Freddie Flintoff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
BUM of the night difficult to work out as that TALENTLESS no HOPER David Price is on as WELL tonight and NO doubt thinking up MORE excuses to AVOID the REAL deal Tyson Fury. Thank the LORD BIG Tyson is on tomorrow NIGHT against a REAL world ranked fighter and not some 45 YEAR old dustman who SHOULD have retired YEARS ago.

I hope you are not serious about Tyson Fury, you could not of followed their amateur careers as you would know that David Price represented his country many times won a commonwealth gold medal and olympic bronze, sparred rounds with Tyson Fury and regularly was on top and beat Tyson Fury convincingly in the amateurs. Fury will always avoid him as he knows that David Price has far too much power. Class fight if it happens but I doubt it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It did look a bit like a white collar fight didn't it :lolol:

Like I said before, I've seen some right crap bouts on the undercard between novice heavyweights before, the standard was actually quite decent compared to other stuff I've seen. Also, why are people surprised that the other bloke was a bit shit? This is how fighters start their career, you get put in with people of a similar standard and experience, if they didn't then loads of boxers would be getting knocked out in their first bout :shrug: It's just that usually it's the first bout on the undercard in front of one man and his dog. Audley had the same problem when he turned pro - accused of fighting bums.
I think it must be harder for big blokes, because when you watch a couple of little fellas on the undercard they always look technically good regardless of how many fights they've had. Put a couple of heavyweights in and they often look like fat, slow brawlers.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I hope you are not serious about Tyson Fury, you could not of followed their amateur careers as you would know that David Price represented his country many times won a commonwealth gold medal and olympic bronze, sparred rounds with Tyson Fury and regularly was on top and beat Tyson Fury convincingly in the amateurs. Fury will always avoid him as he knows that David Price has far too much power. Class fight if it happens but I doubt it.

No this isn't true - David Price is a big stiff idiot and Tyson Fury is going to do him some serious harm and then fight Tony Bellew in between rounds, tony happens to be his gay lover.

That's what tyson told me anyway.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interesting that after last nights fight Prince said he wants to fight Chisora next who of course got beaten by Fury ages ago, anyone who thinks that Price is better than Fury is deluded.

Fury obviously thinks Price has his number, otherwise he (Fury) would not have vacated the British title in order to avoid having to defend it against Price.

I'd back Price to knock Fury out before the halfway stage.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hmm dunno about that. Stylistically I think Fury is set up to beat Price. There'll be money to be made cos he'll be the outsider, if he doesn't fight Wlad first.

Price reminds me of a young Lennox Lewis in so far as he moves fairly well for a man of his size and seems to have a decent boxing brain to go with the skill and power.

Fury is a tough, hard puncher no doubt, but in comparison terms I see him more like Frank Bruno - big and can hit, but ultimately a bit crude and will fall short against top class.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Fury obviously thinks Price has his number, otherwise he (Fury) would not have vacated the British title in order to avoid having to defend it against Price.

I'd back Price to knock Fury out before the halfway stage.

Have you been in the boxing game long Ernest?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Price reminds me of a young Lennox Lewis in so far as he moves fairly well for a man of his size and seems to have a decent boxing brain to go with the skill and power.

Fury is a tough, hard puncher no doubt, but in comparison terms I see him more like Frank Bruno - big and can hit, but ultimately a bit crude and will fall short against top class.

I don't rate either fighter at the moment. But at this stage of their careers, fights-wise, the aim should be to learn and improve. Price cannot improve or learn anything against Fraudley, Skelton and other paydays. Fury showed a lot of intent by scheduling the fight against Boytsov, who has a world class record, and vacating the British title, which is meaningless right now.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
Manchester Arena was brilliant last night, great atmosphere for the Freddie fight as well as the Vassell-Heffron Commonwealth title fight. Other 3 undercards were a bit quiet and dull though. We were roaring Freddie on but we could all tell they were both terrible fighters! We scored it 39-37 but referee said 39-38. There was lots of windmilling!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Manchester Arena was brilliant last night, great atmosphere for the Freddie fight as well as the Vassell-Heffron Commonwealth title fight. Other 3 undercards were a bit quiet and dull though. We were roaring Freddie on but we could all tell they were both terrible fighters! We scored it 39-37 but referee said 39-38. There was lots of windmilling!

Was 10-8 for Dawson in round 2 as he knocked Flintoff down so 3 rounds to 1 hence a 39-38 score

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Interesting that after last nights fight Prince said he wants to fight Chisora next who of course got beaten by Fury ages ago, anyone who thinks that Price is better than Fury is deluded.

Price will knock Fury out, early doors. Fury is far to open and when Price lands one on his chin he will now all about it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What a joke. Never seen such shit technique in the boxing ring. Yea he won but it was still an embarrassment. Flintoff winning has done nothing for the credibility of boxing. I've seen better brawlers drunk in the street. Fixed decision, setup for the Freddie win. Stick to ur game shows Freddie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports