It is always nice to score a goal but it means nothing because we lost."

"We don't think about that [finishing top of the table]. We go match by match and step by step."

"We will try to rest then prepare to win at home [against Leicester]. We know we have to win with our fans."

Fair comment. The unbeaten run wasn't going to go on forever and the better team on the night won.

Still 10 points out of the first 15 is excellent.

Make it 13 from 18 against an out-of-form Leicester and it's all ok.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think tonight was the night when it’s shows you can’t sell over 100 mill worth of players and not reinvest more. Some really error strewn performances out there. Sanchez, dunk, Webster, mwepu all really bad. Can’t win them all though- first defeat out the way. What we don’t need now is a poor run.

i read that as Sanchez drunk .... might have explained a few things

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Frustrating game.

That was definitely our toughest game of the season so far, regardless of the result. They were well organized and worked relentlessly hard all game. They didn't give us any space to play in or time on the ball. Our poor performance was in large part down to them.

I thought they had a bit of luck with both their goals but we could have played another hour and not scored so...:shrug:

Also, I wast wearing my lucky boxers so I guess this ones on me, sorry! I'll make sure I have them on for Leicester.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Football fans eh?

I haven’t read the thread before the full time whistle went but I came away from that game pretty deflated. Fulham wanted it more than us, really disappointing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Alexis Mac Allister

"It was a tough moment for us. Nine games unbeaten was a good record but we couldn't win."

"Our first half was not good. We were not at our level."

"When you come to this place you have to be 100% and we weren't."

"We are really sad but we will keep working and go again on Sunday."

"I think they were two cheap goals. In football you have to react. We did but it wasn't enough."

"It is always nice to score a goal but it means nothing because we lost."

"We don't think about that [finishing top of the table]. We go match by match and step by step."

"We will try to rest then prepare to win at home [against Leicester]. We know we have to win with our fans."

Fair comment. The unbeaten run wasn't going to go on forever and the better team on the night won.

Still 10 points out of the first 15 is excellent. Make it 13 from 18 against an out-of-form Leicester and it's all ok.

one of the few players to come out of that game with any credit. kept working and a great penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here