Football rumours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was never about replacing Chicksen though, he spent quite a lot of last season out on loan. It is about replacing Calderon and, as I assume Rosenior will be focusing on his preferred right back position, it will be a left back. Surely replacing Chicksen would mean signing a player who we immediately make available for loan.

Chicksen was the natural cover for Bong but CH didnt rate him so used LR and when he got injured resorted to using IC in preference to Chicksen so a left back brought in would be to replace Chicksen as the natural 2nd choice left back. Because CH didnt rate Chicksen the only option was to send him out on loan and hopefully get some of his wages paid.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hasnt he had a serious injury so may take some time to get back to full fitness. How long does Bong have left on his contract.

He should be fine for pre-season training I read.
Stephen Warnock has gone to Wigan from Derby I've just noticed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He was on loan there at the latter end of last season. If I was a betting man I would still bet on Liam Ridgewell joining us permenntly as cover left back and CB.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Warnock is GATG imo. Derby have Olsson and Max Lowe who is highly rated so perhaps Forsyth will be attainable.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He was on loan there at the latter end of last season. If I was a betting man I would still bet on Liam Ridgewell joining us permenntly as cover left back and CB.

Article about Ridgwell here:

I'd like to go back and play one day back in England but I've only got a year left on my contract at Portland Timbers.

I'm talking to the club at the minute so hopefully that will go well but you never know how that's going to go so it could be my last season this year.

Hopefully it isn't but it might be. I might be playing at home sooner than I expected but I think I'm always going to come home with my kids being at home, my family. I'd like to play at home one more time.

Warnock is GATG imo. Derby have Olsson and Max Lowe who is highly rated so perhaps Forsyth will be attainable.

Wasn't suggesting Warnock for us, more looking at Derby's LB options. Hadn't heard of Max Lowe but if he's as promising as you say then you could be right.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Article about Ridgwell here:

Wasn't suggesting Warnock for us, more looking at Derby's LB options. Hadn't heard of Max Lowe but if he's as promising as you say then you could be right.

No, I know you weren't. I meant that he'd not have been in Derby's plans anyway, even if they hadn't yet offloaded him. I suppose it all hinges on whether they plan to promote (so to speak) Lowe and whether Forsyth is open to a move.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I can see your thinking. I'm not so sure though. I would imagine Ridgewell would want to be a starter. He wouldn't get ahead of Bong or any of our current central defenders. We can do better.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can see your thinking. I'm not so sure though. I would imagine Ridgewell would want to be a starter. He wouldn't get ahead of Bong or any of our current central defenders. We can do better.

On top of that Ridgewell was not/is not good enough..... in either left back or centre half

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
03 Jun 2016 14:50:53
Exciting hot prospect Jonathan Nanizayamo of French club Lens is a top target for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Come on BG, I shouldn't have to be cut and pasting these for you.
???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didnt say anything as he didnt need to. He brought him in on loan and played him in preference to what we had.having originally said that we were well and adequately covered for Bong and Roseniors injurys.

He had no choice as the window was closed so therefore there was nothing obvious about it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
03 Jun 2016 14:50:53
Exciting hot prospect Jonathan Nanizayamo of French club Lens is a top target for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Come on BG, I shouldn't have to be cut and pasting these for you.
???

I'm in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dunk to Everton 7 million ? ???

Hope we don't lose more than 1 player this summer.

Pretty disasterous to lose Dunk + Stephens? + any others? :nono:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports