Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster back in squad

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Exactly. From this he is more than ever making his point over the way the club handles this sort of situation. I simply cannot believe that for the sake of a statement like this he was excluded for 3 very important games which possibly cost us 7 points.

I'm sure others will argue otherwise but I'm not sure I'm that impressed with the club's handling of this matter.

I agree. The statement is basically reiterating the position that he held in the first place, but by doing so he is back in the squad.

Its a face saving ploy by the club I feel.

That said it's great he is back. Well done Nicky.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Strength, maybe not, but pace definitely caused them problems

His pace appears to be his only asset. Pace alone won't keep him in the team, or win us any games. He's a forward; he needs to be scoring goals.

conjecture, impossible to prove as the game would have been very different, Norwich, for example may have pushed us back further up the pitch without the breakaway threat of Holroyds pace and we might not have had anywhere near the amount of possession or opportunities as we had.

Of course it's conjecture! Prefixed with the words 'I think..'. It's my opinion! :facepalm:

Forster was very poor in the two games prior to his temper tantrum, he seemed to have lost his touch and pace which is his main assets so if he had played, would he have done any better - who knows? would he have been in the right place at the right time? Another day Murrays chances all go in, that game he was just unlucky due to some very good defending. and after all NF was playing in 4 out of the 5 home games we failed to score in recently, would he have made that much difference? impossible to say.

Yes, I agree that Forster was poor against Millwall and Stockport, but despite this he is still the most consistent - and in my opinion, hard-working - striker we have. Of course we don't know what might've happened had he played the last 3 but on the strength of what I saw with my own eyes I believe that Forster, on average, would've been more likely to put them away.

You said originally it cost us 7 points from those 3 games, just pointing out it was highly unlikely:)

Yes, of course you have a valid point there. I'm not sure it was 'highly unlikely', but obviously open to some debate. IMO it isn't our defence that's costing us games any more, it's our lack of goals, and as we've all been reminded there's been no shortage of chances.

I've spent a lot of time watching us this season and I feel that we have improved immensely, particularly at the back - we're letting in WAY less goals - but anyone who went to the last 2 home games will agree that those were 2 we should've won; 2 wins thrown away. And I reckon an experienced veteran pro striker like Forster would've pulled something out of the bag for us.

At the very least, I feel that the last 3 games we're there for the taking - that the chances were there - and that this whole Forster saga, whoever caused it, may have cost us those 3 wins.

Why do you think we lost those 3 games then?

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I agree. The statement is basically reiterating the position that he held in the first place, but by doing so he is back in the squad.

Its a face saving ploy by the club I feel.

That said it's great he is back. Well done Nicky.

It seemed that way to me,glad to have him back. Hope gus learned his lesson.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He'll be on the bench then, he won't start straight away. It's good to get him back in the side and hopefully get his mind back on the job.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
His pace appears to be his only asset. Pace alone won't keep him in the team, or win us any games. He's a forward; he needs to be scoring goals.

I thought there was a lot more to Holroyd's game than pace. He held the ball up well and created chances with intelligent play in both the Stockport and Norwich games. Let's hope that he can get on the scoresheet early, so that his confidence doesn't take a knock a la Craig Davies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here