Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOUR MONTHS !! Is that all ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well it's hardly the crime of the century is it. Some would say 4 months is harsh, if someone did the same to you or me in the street they'd probably only get cautioned.
Agreed. From a football point of view, yeah throw the book at him: lifetime ban from all grounds in the known universe, ritually burn all his replica shirts, whatever. But for the actual criminal assault aspect of it four months is way over the top.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
What were you expecting? Even if he was out in a month, his face will be plastered around every single ground in the country. He has made Leeds reputation worse, which I never thought possible, and what will stick with him for life, is the fact he is a major twat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Likely to get another 5 years on his football banning order as well but that means bugger all seeming as he was banned already and still managed to attend the Sheffield Wednesday game

Maybe this time he'll be made to report to his local nick whilst the games are on so that he can't go to games.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Agreed. From a football point of view, yeah throw the book at him: lifetime ban from all grounds in the known universe, ritually burn all his replica shirts, whatever. But for the actual criminal assault aspect of it four months is way over the top.

Please,dont complain if you are assaulted.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
4 months is an appropriate sentence (as is the 5 year banning order from football and life from Elland Road). However, he should serve all that and not be let out early.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's not just the assault though is it? He's been in a YOI, had a banning order which he's ignored, so the sentencing is cumulative.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Please,dont complain if you are assaulted.

What a stupid comment; why shouldn't I complain? And what do you think the sentence should have been for what was little more than a glorified push? If that had been one of the Leeds players he wouldn't have got four months in prison, it would have been a red card and a three match ban tops.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's not just the assault though is it? He's been in a YOI, had a banning order which he's ignored, so the sentencing is cumulative.
That would explain why it isn't just a £75 plus costs, but I still think, given the offence, it's too excessive. We lock too many people up for too long for relatively trivial offences - and the spell in the YOI didn't do any good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here