Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French midfielder, Racon, on loan from Charlton [merged]

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Argus Brighton Hove & Sussex news sport jobs and local information

Albion are poised to land French central midfielder Therry Racon on loan from Charlton to boost their depleted squad.

Racon, 23, joined Charlton from Guingamp on a four-year deal at the start of the season for a fee of around £430,000.

He previously had a spell on loan to Leyton Orient from Marseille.

Racon could go straight into the side against Swindon at Withdean on Saturday, with Adam El-Abd ruled out by a medial knee ligament injury sustained in Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Huddersfield.

Albion fear El-Abd could be sidelined for four weeks, although that will not be confirmed until they receive the results of a scan later today.

The Seagulls will also be missing both first choice fullbacks against Swindon. Matt Richards is missing for up to four weeks with a hamstring injury and Andrew Whing begins a two-match ban.

Kerry Mayo will continue to deputise for Richards at leftback, while Tommy Fraser is favourite to fill in for Whing at rightback after playing there in the first half for the reserves at Crystal Palace last night.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's 23, started off at Marseille but only made one appearance in their first team. Went to Orient on loan, played 28 times and scored three goals for them, then went to Guingamp in France, playing 29 games without scoring.

Signed for Charlton last year and has played 3 times for their first team so far.

Oh, and his middle name is Norbert.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
maybe this would have more replies if the thread title was, 'lot's of mens bollocks' instead of 'loan signing'

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Quality apparently according to a Charlton supporting mate, has been unlucky not to play more games for them apparently. Has seemed a little off the pace in the championship but his distrubiton is very good apparently and he will be surprised if we aren't "impressed" by him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
maybe this would have more replies if the thread title was, 'lot's of mens bollocks' instead of 'loan signing'

I was thinking the same myself. Maybe ladies breasts would have been better:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is him:

3889948110-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-west-bromwich-albion-v.jpg

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I was thinking the same myself. Maybe ladies breasts would have been better:lolol:

someone could have put that but then sliped in the balls anyway, just to catch us out again

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Errmm but don't we need someone to play right-back.

But the more the merrier.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
here he is battling against the power that is loft (hope I don't get in trouble for lifting that from the seagulls website as they try to hide their code quite well):

0,,10433~3434240,00.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Let's hope he's better than the previous 2 french midfielders we've had....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not just Fraser by the sounds of it, if McFaul & Fogden both played part of the game there.Sounds like we're struggling to find someone to fill in for Whing.

Im free to play, im very suprised i havnt had a call asking for me to sign up :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here