Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
People defending JFC's performance with anything along the lines of 'he's only young' need to get a grip. If he's only young, put him in the reserves, not in the 11 challenging for the Premier League.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Whilst I agree it wasn't Jake's best game, some of the comments on this thread are just ridiculous!

We've lost Crofts and Bridcutt in midfield, Lopez has been poor, Augustien is out of favour and Stephens was out too tonight. With all of those, I doubt Caskey would start. On top of that, the lad is barely 20, playing in the Championship play offs. I very much doubt Caskey is sitting at home right now thinking 'yeah, I had a game'.

But hey, Brighton fans LOVE a scapegoat.

I agree, but it is certain that he was poor last night. A shadow of the player who showed so much potential when he first played for the team under Gus. What went wrong I wonder?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
JFC was out of his depth last night, I will be very surprised if he starts Sunday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree, but it is certain that he was poor last night. A shadow of the player who showed so much potential when he first played for the team under Gus. What went wrong I wonder?

Guy I go with suggests that he has been over coached and does nothing spontaneous or adventurous these days, interesting observation imo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People defending JFC's performance with anything along the lines of 'he's only young' need to get a grip. If he's only young, put him in the reserves, not in the 11 challenging for the Premier League.

So you're blaming Oscar then? Because if JFC isn't good enough and ends up starting, Oscar is the one to blame, not JFC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We lost 2-1 to a (statistically - ie based on points scored) much better team, where they had one shot on target, a penalty and a poor stroke of luck for PIG for their second. We were denied at least one possible pen and their keeper was MOTM for me. Agree JFC didn't have the best of games, but then neither did the Player of the Season. We're still very much in this. Keep the faith.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So you're blaming Oscar then? Because if JFC isn't good enough and ends up starting, Oscar is the one to blame, not JFC.

Oscar just had no real choice, Crofts and Stephens out, Lopez more of a wider player, nobody else to select....but JFC did look like he was suffering from stage fright...... To me he did at least.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

He wouldn't be first choice, we have others ahead of him in the pecking order who aren't available. Give the kid a break, he's doing his best. Why are Brighton fans such ***** when it comes to young players? The young players must read NSC, it can't do a lot for their confidence, can it?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Agree that JFC got found out a bit last night. He constantly slowed the play down when we were attacking.

The people saying that he'll never be good enough though are clueless. This is how you bring young players though, you just have to play them at the right times to keep them developing so that when he's 23/24/25 he'll be a very good midfielder. He was only there last night because of injuries.

When the academy is up and running to people expect that we'll develop all these young players and then sell them to a lower league team as soon as they have a bad game?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
He seems to be playing too deep.
I`m assuming he is only following instructions so maybe they should give him more freedom.
We need him roaming forward behind Ulloa as he has the ability and control to do that.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was perplexed as to why he was playing in a holding role for most of the game. Seemed a very strange decision.

Away at Forest he dropped in to that position in the Second half. I thought I was seeing things, but no, last night he was doing the same. There is only one person in the squad that I want to see there and that's Ince.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
he did have a very poor first half
would like to see Ince start on Sunday
in a 4 2 3 1 with lindgard as central attacking support
but he has scored 3 goals this season the same as Buckley
2 more than Lua Lua (an in swinging cross) and Solly (his goal came in the cup)
It was the first time for me that he let the side down
and he did improve second half .
with remy out of favour and crofts and Stephens injured
the only alternative seems to be the more defensive Ince
I would go for Ince but put Jesse in the centre

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Oscar just had no real choice, Crofts and Stephens out, Lopez more of a wider player, nobody else to select....but JFC did look like he was suffering from stage fright...... To me he did at least.

He had a choice, Ince. I would much rtaher have an 80% Ince than JFC starting. Hell, I would even prefer LOPEZ starting.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
May be it's just my take but think he appears to light weight for the big occasions at the moment. Am sure time is on his side and will become a good player somewhere.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Usual overreaction from some (worst game ever, only good for league 2 etc etc). He was clearly asked to play deeper than usual, a quarterback type role if you will, which would have allowed Andrews to be more of a box to box type. The first 20 - 25 minutes it worked and we were superb, they got their penalty, confidence went and I think nerves got to him (20 years old playing in the biggest game of his life so far). However, 30 appearances for a lad just turned 20 in a team that finished 6th in the Championship shows that he is a good player, I would take the opinion of Oscar over any single fan.
Those saying Ince should play are probably the same that were saying that Ince and Andrews couldn't play together. If Stephens had been fit he would have started and we would have looked a different proposition.
By way of comparison, Derby were able to have their best prospect, Will Hughes, on the bench. A luxury Oscar did not have.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've been critical of JFC in the past, but last night was not the time to have a go. Very tough game, against a strong midfield.

People telling him he is shit on Twitter, including messaging Nicky Forster (!) are complete bellends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here