Forster back in squad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Hopefully this will put an end to all of the negative comments about how Poyet has dealt with this situation.
For me, Poyet is stronger for this as he has shown that he will not be manipulated by players and also explains why he let Dickinson go out on loan.
Onwards and upwards now!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A near to an apology as you can get without having to eat humble pie.

Well done Nicky and Gus, hopefully NF has some sort of commitment from Bloom that he will have a job with the Albion once he hangs up his boots. It certainly sounds that way.

Also hope that Gus keeping his nerve when being confronted by a senior player with contractural wants has taught the other players...who are not as valuable to the squad as Forster...that they don't call the shots.

Welcome back Nicky.

So why did it take so long for that to come out then?

Exactly. From this he is more than ever making his point over the way the club handles this sort of situation. I simply cannot believe that for the sake of a statement like this he was excluded for 3 very important games which possibly cost us 7 points.

I'm sure others will argue otherwise but I'm not sure I'm that impressed with the club's handling of this matter.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Exactly. From this he is more than ever making his point over the way the club handles this sort of situation. I simply cannot believe that for the sake of a statement like this he was excluded for 3 very important games which possibly cost us 7 points.

I'm sure others will argue otherwise but I'm not sure I'm that impressed with the club's handling of this matter.

So you think the club should just roll over for any player feelling a bit hard done by? Gus and the club have stuck to their guns and the delay is down to Forster taking this long to realise he has painted himself into a corner.

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
This is all good news, and I don't want to put a downer on this, but I was at the youth game on Saturday and was in the canteen area, when I could easily hear what Forster on the phone to his agent, saying " Yes I am willing talk to anyone, if they show an interest in me ". He was in the company of Andy Whing. But lets hope he stays. God willing.......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is all good news, and I don't want to put a downer on this, but I was at the youth game on Saturday and was in the canteen area, when I could easily hear what Forster on the phone to his agent, saying " Yes I am willing talk to anyone, if they show an interest in me ". He was in the company of Andy Whing. But lets hope he stays. God willing.......

He agent said that out loud in a canteen full of people? I find that hard to believe tbh....

Tricky001

Aug 28, 2009
I can assure you I heard him say that. He originally rec'd the call, went out of the room then came back in and was finishing up his conversation, when he said this. Gospel...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully means we can get Caskey tied to a contract as well then

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
:catfight: :(: :wrong: punish: :gossip: :kiss: :clap2:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Great news

I am dismayed that any statement I made may have been misinterpreted and it was never my intention under any circumstances to infer that I was leaving the club

If that was the sole reason for bust up, why did it take three matches for NF to correct the situation?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I was at the last two home games and the only reason we didn't win them was a lack of serious finishing, imho. My pals who went to Leyton said the same about that game. Holyroyd's not strong enough to have an impact; Murray and Dickinson are too patchy. Forster's our leading goalscorer for a reason.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Well if thats true, no-one was were they.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports