Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

for saftey why don't the club hold troublesome away support behind after matches

Dandyman

In London village.
Police are considering holding Palace fans back after our game next year, although a host of measures will be discussed at meeting with clubs, fans etc in the run up to the game.

I don't see the need to hold fans back but think there should be a more visible police presence in the stretch from West Stand Upper to away entrance. Hardly a copper or steward to be seen round there.

Given that the transport plan (and the drinking requirements of a fair few of us) are based on many of us staying at the ground for up to an hour after games, that sounds fairly spot on to me.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Holding away fans back for half an hour works when the home fans can walk home within half an hour. We can't really do that at the AmEx because of the queues for the trains- and both sets of fans need to get on the train. It is a bit of a design flaw and I'm not sure how we can get around it.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Holding away fans back for half an hour works when the home fans can walk home within half an hour. We can't really do that at the AmEx because of the queues for the trains- and both sets of fans need to get on the train. It is a bit of a design flaw and I'm not sure how we can get around it.

Rubbish. If they are kept behind for half an hour on Saturdays or midday kick off then they'll be at the back of the queue instead of mingling with home fans.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Rubbish. If they are kept behind for half an hour on Saturdays or midday kick off then they'll be at the back of the queue instead of mingling with home fans.

If half an hour was enough time to get enough of us home fans away then you would be right. If there are still 300 people queueing then you are talking about asking 1400 Millwall fans to wait patiently whilst watching home fans take up the last places on a train. It might be better than mingling at full time but it isn't really a complete solution.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
what a wet lettuce thread this has turned into , seriously SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GET A GRIP !!!!!

Christ, I actually agree with you for once.

The only real reason people want Palace held back is because we were held back there. Didn't work too badly for Millwalls special train, just got their fans to queue in the station car park - easy, no need to be held back at all.

Jan 30, 2008
christ, i actually agree with you for once.

The only real reason people want palace held back is because we were held back there. Didn't work too badly for millwalls special train, just got their fans to queue in the station car park - easy, no need to be held back at all.
:love:

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If half an hour was enough time to get enough of us home fans away then you would be right. If there are still 300 people queueing then you are talking about asking 1400 Millwall fans to wait patiently whilst watching home fans take up the last places on a train. It might be better than mingling at full time but it isn't really a complete solution.

I would'nt ask Millwall fans to wait, Id'll tell to wait if they dont like it then tuff shit. We had to wait at theirs.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What about relocating the away fans to the north stand and constructing a secure walk way from the north to the station???

Top shout Rev, but Shirley it'd be better to sink some narrow subterranean pipework from the away section? The fat gobby lumps from you-know-who can be inserted one by one into said pipe & fired (using compressed air) out towards some godless industrial estate up Crawley way. The Bats will doubtless be happy to boot, although we might have a bit of a battle with the local Mole botherers innit. :mad:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No need to go over board. Was there thousands behind on Tuesday? Probably on a nice spring, autum evening but winter?

Out of a crowd of over 20k home fans, whatever the time of year, I reckon there will be a few thousand who stay for a pint after the game, therefore leaving at the same time or just before the away fans are released after being held back 30 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here