Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddie Flintoff

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Freddie Flintoff having his first fight as a heayweight tomorrow night is he right to do this or not. My view is that he is too old to start a career as a boxer and this is just a gimmick what do others think.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Lot of people labelling it as a joke. Personally I don't agree, anyone who wants to put on the gloves deserves respect in my opinion. If he gets sparked out then so be it, at least he had the minerals to have a go. The fight won't be a classic by any stretch of the word, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He gained his pro license the same as any other boxer. There's probably a law that they can't stop him based on age if he passes the test, how old was Audley when he got his license?

I agree with TKF, why should't he be allowed to have a go?

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Freddie Flintoff having his first fight as a heayweight tomorrow night is he right to do this or not. My view is that he is too old to start a career as a boxer and this is just a gimmick what do others think.

You play cricket, you play rugby, if you got money you play tennis and golf but you don't play boxing. Would be great to see if Freddie has learnt the skills to hit and not get hit, but boxing is the hurting business and you can not take it as a gimmick.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Has anyone actually watched the build up programs on sky 1?

I watched the first one, he's been training in barry mcguigan's gym for 9 months and looks in great shape. He's not just doing it with no training, he wouldn't have passed the test to get his license if he was

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Think about when you've watched a shorter heavyweight bout on the undercard before. I've seen some pro fights between some out of shape pub bouncer looking types. He looks much better than that, he's actually got skills and he won't get beat up.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Saw a picture of him at his weigh in and he looked fitter than he ever has done as a cricketer. I don't think its going to be as one sided as people think.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Saw a picture of him at his weigh in and he looked fitter than he ever has done as a cricketer. I don't think its going to be as one sided as people think.

Good luck to him;I hope he doesn't get hurt too much.
On tv this morning ,his opponent looked a bit porky to me,but I dare say will know too much for Freddie.
Although he has worked hard,I can't really see the point of all this and it is a shame he wasn't as fit as he is now in his cricketing career,he may well have lasted longer without having to hump that excess weight around on his poor old joints.
Anyway,take care Fred;I am sure you will survive to tell the tale.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't for one minute think that he will get beat up but still think it is a bit of a circus and would ask what very fit man of 34 if he tried to get a licence having never fought even as an amateur would be granted a licence, if he wasn't well known.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BUM of the night difficult to work out as that TALENTLESS no HOPER David Price is on as WELL tonight and NO doubt thinking up MORE excuses to AVOID the REAL deal Tyson Fury. Thank the LORD BIG Tyson is on tomorrow NIGHT against a REAL world ranked fighter and not some 45 YEAR old dustman who SHOULD have retired YEARS ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here