Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He had a shocker last night, no doubts about it. Also, looks like his goal of the season award has gone to his head as he has been shooting from some ridiculous positions lately. However, the reaction has been OTT. People saying he can only pass sideways or backwards must not be watching when he's played 45 yard balls from our half to the left wing, whilst he's put in some superb performances this year that largely go unnoticed, like against Forest on Saturday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If...

- you don't think JFC is good enough to be playing, blame Oscar for playing him.
- you think Ince should be playing ahead of JFC, blame Oscar for playing him.
- you think JFC played the wrong style of game, blame Oscar for telling him how and where to play.
- you think abusing a young 20 year old who has just played in the biggest game of his career is the right thing to do, you are stupid.
- you think JFC didn't try as hard as he could last night, you are stupid.
- you were given an Albion shirt and told to go and give it your all, you wouldn't say "No, I think you should pick someone else".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If...

- you don't think JFC is good enough to be playing, blame Oscar for playing him.
- you think Ince should be playing ahead of JFC, blame Oscar for playing him.
- you think JFC played the wrong style of game, blame Oscar for telling him how and where to play.
- you think abusing a young 20 year old who has just played in the biggest game of his career is the right thing to do, you are stupid.
- you think JFC didn't try as hard as he could last night, you are stupid.
- you were given an Albion shirt and told to go and give it your all, you wouldn't say "No, I think you should pick someone else".

I think that is the easy way out there. I can understand trying to defend him, any abuse he gets is completely stupid, however he was very poor yesterday and that is his fault.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that is the easy way out there. I can understand trying to defend him, any abuse he gets is completely stupid, however he was very poor yesterday and that is his fault.

I agree - I don't think he had a particularly good game. But I recognise he has just turned 20, he is inexperienced, he was playing in the biggest game of his life, he was being asked to play in a position which is not completely natural for him, that we all have bad days at work (maybe you're the exception and don't) and that, as such, some of the abuse that has been dished out is, in my opinion, completely out of order.

Maybe I'm the weird one in holding that view.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He did not have a great game but too many people looking at him in isolation he is part of a poor 3 man midfield and I dont think he knows where he fits - bit of a jack of all trades and master of none. As he is still learning his trade they should be focusing on 1 specific role not moving him around. To counter that I can understand why he was in a deeper role, with Derbys pacey counter attacking and our slow defense plus Andrews I think he was seen as adding a bit more pace when they attacked.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I agree - I don't think he had a particularly good game. But I recognise he has just turned 20, he is inexperienced, he was playing in the biggest game of his life, he was being asked to play in a position which is not completely natural for him, that we all have bad days at work (maybe you're the exception and don't) and that, as such, some of the abuse that has been dished out is, in my opinion, completely out of order.

Abuse aimed at him, I agree totally out of order, but being moaned about on here is perfectly acceptable surely thats what the site is for, a place to vent?

He had a shocker last night, his decsion making is terrible, not many people have agreed with me this morning, but the first goal was his fault, the ball fell to him 30 yards out and he had a shot so weak it didnt go out of play and they picked it up at the right back posisition and this had us everyone out of play.

Why when we are 1-0 up would you shoot from 30+yards he had several other options and he want for glory. he then failed to make a tackle on the half way line and then failed again to get behind the ball and allowed their forward to run though into the box. all this when we were in control and just needed to look after the ball.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Not at all. I totally agree. He was not great last night - but then he and Andrews look to duplicate each others efforts - which made it look worse.

One thing he can do is retain possession - and last night his touch let him down on occasion. The art of his game I would work on is his forward passing - but he is a young level-headed lad, and will improve.

Having sat on his table at the sponsors dinner - on a personal level he is a credit to himself and the club.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
This is BS..... JFC had a poor game, so did Orlandi, they have had excellent games as well. If anyone thinks they didnt give it everything they are idiots.

The way anyone improves is with the support of those around them, I have never seen anyone improve when being picked on.

If Oscar sees fit to play him Sunday then I will trust his judgement far more than my bias amateur views.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He was poor but so were the whole of the midfield, the forwards and Upson and he has more excuses than the rest for having a bad game

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He's a decent young player, who when he's on form helps us to tick over by being available for a pass, linking up play and generally working hard. A team that plays possession football need that kind of player (Navarro? Dicker?).

When he's playing at his best, he is good enough to play for a decent Championship side.

He just didn't have a good game last night. That happens. Look at the ex-PL/England international who just won player of the season, he had his worst game for a while as well.

It's clear to anyone who has a brain that the team selection is limited by injuries/those returning from them. Plus the bizarre case of Kemi and the inconsistency of Dave.

Ordinarily Crofts, Stephens or Ince would get the nod ahead of JFC.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I've been critical of JFC in the past, but last night was not the time to have a go. Very tough game, against a strong midfield.

People telling him he is shit on Twitter, including messaging Nicky Forster (!) are complete bellends.

Absolutely out of order, and the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves. Besides it really isn't his fault, he hardly went out there to play badly. It's really nothing more than whether he was the right person for the job on the night. He's got a good future in the game, but wasn't up to the task yesterday. Good luck to him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not meaning to be controversial but I actually thought he did okay dropping back to cover and prevent them breaking quickly in the second half. Not a spectacular role with much chance to shine but he didn't let himself down or the team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Not meaning to be controversial but I actually thought he did okay dropping back to cover and prevent them breaking quickly in the second half. Not a spectacular role with much chance to shine but he didn't let himself down or the team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you're going to criticise JFC you should also be looking in Orlandi's direction too , both had stinkers of a game. Ince could be the answer on Sunday instead of JFC with Solly replacing Orlandi and CMS playing right wing in place of Buckley in the starting line up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

On 2 occasions he was held back when we had a corner and both times gave the ball away 1 with a very poor header that wasnt necessary and 2nd with a lofted clearance straight to a Derby player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
On 2 occasions he was held back when we had a corner and both times gave the ball away 1 with a very poor header that wasnt necessary and 2nd with a lofted clearance straight to a Derby player.
Far from being the only one guilty of that last night!
He wasn't brilliant but he was in good company in that respect. Upson, Orlandi, Andrews......

Still as a team we were far from being bad and come Sunday we can go into the game knowing we still have a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here