Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

for saftey why don't the club hold troublesome away support behind after matches

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
:ohmy:why arn't the likes of millwall supporters held behind after the game for 20 minutes or so to give us a chance to get away.i saw a lady get a smack for nothing by the thugs and a few other bits of trouble.we go to millwall/palace away and get held behind for 30 minutes or more:annoyed:so why does the club not do the same for the safty of our supporters,which includes women and children:mad:.i can see it getting out of hand against palace or another game :ffsparr:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because, rightly or wrongly, the club / police have taken the view that they should treat people like adults, in the hope that they will behave like adults.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How long can you hold them back for ? Most people are still in bus or train queues 20 minutes after the final whistle, so there's no avoiding them anyway.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
The Millwall special was due at the station 10 mins after Kick Off so couldnt hold them back really!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The Millwall special was due at the station 10 mins after Kick Off so couldnt hold them back really!

On Twitter last night

@ BHAFCtransport
Very busy thus evening it you all seem to be getting home, the #Millwall special train is about 20mins late! #bhafc #footytraffic

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Priority surely should be safety of others. Clearly not just Millwall fans but other clubs supporters are incapable of mingling with other safely and in a friendly manner therefore should get held behind. Fair enough if they do not wish to keep them in the stadium but at least construct some nice big gates just before the West Stand entrances so they can be kept outside and gates opened and closed to allow a sensible flow of away supporters that can be managed by Police and stewards instead of letting 1400 idiots out at once to walk to the station. Our transport infrastructure does not allow for this to happen safely. I agree we should be kept behind at certain places as we have our share of idiots and if it stops problems why not. That way you can filter out persons who have traveled by coach or can show a parking voucher to get away quickly. Not sure there is a correct answer to the problem but will it take someone to get seriously hurt before something is done.

On Twitter last night

@ BHAFCtransport
Very busy thus evening it you all seem to be getting home, the #Millwall special train is about 20mins late! #bhafc #footytraffic

Was the Millwall special train late because it was found lying down on the track refusing to get up until it received attention?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with this. Yes fine, no need for most games. But for the likes of Millwall and Palace it should definitely happen.

Chelsea fans at Leeds last night were still there for a good half hour after the game. It's accepted practice where there is potential for trouble.

I get the treating fans properly point, but both Palace and Millwall have shown they don't deserve to be treated properly. Treat them like the animals that they are.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Was the Millwall special train late because it was found lying down on the track refusing to get up until it received attention?

Apparantly it hit a leaf on the track.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to ban away supporters in cases where misbehaviour can't be contained within the structure we already have?

Millwall should be on a last warning. They bring 1,800 and cause no end of problems. So then we restrict them to STH only, and 1,400 tix, and problems are reduced but still way beyond normal clubs. One last chance - cut their allocation still further, and if they can't behave just ban them. Problem solved.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Couldn't help notice Chelsea fans held back for a fair while at Leeds last night.
I think it needs something called planning & organisation.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I agree. I like the fact that we're a pretty friendly bunch and i wouldn't want to start holding back away fans every week, but for both Millwall and Palace they should 100% be held back out of respect for the home fans. Having to stand next to somebody abusing you and goading you and shoving you at the station is nobody's idea of fun. And if you have kids with you, i would imagine it's going to massively put you off coming again. It's not like the away fans would care much, i imagine they expect to be held back anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because its an eve K/O and people need to get home. Should be maybe played 12.00 sunday this means you can keep them behind and they will still have PLENTY of time to get the trains to London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here