Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We played shit and lost.
We won't win every game, especially against Fulham it seems.
They are to us what we are to West Ham.
Wrong starting line up and short studs.
This game, along with the next two, I thought very winnable, but that's Brighton isn't it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pervis is no Cucurella and Mwepu is no Lallana thought we really missed Lallana last night. We need some players in the door Right side attacker/winger, a striker obviously and a creative midfielder or a defensive midfielder to get Mac up the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sure it’s been mentioned on here already but the Albion support was immense last night. It sounded like we were the home team for long periods :bowdown:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A bit better outlook since sleeping on it .

Still disappointing defeat . As soon as saw no striker then all the concerns about our striking options re surfaced . The way that game went it just highlighted what a mistake that selection was . Fulham pressed high from the front and their game plan was to stop all supply to anywhere . Every time we managed to get past the front press they were biting into us and desperate to win it back . It meant that we then had to go back and start trying to build again with Fulham back to plan a with the front high press . It was very methodical and slow . If we had a striker from the start we at least Would have likely had more options with the longer ball to get past Fulham’s high and middle press . It also didn’t help players having bad games and our passing being off when we did get slight opportunities to start a quicker attack .
Concerning game from estipinan from the first min . Hope that’s now out his system .

Would of liked to see is make those changes after 25 mins and tried to get the initiative at 0-0 .

There was a bit of a blue print how you beat us last night .

The striker thing continues to be a bit of a joke though . Really hope that is addressed .

Positives is 4th in the league with a potentially winnable home game in 5 days .

Let’s hope this is just a blip rather than a norm

Well done Fulham . Fully deserved and impressive win .

boik

We played shit and lost.
We won't win every game, especially against Fulham it seems.
They are to us what we are to West Ham.
Wrong starting line up and short studs.
This game, along with the next two, I thought very winnable, but that's Brighton isn't it.

Every time we beat a good team, people on hear get really upset when oppo fans and pundits concentrate on how poor they were. And yet here we all are..........

End of the first half we had slowed it down and gianed control. Second half they came out at speed and disrupted the game causing us to make more mistakes than usual. Fulham played well and deserve the credit for doing so.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Fulham were too physical and aggressive for us. After trying to play football in the past, it looks like they are adopting the Burnley philosophy which is working well for them so far especially with that big beast upfront for them. I wouldn’t want to watch it every week though.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Every time we beat a good team, people on hear get really upset when oppo fans and pundits concentrate on how poor they were. And yet here we all are..........

End of the first half we had slowed it down and gianed control. Second half they came out at speed and disrupted the game causing us to make more mistakes than usual. Fulham played well and deserve the credit for doing so.
Fulham have started the season playing just as well as us. They could have/should have beaten Liverpool and were unlucky not to get at least a few v Arsenal. They will do alright this season I think, provided they keep their striker fit.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Let's accentuate the positives from last night:

1. We didn't get tonked.
2. Seamlessly switched from a back three to a back four after 15 minutes. Changing formations mid-game can be handy.
3. Fulham's goals came only from our own mistakes. Those are things we can work on.
4. Estupinan won us a penalty. He gets into the box.
5. Mac took the penalty well. We missed a few last season.
6. We've identified a few things to work on with Pervis...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m sure it’s been mentioned on here already but the Albion support was immense last night. It sounded like we were the home team for long periods :bowdown:

Yep, and I hope those on here who slate our repertoire of chants were listening - must have been about 20 odd different chants sung loud and clear throughout the game yesterday. Excellent away support, as always. If only we could get all out away support sat together at the Amex, eh.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yep, not all of us though :) Fulham fully deserved that win. They were the better team.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fulham were too physical and aggressive for us. After trying to play football in the past, it looks like they are adopting the Burnley philosophy which is working well for them so far especially with that big beast upfront for them. I wouldn’t want to watch it every week though.

Just because they won the physical battles and out pressed us that does not make them Burnley. They are a passing team not dissimilar to us. Last night they did it better.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think GP simply misjudged the opposition and thought he could win with the team and formation, and you could say at half time, he probably thought we can push on and a few timely substitutes could win, however when Fulham went 1-0 & quickly 2-0 he was forced to act and I think caught on the hop, and it simply did not work out, that and probably the worst defensive performance I have seen by the Albion for a long time, wayward passing, Sanchez flapping, it was quite frankly a shit show at the back, having said that we could have equalised with just a bit more quality in and around the box. I think it was a below par performance by everyone from top to botttom.

But it happens, and did we get thrashed, no, and we are already a 1/4 of the way to safety (which is still my first worry) and hopefully a signing or two must just cheer us up before the weekend.

Chin up fellas.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just because they won the physical battles and out pressed us that does not make them Burnley. They are a passing team not dissimilar to us. Last night they did it better.

This. They were aggressive in the press but didn't cross the line into dirtiness. Pereira, in particular, looked an excellent player.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Their game last night was all about winning the physical duels and getting lots of crosses into the box. The number of passes they made that were accurate was very low. Have a look at the stats and this backs it up. They also were chasing after the referee after every foul in an attempt to get our players booked. It worked for them so you can’t argue too much but it was not the style of football I like.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Their game last night was all about winning the physical duels and getting lots of crosses into the box. The number of passes they made that were accurate was very low. Have a look at the stats and this backs it up. They also were chasing after the referee after every foul in an attempt to get our players booked. It worked for them so you can’t argue too much but it was not the style of football I like.

I think my point is that most teams other than Man U are not going to sit back and watch us pass around them. We will have to adapt and I’m sure we will.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I was surprised we didn’t rotate the starting 11 more. We looked tired.

But then again GP’s view of squad depth may be the reason

Last edited:

boik

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10367563 said:
I thought the game was crying out for Alzate, he's very calm on the ball, always seems to find space and can wriggle out of tight situations most of the time. I would have swapped him for Mwepu at halftime.

I think you'll find that every player who didn't play is the one that would have made a difference. It's the NSC way!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Managed to jump on the first train out of Fulham. Quick change then had the thrill of a journey of a lifetime.

Stopped at a packed Selhurst then a rammed East Croydon where I have never had the pleasure of being joined and surrounded by so many clad in the red & blue. A truly memorable and reflective choo choo ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here