Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraud help?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
doesn't help him pay his rent. He'll get it back, just won't be in the next few days.

Chargeback on direct debits takes 24 hours max most are within hours - Bt tried to take £400 off me once but I noticed it sameday and got it charged back within hours. Presumably Visa works the same way?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Chargeback on direct debits takes 24 hours max most are within hours - Bt tried to take £400 off me once but I noticed it sameday and got it charged back within hours. Presumably Visa works the same way?

Good point, I think when they brought in the Payment Service Directive it meant any unrecognised charge had to be credited within 24 hours. Forgot that.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It's only a hand written one.

the PSD came in September 2 years ago, said banks have to credit any un-rec charges within 24 hours.

doesn't matter it's hand-written, it's evidence of what the charge should have been.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
the PSD came in September 2 years ago, said banks have to credit any un-rec charges within 24 hours.

doesn't matter it's hand-written, it's evidence of what the charge should have been.

Thank you very much for your help :thumbsup:

I once found a duplicate payment had taken twice what was intended from my Co-op Bank Visa Debit card. I phoned the bank, they checked their records and refunded me half what had been taken out of my account. The sum in question was about £60.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Report to hackney office at town hall-any details ie driver number/company on receipt at all?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Got a cab(black taxi) on Friday night, didn't have cash so I paid by card, I gave the cab driver the long number on the front, the expiry date and the three digits on the back, checked my balance today and he has taken £260 twice (c@@@), I rang the bank and they have said there is nothing they can do, I need to fill out a visa report form, I then said I need to pay my rent, they told me its not their problem I haven't got clear funds.

I am fuming!!!

Help?
Please

You should never give anyone the info you gave this cabbie, particularly not the 3-digit security code on the reverse. Now he has all the info he needs to go on a spending spree on Paypal, or to sell that info to anyone else.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
While I was in Spain, I gave my card to the waiter to pay for the bill. On my statement that month, was a payment to a supermarket at Horsham, and a further payment to a merchant in Spain. The statement itself made it clear that I was still in Spain when the Horsham payment was made, and was back in England when the Spanish payment was made. The total was about £1,000, which the card company refunded immediately.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Without wishing to be rude, if your account is so close to zero that losing this sort of sum means you can't pay your rent, why are you spending £150 on a taxi?

Was thinking this also but restrained myself.
Hailing a cab for a £150 Journey, thought for that sort of distance you would have to pre book it, how far was it?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Without wishing to be rude, if your account is so close to zero that losing this sort of sum means you can't pay your rent, why are you spending £150 on a taxi?

There was three of us sharing the taxi, the rent is not my only bill, I was the mug who offered to pay with my card!, none of us had cash!.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Was thinking this also but restrained myself.
Hailing a cab for a £150 Journey, thought for that sort of distance you would have to pre book it, how far was it?

I know, that makes it even worse, he told us it would be no more than £100.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
You should never give anyone the info you gave this cabbie, particularly not the 3-digit security code on the reverse. Now he has all the info he needs to go on a spending spree on Paypal, or to sell that info to anyone else.

This is I have paid for loads of stuff,tickets, takeaways! Etc.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here