Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Very happy for Andone to be given a fresh chance. Will be fascinating to see how that pans out.

Some strange revisionism going on in this thread though. “Best striker at the club”, “Better finisher than Maupay”, etc.

The lad has scored FOUR goals in 26 Albion appearances to date :shrug:

Goals per minute for us suggests he is better than Maupay. (Excluding penalties)

Andone 1 goal every 238 mins.

Maupay 1 goal every 337 mins.

Over the course of a season that equates to 14 goals for Andone and 10 for Maupay.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not much difference. However, it's worth considering that all but 2 of Andone's appearances were for Albion in the 18/19 season, when we didn't create nearly as many goal-scoring opportunities as we have done this season and last. The following stats for xG scored in open play highlight this:

18/19: 20.22
19/20: 35.22
20/21: 24.96 (extrapolates to 39.52 over 38 games)

To me this is the point

No criticism at all to anyone concerned, but at that stage of our development as a PL club, we were a two banks of four and a target man type of club. The main job of a striker was to win headers on the half way line.

I saw enough from Andone to think that in a superior side, he would score goals. I think he is easily a step above Maupay

The questions which remain are whether he will fully recover from injury and whether he's irretrievably burned bridges with GP after the Southampton game.

My guess is he will not feature much this year, but be our main striker next year

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He’s just tweeted this...

View attachment 133878

Is this true?

Because I've been informed that the players almost certainly don't read NSC, something about them having to view too many adverts for a millionaire to put up with

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not much difference. However, it's worth considering that all but 2 of Andone's appearances were for Albion in the 18/19 season, when we didn't create nearly as many goal-scoring opportunities as we have done this season and last. The following stats for xG scored in open play highlight this:

18/19: 20.22
19/20: 35.22
20/21: 24.96 (extrapolates to 39.52 over 38 games)

Wow. That’ll be getting on for double the chances created this season compared to Hughton’s last. How on earth did Glenn Murray score so many with so few chances????

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wow. That’ll be getting on for double the chances created this season compared to Hughton’s last. How on earth did Glenn Murray score so many with so few chances????

He was a very good striker

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
Andone

Do you think Potter .will play Andone.when he is 100%fit .to play in the first team.remember .he is under contract .and we must include him in training.or has he burned his bridges.with the head coach.??

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he trains well and has the right attitude he will compete on the same terms as everyone else, otherwise he wouldnt have been included in the 25 man squad.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
89000 threads - wonder how many are duplicated like the 2 new threads on Andone in the past 24 hours. A quick search may be a good idea before starting a new thread..........

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If he trains well and has the right attitude he will compete on the same terms as everyone else, otherwise he wouldnt have been included in the 25 man squad.

If players are at the club & fit the criteria they HAVE to be included in the 25 man squad... Crofts was in it at one point for that reason.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If players are at the club & fit the criteria they HAVE to be included in the 25 man squad... Crofts was in it at one point for that reason.

Are you sure about this? Sounds very weird. Danny Rose wasnt included in Spurs squad and he is fit afaik.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I reckon that Potter should name him in the squad for Palace whether he's fit or not. They're probably still feeling the pain of the goal he scored against them :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here