Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster back in squad

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Hopefully all can be forgiven and we now move on. The break may be a blessing in disguise as he should be nice and fresh now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
By Paul Camillin

Nicky Forster is back in contention for Saturday's trip to Leeds United after clarifying his position over his contract dispute with the club.

The Albion striker has also reassured fans he remains 100% committed to the club and the battle to move away from the League One relegation fight.

Forster told seagulls.co.uk, "When I went to see the manager, my sole intention was to discuss my contract, in the hope that it would be extended for a further season.

"I did not put in a transfer request, however as the club could not tell me whether I was part of their plans for the following season it was made clear that I along with others out of contract at the end of the season, could pursue other options.

"I am dismayed that any statement I made may have been misinterpreted and it was never my intention under any circumstances to infer that I was leaving the club.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my playing years with Brighton and genuinely hoped - and still do - that I would remain at Brighton until the end of my playing days, hopefully with the opportunity to take up a training role.

"The decision to delay the offering of contracts makes life very difficult, particularly for players of my age.

"We are not the big earners like Premiership players, and in my opinion, players and their families, need to know where they stand with regard to contracts as soon as possible, before the end of the season.

"I have always been totally committed to Brighton and will continue to be so."

Tut, tut. The word is 'imply'.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fantastic news all round. Now, show us you mean it Nicky.

And very well done to Gus - don't mess with the guy.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
This has cheered me up today even more than the NSC Gold thread from the Stockport idiot. And that's saying something.:):clap2::clap2:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well, we need him now more than ever and it sounds like he's out to prove a point. He makes some very valid points about the contract situation as it stands but it's more of a stand against the ways of professional football itself rather than the club - which is what it looked like before.

No mention as to how Sky Sports was given the story I see but let's hope this is the end of it and he earns that new contract with more goals.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sanity returns to the Albion at last, huzzah! Let's hope it decides to hang around for a while this time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thank f**k for that. Now on with the season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Does seem strange it's taken Nicky so long to come out with this statement. But then again I don't care anymore, the important thing is we have our top scorer back for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here